Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hey
  hi!
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:05 am
Wow...Animal crossing actually sounds like fun. I would've liked the decorating your house part. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:05 am
Psh... who doesn't like Animal Crossing? rolleyes
Even my mom plays. I got bored after a while, though... since I have millions of bells (the currency in Animal Crossing), and I have every type of furniture just about.

Moonlight, you also have to pay off the debt for your house, and the more you pay off it the bigger it gets. It sucks at first, but it pays off. smile  

Death Shikaku

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:17 pm
I've been in an Animal Crossing kick this week actually. I've already become bored though, it just lasted long enough for me to weed my entire town.

I loved Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life and Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town.
I've lost interest in A Wonderful Life since I lost my data which was in year two or three and I did not want to start all over again.
And a friend has been borrowing Friends of Mineral Town for a long time and I've yet to get it back.

I hated Magical Melody though. I just thought it was much too complicated.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:43 am
Guess what Death?! I just found out that there's a new Animal Crossing out for the wii actually!! I think I might try it out but only after I get a little tired of my current Rune Factory game. Animal Crossing sounds like fun! It also said you can have up to 1-4 players?! Talk about awesome!! Finally a two player game!!!!

@Zizzy
I heard the newer Harvest Moons also allow you to be a girl/boy. That's good. ^_^ Too bad Rune Factory doesn't let you choose. whee

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Flyentologist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:54 am
Never played any of the games. When I was younger, I believe I wanted one. Don't remember which though.

This reminds me of one game I REALLY wanted. I don't remember the name, or any character names. But it was one of those sort of games. Dungeons had springs that healed you...your weapons could break over time...they made a sequel...that's all I remember.

Edit: Oh, you hear about the Harvest Moon MMORPG?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:28 pm
I'm not sure what game that is..but it sounds kinda familiar to be honest. ^^"

MMORPG?! I never heard of that yet! Wow! I would try it definantly. Do you know when it'll come out?
By the way Goldman! Are you a Tekken fan by any chance? I was checking out future releases and found out that the next Tekken will also come out the x-box 360!!!

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:52 am
Edit: Oh, you hear about the Harvest Moon MMORPG?

Really? That'd be kinda tough to do, though, wouldn't it???  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:57 am
There is a new animal crossing for the wii.
It's called Animal Crossing: City Folk

This game has two different areas now. One is your town, which is randomly generated every time you start a new game, and then there is the city, which looks and has the same things each time.
The city allows you to get new haircuts each day in a multitude of colours, (and you can even make a Mii mask and walk around as one of the Miis.) there's a store specifically for Gracie fashion and furniture, with them changing it every four months. (It's the same four over and over, and they're not cheap.) There's Redd's store again, which is the only place to buy paintings, an auction house, and a theatre where you can learn new emotions.  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:00 am
And, um, Moonlight?
It's true you can have up to four players together at once, but you either have to be connected through Wi-Fi or you transfer you data to your DS, and go visit a friend and use their Wii to play.
There's also another bonus: for those of you who play the game on DS, you can transfer you character over to the Wii. You won't have any money, and the clothes you wear will probably be different, but everything in your catalouge will still be there, and you can buy it all at the very beginning. (minus most of the special event items you get on the little version.)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:06 am
Hm... I have too much free time, lessee...
For those who don't know much about the game, not only can you redecorate your house, you can fish and catch bugs, which you can then sell, place in your house, or donate them to their local museum to let the whole world to see. There's a tailor shop that sells cheaper clothes and accessories everyday. You can create your own custom clothing either by going to your design menu, or you can pay one of the sisters to let you make a Pro design, which allows you to customize the front, back, and both arms as differently as you want. (you can't using just your design menu.) There's also fossils to dig up, music every saturday night, which you can then play back in your own personal stereo... you can create your own constellations and use a slingshot... and you can grow hybrid flowers. And you also get to change your town flag, theme song (which you hear every time you talk to someone), and donate to the local charities.  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:13 am
Honestly, I prefer Harvest Moon over Animal Crossing. Animal Crossing you kinda have to play every day in order to get a good time out of it, and that tends to get to me after a couple of days. With Harvest Moon, I could skips months at a time and then get right back into it.

My favorite is still the one on Nintendo 64, because you can play a whole month in little more than an hour or two.

OH! I finally got Rune Factory Frontier! My mom is now completely obsessed with it, but, still...

Anyway, the characters that come from the original game are your main character, Raguna, and then six of the bachelorettes: Mist, Rosetta, Lara, Melody, Bianca, and Tabatha. I think Noland makes one appearance at the very end of Rune Factory DS, but I'm not sure if it's the same guy or not.
I think it's cool that your character actually wears the items he crafts in the Wii version. I've never seen that sort of thing on the others.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:28 am
Congrats on getting the new wii frontier game. It's sooo much fun isn't it? I got Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility over the weekend by the way! It's fun but I think I like frontier rune a bit better. The loading in Harvest Moon (for the wii) takes soooo long!!!! >_< (Well not very but it's not fast)

As for Animal Crossing. I have yet to get it. At first I thought they meant four players as in anyone even in the same room. But I'm not so excited b/c it is only multi-player over wi-fi. Why don't they make it multi for people in a single household? What a bummer!! As for Harvest Moon....it's multi player only on minigames that you can unlock. (yet another bummer)

I want more wii multi-player games (not online multi. But within your household multi-player. crying
PS: lol You must have been bored! Wow! Four posts in a row! hehe.

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:19 am
blaugh
I only get on everyso often, and usually I get done with everything pretty quick, so I've got plenty of time to spare...

Lemme go ahead and give you a spoiler about Harvest Moon: Tree of Trnaquility.

SPOILER:
It's not even a real cheat, but I'd thought I'd warn you ahead of time. The game claims that you can later on play as your kid, but it's a lie. Basically, it's like restarting a game, only you keep the money in your pockets, your tools levels are exactly the same, you play the same gender as your child, and you get letters from your "parents" everyso often. You have to pick another house, clear up everything again, and befriend everyone again. The child always grows up to look like the characters you play as.

SPOILER #2:
This one's a real spoiler. Though the kid always looks the same when you grow up, there's five different child types. Five for girls and five for boys. What they look like is based on who you're married to. Here's how it works:

Good Kid:
Girls marry: Gil, Jin
Boys Marry: Candace, Anissa

Whiny Kid:
Girls Marry: Chase, Calvin
Boys Marry: Luna, Selena

Happy Kid:
Girls Marry: Julius, Tobi
Boys Marry: Renee, Maya

Hyper Kid:
Girls Marry: Luke
Boys Marry: Katie

Artsy Kid:
Girls Marry: Owen
Boys Marry: Phoebe

Also... lesee... Luna, Selena and Katie never get married, unless you pick them. Neither does Owen, Luke, and Gil. Everyone else gets married.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:34 am
Harvest Moon tree of tranquility got me so excited when I first got it and then I was disappointed. It said 1-4 players in the back so I was thrilled. Then I found out it's ONLY MULTIPLAYER in the minigames which is an option in the begining of the start menu. And here I thought it was going to be main gameplay multiplayer!! T__T
And then animal crossing for the wii I hear is only multi-player online not with people in the same household. How disappointing!!

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:30 am
Moonlight_HuangHou
Harvest Moon tree of tranquility got me so excited when I first got it and then I was disappointed. It said 1-4 players in the back so I was thrilled. Then I found out it's ONLY MULTIPLAYER in the minigames which is an option in the begining of the start menu. And here I thought it was going to be main gameplay multiplayer!! T__T
And then animal crossing for the wii I hear is only multi-player online not with people in the same household. How disappointing!!

Right on both games. Does anyone ever get online using their Wii? (I know I don't) There's a few things that you can only get by going online, too for animal crossing... by befriending someone from another country, you can take part in festivals that don't occur in the US and recieve special items only from that country! Two festivals I know of are Boys Day and Girls day in Japan... I can't remember the other names.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff