Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Ah ****. Large pictures.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:48 am
Well the title, while censored, says it all.

Large Image

No, that's not an optical illusion, my 1911 is doing that.

I'm not sure what's the matter, I've tried my other mag but it still does it.

I have noticed this however, could that be the problem?

It seems to be a burr which was probably made by the steel cased Wolf ammunition.
But even so, if it was feeding properly the steel case shouldn't have done that right?

I wonder if my warranty is still good.
Hmm, well they would want me to ship it out I don't really want to do that.

Ah, wonderful. I'm looking at the warranty, it only works if you only use factory 230 gr brass cased ammo.
stare  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:16 am
I'm having a similar problem with my M1 Carbine.

I'm assuming there's something wrong with the feed ramp.  

Inquisitor Brock

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:46 am
I seem to have problems with setback as well, though it's not usually the first time the round is loaded, but it's never even two digits.
Several things.
Maybe a burr.
Maybe an oddly steep feed ramp.
Maybe a bullet that isn't as tight as it should be in the case.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:11 pm
Also, try dropping a round in the barrel while it's out. See if you get any resistance.  

uryu ishida

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:17 am
uryu ishida
Also, try dropping a round in the barrel while it's out. See if you get any resistance.

It drops in just fine, BUT when I push it in as how it would probably feed, it catches on that burr.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:38 pm
Is it the bullet or the case that catches? Looking at position, I'm assuming bullet. It might be what's causing it. You might want ot let a gunsmith look at it and fix it, so you don't mess it up if you try ot fix it yourself.

Mine just seems to set them back a bit quick.  

uryu ishida

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:40 am
uryu ishida
Is it the bullet or the case that catches? Looking at position, I'm assuming bullet. It might be what's causing it. You might want ot let a gunsmith look at it and fix it, so you don't mess it up if you try ot fix it yourself.

Mine just seems to set them back a bit quick.

Seems like the neck of the brass catches on that burr, but then again maybe I'm wrong since the slug is getting pushed in.
Maybe it's both, who knows but a gunsmith. wink

Ah... I'm not sure of any gunsmiths in my area.
Never been to one and never really needed one.

Gander wants a $40 flat rate for anything they look at or work on, but I haven't heard of any reviews about them.

I wonder if that gunshop I did a transfer with has a gunsmith.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:08 am
When loading .45acp ammo the bullet isn't fully crimped into the casing so after only a few times of chambering a round the bullet can get set back, This is why t is good to rotate the ammo in your magazines in your CCW and only keep it for about 6 months max.  

Freak_090
Captain

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:29 am
Freak_090
When loading .45acp ammo the bullet isn't fully crimped into the casing so after only a few times of chambering a round the bullet can get set back, This is why t is good to rotate the ammo in your magazines in your CCW and only keep it for about 6 months max.

Ah ok so it's normal. Well that's... good? sweatdrop

So that's not the issue, ok.
... hmm. yeah.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:54 am
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090

... hmm. yeah.

How many times was it chambered before this happened?  

Freak_090
Captain

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:07 am
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090

... hmm. yeah.

Well, a couple of times I think. I don't put one in the chamber I just leave them in the mag.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:10 am
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090

... hmm. yeah.

Well, a couple of times I think. I don't put one in the chamber I just leave them in the mag.

It shouldn't be that bad untill you've done it like 20+ times are there any dents or scratches on the bullets?  

Freak_090
Captain

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:18 am
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090

... hmm. yeah.

It shouldn't be that bad untill you've done it like 20+ times are there any dents or scratches on the bullets?

Yeah, there are some dents.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff