Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you know please tell me
  Yea I know where to find them
  No im sorry.
View Results

Andy _1134

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:43 pm
So dose any one know where to find those templets for comics?
I have storyboards but thats diffrent. Im looking for the templets for actual comincs. I cant seem to find any. SO dose anyone know where to find them?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:40 pm
How large of a comic template?  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Andy _1134

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:39 am
Any size.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:37 am
I have no idea.

I just make my own when I do comics.

What is useful is to sketch your boxes, even if they're crooked, and sketch the pictures then go back and use a ruler to straighten the boxes since they're already there and go over the sketches darker and add in more details and start finalizing it.

That's how I made a comic page a while ago. (except I never found ruler in my house so it's not done)  

Zizzykitty
Crew

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:58 am
Genrally the box layout are indicative of the story telling - they give emphasis to scenes and influence the pacing of a page, so it's hard to have templates for them, sicne what's happening in your comic should dicate the box style and layout.

But what I do is sketch it out (and draw the stuff inside), then go on a programme like paintshop or something and draw the boxes using thier straight lines.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:30 pm
dragontamer363
Genrally the box layout are indicative of the story telling - they give emphasis to scenes and influence the pacing of a page, so it's hard to have templates for them, sicne what's happening in your comic should dicate the box style and layout.

But what I do is sketch it out (and draw the stuff inside), then go on a programme like paintshop or something and draw the boxes using thier straight lines.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

And you do comics similar to how I do them too. Sketch then refine. (except you use photoshop and I don't. xD)  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:47 am
Also, for comic tones I think you can find them online or check out books in big bookstores. I think some books might just come with Background Tone CD's but I'm not sure which ones or where exactly you can get it. sweatdrop
Maybe type in "Comic Tones?" Or "Manga Tones" in google and you might find something?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:10 am
Moonlight_HuangHou
Also, for comic tones I think you can find them online or check out books in big bookstores. I think some books might just come with Background Tone CD's but I'm not sure which ones or where exactly you can get it. sweatdrop
Maybe type in "Comic Tones?" Or "Manga Tones" in google and you might find something?

You can buy tones and backgrounds and stuff at art stores. I see them in the Blick that I go to sometimes. I'm sure you can order them off the internet too. I'm also sure you can pirate those background tone CDs from somewhere. I've just never looked.

I almost got a pack of manga toning markers the other day but they were $15 and I had other things to buy with that fifteen dollars so I didn't.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:49 am
If you want to do 'em digitally (which is cheaper), deviantart does a load in it's resources section of the galery for free download  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:42 am
Cool Thanks for the replys I know where to find some now Thanks evrey one. mrgreen  

Andy _1134

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:07 pm
good luck! 3nodding  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff