Reply Art / Writing show and exchange!
Artists?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hazzwolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:38 pm
Since nobody reads the art/writing forum, I'm asking this here out of desperation. Does anyone do furry art for gold any more? I have almost 600,000 and my friend ShadowsSweetEmbrace has a million, both of us want to get rid of our gold but it seems like nobody is taking it these days.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:47 pm
You can always give it away ;D

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:59 pm
[-Erik-]
You can always give it away ;D

I second this. X3

Seriously, though, I personally don't know of any artists who both A) take gold, and B) are willing to draw anthro characters. ::shrugs:: Doesn't mean there aren't any, just means I can't direct you to them. Sorry. X3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:02 am
I'd draw it, but the best, and I do mean very best, you'd get from me is some inked down lining.  

Celestial Fox Frenzi

Kurick-teh-dude

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:51 am
I draw it, I've had some epic fails and some epic wins while drawing it though, One of my favorite of my epic wins at anthro drawing is kept in my wallet, I laminated it. As for drawing the stuff for people...Im not to big on it...Who am I to depict you? Hell, out of boredom I might do it, but it'll never be put on the internet, im kind of shy about my anthro art, ripping most of them up after drawing them. It was ULTRA MEGA hard for me to draw anthro let alone humans, what I did was print out a picture of a man, and traced it, I printed out several and traced them all, then I began to try and draw the stuff I traced on a seperate sheet of paper. The point of tracing for me is to know how it feels to draw it, if I trace a circle over and over again, i'll get used to the motion of drawing a circle, and when I draw a circle on my own, I would have gotten used to the motion and made a perfect circle. Drawing bodies on my own took me weeks and learning how to draw anthro and human faces/heads took me two months.

I suggest you try drawing, I know its a pain in the butt at first and I know the saying "try and try again," is lame but its true.

(BESIDES I INSTALLED MY SCANNER WRONG SO I CANT REINSTALL IT OR SCAN PICTURES)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:13 pm
They're out there, you just have to peruse the Art Shop forum until you finally find 'em! I draw anthro, although my art is not particularly good, and I have a few friends who might be willing to take commissions (Samiji, Vulbreeon, and RavingSpazz).

I've gotten anthro art from pach_work, 0ctiZombie, xx____iiN TH3 BACK R00M, and Saraphiel. I particularly recommend pach_work and Saraphiel!

You can see reference of all their work in the thread advertised in my signature.  

Opossumbly

Undead Elder

Shadows sweet embrace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:00 pm
Opossumbly
They're out there, you just have to peruse the Art Shop forum until you finally find 'em! I draw anthro, although my art is not particularly good, and I have a few friends who might be willing to take commissions (Samiji, Vulbreeon, and RavingSpazz).

I've gotten anthro art from pach_work, 0ctiZombie, xx____iiN TH3 BACK R00M, and Saraphiel. I particularly recommend pach_work and Saraphiel!

You can see reference of all their work in the thread advertised in my signature.

I've spoken with Samiji on FA, she doesn't do art for gold anymore, however I do love her art. <3  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:36 pm
I draw here are examples:

User Image

User Image  

Familliar

Fashionable Gaian

1,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:09 pm
Shouldn't this be in the art forum since you are asking for art?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:04 pm
Kurick-teh-dude

I suggest you try drawing, I know its a pain in the butt at first and I know the saying "try and try again," is lame but its true.

I do draw. Are you saying someone who is an artist can't ever want art from other people? I like seeing my characters in different styles.

Kakarotto-san

Shouldn't this be in the art forum since you are asking for art?

As it says in my first post, I made a thread like this months ago in the art forum and got no replies, because this guild is dead and nobody even reads the art forum any more. It's really pretty sad...

Anyway, Opossumbly, I know you said your art is bad but I contacted you anyway, and also most of the other artists you mentioned.

I have also contacted Celestial Fox Frenzi, because inked linework is fine, I don't only ask for full colored pictures.

Familliar, I also contacted you.

If only half these people actually follow through I'll be happy... but this is Gaia. Sorry if I sound bitter but I've really been having terrible luck with commissioning people here. They say they'll do art but then disappear from the site... fortunately usually before taking my gold, but not always. sad  

hazzwolf

aBlackPie

Magical Pumpkin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:57 pm
I draw furry art for gold smile
I want so many pixels on gaia ;-;

Shadows sweet embrace brought some stuff from me.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:16 pm
I would take 100k-200k off your friend's hands biggrin

...or an ancient katana or grey body dye.....

Heh, but I feel your pain and then some. It's hard to find good artists on gaia, and some of them charge like 1m in gold just for a really good picture! All I have is 150k. That puts me out of the reach of some good artists, and means I can only buy 1 piece of art from other artists.  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Crazy-lil-Angel-in-love

5,000 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:07 pm
im okat it... i do need practice. >> bbut i dont charge as much as the others.... its not in mey nature to do that when its something i love to do!!!  
Art / Writing show and exchange!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games