Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angelheart1700

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:27 pm
I'm currently trying to draw some of the Twilight characters. Although I was never a first rate artist, I managed to actually get my drawing to look like Bella.

Then I ran into a problem. I don't have the slightest idea on how to draw boys. Can anyone give me some advice?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:10 am
Boys have a broad chest and more defined shoulders with normally thick eyebrows, barely any lashes, and usually a wide or narrow jaw.  

La Beaute

Aradia Helevorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:56 pm
oh trust me, i've had very similar issues. i've always been much better at drawing girls than guys but here are a few tips that should help.

1. broader shoulders to a strait or narrow waist (narrow is for more defined guys in good shape. Similar to the shape of a triangle from shoulder to hips.

2. when it comes to the face a more square jaw looks better for guys, the more narrow you make it the more feminine it will look.

3.for eyes, they're not usually as wide open, eyebrows thicker bending at ends instead of the usual arch of women and very fine lashes. don't want them to look like they're wearing make up.

4. also another thing that makes a HUGE difference... lips. men's lips are usually thinner and wider with a less befined line around them. only time a male should have defined lips is if they're extreemely young or (for what ever reason) is wearing make up.

5. men usually have larger noses than woman too. have you ever heard of a man having a button nose? i doubt it.

6. guys also have a longer torso than women usually with no curve under the ribs. only curve or change of shape should be from shoulders to hips and maybe a little from hips to legs, depending on how muscular they are or cloths.

hopefully these help. i have a few drawings of my own under that topic section if you'd like a look. i'm not proud of that edward on there (it was before i got to work on these techniques) but my jacob is pretty good i think.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games