Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Eraserhead

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:40 pm
Now for a brief interlude from the world of gaming and the internet - has anyone ever seen the film "Eraserhead" ?

It's an odd 1977 cult classic, David Lynch's first film. The movie is intentionally black and white, and filmed on a very low budget (about 20k dollars), but manages to be the only film that actually disturbs me.

If you're into the strange, watch this one when you're alone and you can concentrate.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:48 am
Can you even rent it anymore? Or do you have to buy it in some shady alley-way where you are likely to get shanked?  

Raijin36

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:48 pm
For a while it was really hard to get ahold of, but the director recently (like 5 years ago) personally remastered (made it less fuzzy) and rereleased it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:47 pm
Im definately going to look for it I love a good disturbing movie once in awhile ninja  

Raijin36

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:11 pm
Like I said, you should be alone and able to concentrate while watching it. If you're watching it and joking with friends it won't really have much of an effect. The first 20 minutes are pretty slow, but by the time you're halfway through it picks up and gets pretty crazy.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:02 pm
nitnit
Like I said, you should be alone and able to concentrate while watching it. If you're watching it and joking with friends it won't really have much of an effect. The first 20 minutes are pretty slow, but by the time you're halfway through it picks up and gets pretty crazy.

I usually watch movies alone unless im at the theater because other people are so distracting somtimes...  

Raijin36

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff