Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Dragon Warrior Monsters

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:52 pm
This series of games is, in my opinion, the best RPG collection battle game other than pokemon.

Actually, I'd say in some aspects it's better than pokemon. Back when the first one came out on GBC pokemon was still in the R/B/Y stages, and DWM had it beaten pretty handedly in terms of complexity with its breeding system.

I never got to play the second one of GBC, but I recently found out that a third was released only in japan on the GBA, so I've acquired an english patch version - if I ever get around to playing it I'll let you guys know how it is.

So has anyone ever heard of / played this game series?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:09 am
I played the first one endlessly, trying to get all of the monsters. I remember that I got close, but not quite there. I think I was missing one of the uber boss monsters, and a few others.

The second didn't get me as hooked, probably because it was missing the randomly generated maps that made grinding in the first one for hours on end less repetitive. I guess it could be because it was also missing enemies that conveniently gave 22000 exp per kill, too.

I'd like to know how the third one plays. A full review would be pretty cool to see, if you have the time for it.  

darkslasherX
Crew

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:42 pm
Lately I've been trying to do almost every single little thing in Fallout 3 (proven by every achievement) so I can rightfully rip it to shreds without anyone saying "well you didn't explore the whole world".

I'm getting pretty close actually.

Expect a lot more random reviews that are in depth, my operation anchorage one was kind of fast since it was just for a DLC.

Jon and I are planning on possibly making some sort of website in the upcoming months since we'll be done with high school. The main catch is figuring out how to generate revenue from a site that reviews games and stuff.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:52 am
More reviews would be pretty nice. Maybe we'll (lol) actually have material for a newspaper again. Or not.

If it's cash you need, there's always ads.  

darkslasherX
Crew

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:51 pm
The problem with that however is generating the web traffic to gain the interest from ad companies.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:14 pm
I suggest cheating as a last-resort. But of course, last-resort isn't a letter, so you could always put it ahead of your plan A.  

pathetic_negi_magician

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:50 pm
Cheating by generating hits on the website?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:10 pm
For it's time, DWM rocked harder than most of the other games of it's time. Even now though it still ranks as one of my more favorite games to play again and again. Maybe I'll go back and post the team which I settled with here (as as far as things went, it hasn't been beaten yet even with Dark's grinding and breeding and the various ingame challanges/bosses).

Supposedly "Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker" for the DS was a DWM continuation, but as I haven't played the game myself, I can't say with certainty.

---

Might I suggest Google ads? sweatdrop  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:19 am
Well, from our relatively brief discussions about it, Jon is picturing having like 20 different websites for all topics under the sun (mostly forums), where I would rather focus on just one really good review/article/forum for videogames/movies/internet/etc.

As for the actual topic...

I'm kind of interested in the 1+2 compilation for playstation since it features updated graphics and both versions of 2.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games