Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:27 pm
Cetme's can take G3 mags.. right?

i present the following.

http://www.buymilsurp.com/hk-g3-20rd-magazines-qty-10-p-40055.html  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:34 pm
Christ almighty. How come there's never a deal like this on halfway decent AR mags?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:04 pm
Fresnel
Christ almighty. How come there's never a deal like this on halfway decent AR mags?

Agreed.

I somehow buy rifles and handguns with the most expensive magazines.
stare

Tokarev and M1 Carbine excluded.

Speaking of magazines, one of the magazines for my Tokarev wasn't working so I went to trouble shoot what was giving me the problem; the spring, follower or, god forbid, the actual mag body itself.

I tried the spring and then the follower in my other magazine and it worked fine. I almost cried...
Then I tried the follower and the spring from my other magazine in the mag body and...
IT WORKED PERFECTLY!
Yay!
Three working magazines.
... I looked on JG sales, they have quantities of +2 for 13.95 each or 14.95 for just one mag.
If I had a job I'd buy a grip of them to bulk up.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:59 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Agreed.

stare

Speaking of magazines, one of the magazines for my Tokarev wasn't working so I went to trouble shoot what was giving me the problem; the spring, follower or, god forbid, the actual mag body itself.

I tried the spring and then the follower in my other magazine and it worked fine. I almost cried...
Then I tried the follower and the spring from my other magazine in the mag body and...
IT WORKED PERFECTLY!
Yay!
Three working magazines.
... I looked on JG sales, they have quantities of +2 for 13.95 each or 14.95 for just one mag.
I've never looked at prices for a clip or magazine for the SMLE, but the other two guns I have are the AR and the Mossberg. I mean... s**t. $30 for a single good mag for both.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Inquisitor Brock

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:35 am
SMLEs are around 30.

And some Cetmes will take G3s, others won't.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:42 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Agreed.

stare

IT WORKED PERFECTLY!
Yay!
Three working magazines.
I've never looked at prices for a clip or magazine for the SMLE, but the other two guns I have are the AR and the Mossberg. I mean... s**t. $30 for a single good mag for both.

Mossberg m44? I've seen mags go for $40+

Reproduction Walther P1/P38 mags are $20-30,
S&W Model 39 (stainless with plastic follower) $30.49
1911 Mags anywhere from $16.99 to up.

It sucks, my 8 rnd mag for the 1911 is cracked.
Doesn't seem to flex on the crack at all but still, it's a bit worrisome.

Never really looked at SMLE mags before. Just didn't find them to be very removable. smile

Might be cheaper to buy the stripper clips.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:58 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Agreed.

stare

IT WORKED PERFECTLY!
Yay!
Three working magazines.

Never really looked at SMLE mags before. Just didn't find them to be very removable. smile

My SMLE drops mags fairly easily, but you do have to reposition your hands. I should buy a pack of clips some day though. I only have ten, and half of those look like they got stepped on and I don't trust them.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:29 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Agreed.

stare

IT WORKED PERFECTLY!
Yay!
Three working magazines.

My SMLE drops mags fairly easily, but you do have to reposition your hands. I should buy a pack of clips some day though. I only have ten, and half of those look like they got stepped on and I don't trust them.

I was looking for some.
One place has a 3 pk.
A 3 pack of 5 round stripper clips for a 10 round semi-fixed box mag.
Yeah.

Check it out!

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=.303+stripper+clips&_sacat=See-All-Categories

The 20 pack from Australia looks like a good buy mate.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-x-Enfield-303-5rd-Stripper-Clips-and-Bandolier_W0QQitemZ370184386547QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_15?hash=item370184386547&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1326|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

ooo bandolier AND clips... nice.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:00 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Agreed.

stare

IT WORKED PERFECTLY!
Yay!
Three working magazines.

I was looking for some.
One place has a 3 pk.
Yeah.

Check it out!

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=.303+stripper+clips&_sacat=See-All-Categories

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-x-Enfield-303-5rd-Stripper-Clips-and-Bandolier_W0QQitemZ370184386547QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_15?hash=item370184386547&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1326|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

So it's about a buck a clip? That's not too bad. I already have a bandolier, but I guess having two wouldn't be a bad thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:07 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

I was looking for some.
One place has a 3 pk.
Yeah.

Check it out!

So it's about a buck a clip? That's not too bad. I already have a bandolier, but I guess having two wouldn't be a bad thing.

Nah it wouldn't.
But, you'd have two bandoliers that fit ten and 10 and some odd clips.
:/

That is a good deal but...
I don't think I could get it.
No money. sad  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:28 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

I was looking for some.
One place has a 3 pk.
Yeah.

Check it out!

Nah it wouldn't.

No money. sad
Yeah, same here. Maybe soon though?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:09 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

I was looking for some.
One place has a 3 pk.
Yeah.

Check it out!

Nah it wouldn't.

No money. sad
Yeah, same here. Maybe soon though?

Yeah, might be a bit farther off for me.
The arrival of my Carbine set it off drastically.
I spent a little bit of the money to pay for the SKS.

So really, it is 'bye-bye Yugo'.  

OberFeldwebel

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces