Those were the days of our lives
  the bad things in life were so few
  those days are all gone now but one thing's still true
  when I look and I find I still love you
View Results

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:30 pm
I went rooting around my old photobucket form when I was maybe 14 or 15 years old and found a little treasure trove of my old art. It got me reminissing about what I was like back then - It's weird how much you change and yet stay the same haha

Here's my old art: http://dragontamer363.deviantart.com/art/Nostalgia-My-old-Art-117826926

A lot of it makes me cringe, but I still love some pieces as much as I did when I first drew 'em, depsite having moved on skill wise (i hope at least! XD)
Actually...I wonde rhow much better I am now? I think i've improved, but some people might not think it much of an improvement for 5 years! lol

Ah well. It also reminded me of an old novel I tried to do and failed, and old characters.

Do you have any old art, writing, diaries or items that spark of your nostalgia?
do you think you've changed much over time?

p.s =- a cookie for the person who knows where the poll lyrics are from  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:45 pm
I love finding/looking through my old things. It makes me feel like I've improved though I typically don't see it right then and there. ^_^
I find it most pleasing when I was looking through a CD and happen to find some old artwork that i did on Photoshop and saved onto it when I was cleaning up the computer long ago. It's fun to look back and see them. Sometimes even...i like them more than I did then to be honest.
sweatdrop  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:24 pm
Well, considering I'm 14 right now, and I only drew seriously starting at the age of 13, I'm pretty sure I'm not much better than I used to be.
What I mean by 'I only drew seriously' is, back in elementary school me and my friends would pass a paper back and forth, drawing random funny things, such as dumb looking people with funny faces, writing random stuff, and drawing small funny comics.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:49 pm
The oldest stuff I have on my computer is two years old. I can go rifle through my monster box of old art and find some truly horrifying stuff though. rofl
Both these pictures are from May, 2007.
User ImageUser Image

I think it's fun going through old stuff though because if you look you can see hints of your current style.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:14 pm
I like seeing everyone's different style of drawing; it's fun to compare their style to yours.
Here's a picture I drew when I was thirteen.
User Image

Nah... I'm just kiddin'. I wish I could draw this good...
I would upload some pics, but... my scanner sucks and makes images way too big when I scan them, so they'll look horrible. I use my webcam sometimes, it still looks crappy, but does look better.
Sorry, peeps.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff