Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:14 pm
I'm looking to get rid of a box of .223 I bought back on Ammo Day. I bought a box of 40 rounds, 45 grain JHP. I've since discovered (without firing any) that 44gr JHP + 1/7 rifling twist = FAIL. They need a 1/12 twist. Sooo... I'm looking to sell or trade a box of 40 Winchester JHP rounds in .223. Anyone know where I could get rid of them? It's a pity eBay doesn't allow ammo sales.

On a slightly related note, where do you guys buy your ammo from? I'm just curious to know, because I don't buy a lot of ammo in anything but .22, and I get that at Wal-Mart... but not any more, the bastards.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:37 am
talk around the range... i'm sure someone there will be interested.

secondly. I buy where ever its cheapest... and even then... out of convenience. There's a turners down the street. but i hate them... wal mart, which is always out of ammo everytime i go. not sure if thats a ordering problem, or just i'm that unlucky. Bass pro shops up the freeway a bit. but i like them about as much as turners. friend of mine has a local contact he gets his ammo thru. might have to make a phone call for ordering mine.

same friend is going to budget getting a reloader set up. i told him i'd invest into that if he got around to it. he's interested in his 45 LC and 357 ammo. i just want 9mm for the time being... 12 ga for when i get one.. (soon, my precious)  

Crash Maniac

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:20 am
Crash Maniac
talk around the range... i'm sure someone there will be interested.

secondly. I buy where ever its cheapest... and even then... out of convenience. There's a turners down the street. but i hate them... wal mart, which is always out of ammo everytime i go. not sure if thats a ordering problem, or just i'm that unlucky. Bass pro shops up the freeway a bit. but i like them about as much as turners. friend of mine has a local contact he gets his ammo thru. might have to make a phone call for ordering mine.

same friend is going to budget getting a reloader set up. i told him i'd invest into that if he got around to it. he's interested in his 45 LC and 357 ammo. i just want 9mm for the time being... 12 ga for when i get one.. (soon, my precious)
Unfortunately, with the range I go to, if it's not a Berger in 6.5-284, they don't give a s**t. Some of the old-timers shoot .308, but there's only a handful of .223 shooters there and they want precision, not expansion, and they wouldn't touch something as light as 45 grains. 62 or more.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:27 pm
sorry about your luck man... that sucks.

On this topic... i went down to look at ammo. cause after some thought i'm determined to buy at least a box every pay check.

no one, absolutely no one has 9mm. its gone. Turners, Wal Mart, Big 5.... gone. i have a request in for ammo, should get it Thursday  

Crash Maniac

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:27 pm
Crash Maniac
sorry about your luck man... that sucks.

On this topic... i went down to look at ammo. cause after some thought i'm determined to buy at least a box every pay check.

no one, absolutely no one has 9mm. its gone. Turners, Wal Mart, Big 5.... gone. i have a request in for ammo, should get it Thursday

Do you know why it's all gone?

BLAME THE GLOCKS AND BERETTAS!

That's right, blame Austria and Italy for making a pretty good handgun in a pretty popular caliber.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:53 pm
I have 9mm.
A bit less than 100 rounds, even if that isn't that much.  

uryu ishida

Hans Reiker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:39 am
Where I live, I buy ammo at a little shop that specializes in military surplus ammunition. It's owned by a husband and wife and they have any type of ammo you need, haha.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:42 pm
The gunshop.
ammotogo.com

Both are pissing ammo, just NOT IN THE CALIBERS I NEED!

Cabelas has .30CAR.... BUT they don't sell it at any amount less than 250 rounds, and for their price, I could get a bit more on Gunbroker (not counting shipping on EITHER)  

uryu ishida

Buying and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff