Submit

Eriwain
Crew

6,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:44 am
I dont think its about being happy with your size and weight, so much as your body being able to function correctly. I whole heartedly advise a trip to your GP for diet advice and to check that you arent in any danger. It might be an underlying problem causing it.
People are so desperate to be thin these days, and the media promote it without ever educating people of the included risks (complete opposite to how they cover overweight people- "look how unfit they are, this is all the damage they are doing to their bodies, they have to be thin!")

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:16 am
Amy Obscurite
Neiina
I think you're fine then, as long as you're eating normally. One of my friends has a bmi of 16 as well, she eats a lot but has a high metabolism and is a vegetarian.

you got me there, I look normal and have a bmi of 20 but I actually haven't exercised for two years T___T I keep telling myself to do it next week.
I was trying to point out the irony in zapping yourself with harmful rays to determine your healthiness razz
That's creepy. I eat a lot and I'm a vegetarian too. xD

Radiation poisoning? It's nothing when you know how overweight you are! xD

that would probably explain why you have a low bmi XD as long as you eat a lot and not try to starve yourself you're fine. if you're really worried you can ask your doctor about it.

of course! it's okay to die from excessive x-rays as long as you know how much fat you have on your body!  

Neiina

Amy Obscurite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:41 pm
Eriwain
I dont think its about being happy with your size and weight, so much as your body being able to function correctly. I whole heartedly advise a trip to your GP for diet advice and to check that you arent in any danger. It might be an underlying problem causing it.
People are so desperate to be thin these days, and the media promote it without ever educating people of the included risks (complete opposite to how they cover overweight people- "look how unfit they are, this is all the damage they are doing to their bodies, they have to be thin!")
I don't really think that seeing a GP is necessary. I was born, well, I was born really fat, but ever since I've lost all that puppy fat, from about 2 years of age, I've been underweight. I've never had any problems with my body due to my weight before, but if anything out of the ordinary does happen, I'll see my GP immediately.

I really hate the media for teaching people the wrong thing, but I also hate other media for demonizing thin people. Not all of us starved ourselves, and some like myself, can't help it at all. I'd rather not be associated with the size-zero anorexia celebrities.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:42 pm
Amy Obscurite
Eriwain
I don't really think that seeing a GP is necessary. I was born, well, I was born really fat, but ever since I've lost all that puppy fat, from about 2 years of age, I've been underweight. I've never had any problems with my body due to my weight before, but if anything out of the ordinary does happen, I'll see my GP immediately.

I really hate the media for teaching people the wrong thing, but I also hate other media for demonizing thin people. Not all of us starved ourselves, and some like myself, can't help it at all. I'd rather not be associated with the size-zero anorexia celebrities.

Did your GP ever say why you have an overactive thyroid gland? That's the only thing that may be a concern. A physical evey year or two is never a bad thing ^^

The media will do what they do. Not really much that can be done about that. I think it's more important to have a low-stress lifestyle than it is to constantly worry about your weight and what other people think 3nodding  

Rhireiah

Amy Obscurite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:48 pm
P_Chan82

Did your GP ever say why you have an overactive thyroid gland? That's the only thing that may be a concern. A physical evey year or two is never a bad thing ^^

The media will do what they do. Not really much that can be done about that. I think it's more important to have a low-stress lifestyle than it is to constantly worry about your weight and what other people think 3nodding
Well, I've not been spoken to by a professional, but my mother said that we don't have hyperthyroidism. Apparently it's completely inherited. When my mother was a child, she was part of a poor family, and they couldn't survive on much, so their bodies learned to deal with not having much. I'm not sure how much I can say this is true, but maybe I'll have a physical or something when I get the time. xD  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff