Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
old, useless... yes i'm still gonna complain.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:08 am
i know that its not just me that has a stroke when i see s**t like this.. but everytime i see it, regardless of when it was said, who said it... and why... it just pisses me off, makes me want to punch infants. (its a dane cook thing)

"It was Robyn Anderson who helped purchase the two shotguns and the rifle that were used in the assault. She acted as a middleman in a "straw sale" to purchase the guns for them since Dylan and Eric were not 18 at the time (the legal age to purchase a firearm in Colorado) and she was. Shortly before the purchase, the owner of Dragon Arms gun shop in Littleton reported that five teen-agers tried to purchase an M-60 machine gun and a silencer-equipped assault pistol in early March. The five appeared on a store surveillance videoptape that was turned over to police but it hasn't been made known if any of the teens was Dylan or Eric.
"

M-60, Silencer-Equipped assault pistol...wha? Where? and how can i get one?

i stumbed on by searching "gunshot wounds" I'm weird...
http://www.breakfornews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1993  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:45 am
Media, "Misinformation with firearms is good to do because it makes them look bad."  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:09 am
"M60 Machine Gun" can actually also be a Yugo AK-47, if you use the terms "machine gun" and "assault rifle" interchangeably, and use the term "assault rifle" to mean "military-style rifle". So if they tried to buy a Yugo AK clone, the media might not be too far off base there... compared to where they normally are.

As for an assault pistol, while they do exist (if you'd consider something like the Beretta 93 or the Glock 18 an assault pistol, that is), I doubt they're easy to get and probably impossible to silence. But... with the s**t they did at Columbine, they had absolutely no NEED for a silencer.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:44 pm
Fresnel
"M60 Machine Gun" can actually also be a Yugo AK-47, if you use the terms "machine gun" and "assault rifle" interchangeably, and use the term "assault rifle" to mean "military-style rifle". So if they tried to buy a Yugo AK clone, the media might not be too far off base there... compared to where they normally are.

As for an assault pistol, while they do exist (if you'd consider something like the Beretta 93 or the Glock 18 an assault pistol, that is), I doubt they're easy to get and probably impossible to silence. But... with the s**t they did at Columbine, they had absolutely no NEED for a silencer.

Most silencers ******** up the semi-auto or full auto capabilities of firearms because of how the silencer works.

I don't get why they're so hard to get, they don't do what ******** hollywood says they do. Just muffles the shot to the sound of a car door slamming. Not a 'omfg I can't here -tewt tewt pew pew pew-"

They'd need to be hand cycled, that is unless the springs are redone.
But then wouldn't gas escape out of the action and cause a lot of noise?

IMO;
Only good 'suppressed' weapon was the Nagant Revolver with the Bramit device and better still the OTs-38, better because it's a much faster reload.  

OberFeldwebel

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:39 pm
Well the "and a" thing means they were trying to purchase two separate weapons rather than all those hot button words put together in one weapon.

Actually it would have been interesting to see how Columbine would have panned out if they had the M60.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:22 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Well the "and a" thing means they were trying to purchase two separate weapons rather than all those hot button words put together in one weapon.

Actually it would have been interesting to see how Columbine would have panned out if they had the M60.

How the shooting would have went or the frenzy afterward?

I can't even imagine the frenzy.
Probably would have been a permaban on assault weapons and or a permaban on Class III weapons.  

OberFeldwebel

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:24 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Most silencers ******** up the semi-auto or full auto capabilities of firearms because of how the silencer works.

I don't get why they're so hard to get, they don't do what ******** hollywood says they do. Just muffles the shot to the sound of a car door slamming. Not a 'omfg I can't here -tewt tewt pew pew pew-"

They'd need to be hand cycled, that is unless the springs are redone.
But then wouldn't gas escape out of the action and cause a lot of noise?

IMO;
Only good 'suppressed' weapon was the Nagant Revolver with the Bramit device and better still the OTs-38, better because it's a much faster reload.
Funnily enough....
In the UK, they actually aren't heavily controlled, and are considered BEING COURTEOUS. They are actually noise pollution reduction devices. They were originally marketed as such here, as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:08 pm
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel

Probably would have been a permaban on assault weapons and or a permaban on Class III weapons.
The shooting itself. Those guys weren't total idiots. They would have known a belt fed machinegun would work nicely for spraying people as they try to evac.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:58 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel

The shooting itself. Those guys weren't total idiots. They would have known a belt fed machinegun would work nicely for spraying people as they try to evac.
But seriously, where can you buy a belt of 7.62 these days?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:14 am
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel

That is if the M60 was actually functioning or even in full auto.

You can find the links I would imagine, sportsmans sells the machine that makes loading the belts easier.

Also, surplus .50 from the Frenchies come in 5 round links.
Oops 4 I mean.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=442777

Here's... 100 rounds for...
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=465899

... crying

Well, good thing I don't have a Ma Deuce.  

OberFeldwebel

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:04 pm
for some reason, I think I remember there being an SMG designated the m/60  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:24 pm
Can I has M60 Plz?

rolleyes  

Anima_Raptor

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:20 pm
Sgt Buckner
for some reason, I think I remember there being an SMG designated the m/60
That was probably the Tec 9 they used.

Fresnel: I imagine alternative scenarios based on half a** "plausible" reality rather than cold hard fact.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games