Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 2
aw, man

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
my bf had to reinstall windows, so I lost all my sims stuff. I don't mind too much about my saves (though it does admittedly suck) or about my downloads (I can redownload it). I just can't find all the expanions. >_< how frustrating! I'm installing the ones I can find (Freetime, Seasons and Pets with Teen Style stuff and Family Fun Stuff stuff packs) but man, I want the others too. If I can't find them soon, I am seriously debating buying them again when I get paid next month. gonk I am just that addicted. Anyone here as addicted as me? Or am I the only one willing to buy expanions again? redface

Edit: It gets worse: my code for Family Fun Stuff doesn't work, and I can't find the one for Seasons. crying Man, I'm gonna cry...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:00 am
):

That really sucks.
I try to keep all of my expansions somewhat in the same place .

So far the only game I've lost is SimCity4 crying

I'm kind of worried about losing my Sims 2 game disk.
The original CD case broke and I haven't gotten around to buy another one n___n
I have the Holiday edition, but it's like 4 disks to install instead of 1.

I kind of miss when they used to put the codes on the back of the boxes.
Since they have the nice plastic ones they should imprint the code somehow inside the box.  

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:33 pm
I don't think I'm as addicted as you. But then I hope I never lose any of my discs. They are all still in their boxes with the 'manuals' and are all stacked together under my bed.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:53 am
I probably would buy any EP that I lost... hopefully that never happens.

But I have tons of shelves on my computer desk, one shelf has all of my Sims games neatly stacked. sweatdrop  

Chef Tine

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:12 am
I found Open For Business and the code! *cheers* But I still can't get Pets to run, stupid computer won't read the disk. O_o 'Tis weird, but whatever. I still plan to buy the other EPs once the first rolls around and I get paid.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:12 pm
Well, I doubt if I am as addicted as you. I have lots of Sims games. I have Sims, Sims bustin out, simcity4, sims 2, sims 2 pets. If my copy of Sims or sims bustin out breaks, big deal... but if my copy of sims 2 or sims 2 pets breaks, I would consider buying it back. I probably would LOL. In a way Sims is like therapy. If you get mad just turn it on, create a sim that looks like your enemy and TORTURE THAT SIM!!!! twisted I'm telling you it works! It is super fun too!  

Blueman1027

candie the pirate thief

3,400 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:41 am
when I moved to England I put all my sims stories disk in a giant cd holder along with some sims ones and just threw the booklets in that much easier than having all those cases.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:31 pm
★

I wrote all my game codes on a paper, plus I stacked all my cases with the discs and manuals on a shelf. Acck, I need to copy all my CC and paste it to my back up files! I'm a overprotective parent. gonk

Madly questing for a Coco. Any donations would be loved

Happy Tragedy

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:39 am
I actually had everything organized and everything, 'til my bf decided to clean. gonk he just randomly threw stuff on the shelves, and now most of it is missing. I was able to find Uni though and it works, that made me happy.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:52 pm
yeah, i lost all my discs except apartment life and celebration! stuff. i don't remember throwing them away, but i haven't the faintest idea of where i put them. rofl

as for the code, uh.. can't you just use any code? i lost my booklet for apartment life and googled for one, and it worked redface  

Demon Days

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:39 am
I tried that with my copy of Seasons since I have the disks but not the code, and it worked. hurray! but I still had to rebuy Pet's today as my disks don't work sad I even had the code for that one too, which ticked me off. But once it's done installing, thats one less EP I have to get/find. Yay!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:02 pm
woooh! biggrin

yeah, I'm starting to look for more EPs too. My sims 3 isn't compatible so I might return it and buy an EP or two. n_n  

Demon Days

Vilified

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:50 am
I lost University a long time ago, and I just never bought it because I could never find it in stores. Then I saw that they had come out with Sim 2 University Life Collection, which comes with Ikea stuff and Teen Style Stuff AND University just for like $20. I'm so souped, I ordered it on saturday, I can't wait until it comes. x3

The Sims 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games