Submit

wowza...
  O.O
View Results

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:30 pm
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=39207

I found this about how disney seems to reycle the same animation footage over and over. I find it fascinating - it matches right up!
eg the Robin Hood scenes are practically traced off a mix of Jungle book and Snow white etc

quite entertaining. makes you think -lol  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:00 am
Yeah, back in the day, creating new animations would cost a fortune, so they had to reuse ones they're already made. Most people that know about the animation recycling think it's laziness. It all just had to do with money. Not like they need to worry about it now, being the multi-billion corporation they are.

Now I've seen cases of some companies completely ripping off animations from others. Naruto apparently stole an entire fight scene from Cowboy Bebop. Check it out here.

Flyentologist

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:05 am
Oooh!!! I saw that cowboy bebop and Naruto one! They're not owned by the same companies (or created) right? So isn't that not allowed?

I never knew that disney did that actually! I have to check that site out!! XD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:13 am
Yeah, the artists for CB and Naruto are two different people.

Disney can legally do it since it's their own productions. It's like how Microsoft can break their own rules regarding Xbox Live stuff.

Oh, here's another on-topic thing you guys might find interesting. Ever see Power Rangers? You know how there's so many other shows like it, and how they all seem to have the same general moves and choreography? Turns out that there's a company in Japan that sells fight scene choreography. They film a sample of a fight scene, and then sell it to other companies for their shows, like Power Rangers. Oh, and Power Rangers is really based off of some Japanese show. Plot's the same, characters are the same.

Flyentologist

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:23 am
Wow, that's fascinating.

gaaw I remember te origional 90's power rangers. It was awesome. Before they started fannying around turning them into ninjas and god knows what.

all hail the Green-->silver power ranger! scream
lol

Does anyone remeber the songs they had? as a little kid I had the Cd :3  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:03 pm
lol The first power rangers was plain amazing!! You could always find power ranger things in the store from action figures to movies and even towels. XD
I liked a few but I think my fav was the red and black and for the girls it was the pink ranger.

I always thought power rangers started in the US. Wow that's news to me actually! The sure got bad after they made then dino rangers...ninjas....and...aliens? or something?

A place that sells scene choreography... why would a company take a risk and use that if it doesn't belong to them? *shakes head* If it was for a personal thing then I would say it's OK but since it's something they will air and make huge money off of....

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:50 pm
That was definitely interesting.

It makes sense though because when they made those movies they weren't using computer that much yet so reusing animation sequences would make producing animated movies much easier.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:55 pm
haha.. yeah Power rangers.. I remember I was a fan of the Power Rangers even before there came out different power rangers.. beast, ninjas etc..

anyhow Naruto copied Cowboy Bebop?! Dang.. sweatdrop  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

RainbowIrisGuide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:11 am
Wow! Lots more random info to add to my brain!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:02 am
Another Mighty Morphin Power Rangers fact....

In the American version.....why didn't the yellow ranger have a skirt on her uniform like pink?

Because in Japan the yellow ranger was a man!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zyurangers  

0Moon_Maiden0

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces