Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Witchcraft and naming one's spiritual path Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vanya Karamazov

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:15 pm
Personally? No, but I am not a Wiccan or really any of the 'mainstream' pagans, nor do I practice witchcraft. I'm a chaos magician who practices chaos magick, a manipulation of the astral with the understanding that the fundamental principle behind both our own realm and the astral realms are grounded in primordial, beautiful chaos. To me, chaos magick is different from witchcraft: there is a much heavier influence of ceremonial magick and candle magick, and less of herbal or stone work. There can be debate on this, of course, but since the ideology behind the two practices is different, the two should not be equated.

In general, I don't necessarily equate the concept "witchcraft" with the concept "religion", because I see witchcraft as being a part of the whole. Religion, after all, encompasses many differnet constructs, among them views of the afterlife, concepts of divinity, ethical and moral systems, etc. Witchcraft by definition does not do any of these things, but rather is a practice, a way in which to live religion. Witchcraft is certainly a part of some religions, but should not be directly equated with the religion as a whole.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:52 pm
I'm still me...
But I am just a Pagan, really I don't like defining myself outside that because there's so much to cover..  

ChaosPariah

Unbeatable Phantom

10,075 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Survivor 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games