Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
2000 posts! (and a promise to bring back the Wifi Game)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:23 am
Three words: The Wifi Game. Yep, I decided I'm going to bring it back.

For those of you who don't remember what it was or weren't around that long ago, The Wifi Game is basically a roleplay where battles are fought using DP wifi, rather than roleplaying them. It was quite an epic idea, but it tanked when nobody wanted to deal with it anymore.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:47 am
That sounds like fun, not to mention that it should make nitnit rather please. Let me know if there's some way in which I can be of assistance. 3nodding  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:41 am
Well, it'd be nice to have an empty forum and crew powers, but I can understand if you want to see a sample of my work before granting those.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:10 pm
Well, we'll see how far this gets. My only concern is the fact that so few of us seriously play pokemon anymore, perhaps a multi-game 'wifi' game or something? Still, if we are able to go recruit new pokemon players, and get the veterans here to dust off their copies, this could be great.

PERMISSION GRANTED.

Go take whatever "reserved" subforum you want.  

nitnit
Captain

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:31 pm
Alright, I'll start the planning and rules generation as soon as possible... ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:42 pm
Not this! Actually, what is this again?  

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:14 am
dracokagebuyo
Not this! Actually, what is this again?
Quoting the first post:

For those of you who don't remember what it was or weren't around that long ago, The Wifi Game is basically a roleplay where battles are fought using DP wifi, rather than roleplaying them. It was quite an epic idea, but it tanked when nobody wanted to deal with it anymore.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:39 pm
Anyways, assuming you are actually working on this, how do you plan on getting the pokemon player base here to dust off their games and jump in? Also, you are aware that has become a rather small number.

IDEAS!:

- Send out PMs to all former pokemon players
- Recruit new pokemon players
- Make the game span out across multiple online games  

nitnit
Captain

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:56 pm
Then count me out since my DS mysteriously got "lost."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:30 pm
ninja Sounds good to me. I'll join in, if you can get it up and running.  

pathetic_negi_magician

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:07 pm
Well, there's always the option of Shoddy, for people who can't find their DS/Pokemon games.

Using multiple online games would be awesome, but it'd probably necessitate a crossover, and those usually aren't pretty, unless the things being crossed over go well together. Pokemon and Starcraft, for example, while the gameplay would be epic, the roleplaying environment would be self-contradictory and unstable. Nevertheless, I'll put my mind to this and see what I come up with.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games