View Results

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:38 am

So I've been thinking this over .. two topics on this thread..

Topic 1: "I get to feel the urge to do something them all suddenly I get bored and not do it anymore like yesterday night, I was really ready to finish a report I'm supposed to do and get a start on my thesis also but each time I wanna go something comes up and suddenly I get bored. Do you guys have the same experience, and if so have you ever tried not being bored? How do you do it? Any tips you might wanna share?

Topic 2: "So I've been really wondering about a current relationship with an amazing person I'm having with right now. It's not intimate but I kinda feel she somehow likes me too. I just wanna ask both guys and girls opinions on how to know if a girl likes you or not. Or a boy likes you or not."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:22 am
For Topic 1: To stop being bored? Hm..I would usually take a break and do something like draw or so and then jump back to it. But the most efficent way to get something done and not quit for me is...sitting and doing it by the computer and playing some background music either in my ears or on the speakers. If I do other things sometimes like play a video game I know I'll not bother to get something like an essay done...so I suggest sitting there and forcing yourself to write down something and then develop what you had down. Even though it might be boring at least you'll be all done in the end! ^_^

About Topic 2: Ah...how to tell someone likes you? I'm not sure to be honest. I guess if they're obvious you can just tell? Sorry I can't help on this one. ^_^ Usually I can't tell until WAY afterward or b/c someone else notices for me. sweatdrop

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:16 pm
1. I have that happen all the time. To try and prevent boredom during an essay, I'll write a sentence and then read a comic strip from a web comic. I don't allow myself to read another one until I write another sentence. It's surprisingly effective for me.

2. According to something I read in my Human Relations class, when a girl likes someone she will glance at him/her shyly every now and then. I don't know how accurate that is; I'm very inexperienced when it comes to romance.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:19 pm
for being bored, I eat. Sorry that doesn't help much, but it helps me think a bit. Especially ice cubes. I like to go online and watch a few vids too. find something interesting, anything, and try it out. I try to make things that are boring more interesting for myself. A great example: school. If I'm in class and it's boring, sleeping is not an option. So I might doodle a bit, take notes if neccessary, and do whatever.

As for knowing if someone likes you, noticing body language is key. You can't take everything as evidence though. Dornkus had the right idea, up top. Girls will tend to be shy, glancing occasionally. If they're not so shy, they might try to strike up a conversation, or try to catch your attention, for seemingly no reason. Guys, well, we like to show off. I tend to be a little on the shy side too, though.

If it's a freiendship we're talking about, that's a different story. Pay attention to conversations, and see if you can notice any subtle changes, like tone of voice, or how they say things. Usually, just how they look at you can state the truth.

I hope this helps a bit. sweatdrop This is all from my experience.  

b10n1cl3k1n6

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:31 am
Topic 1: That happens to me a lot. I usually just push through it, give myself a bit of a reward at the end. Like if I finish that project I can go play on the internet or call a friend that I wanted to call earlier. Maybe tell myself I can do what nearly derailed me after I finish.

Topic 2: I'm quite oblivious when it comes to other people's feelings towards me so I can't really say much about how to notice but I can tell you things that I noticed I was doing as I developed a crush on a friend.
I am a girl so this applies to "knowing how a girl likes you or not"
Maybe if she tries to talk to you more often, or singles you out to talk to. Calling and trying to contact and/or talk to you often can say something.
Body language is definitely a big tip off to someone's true feelings. Look at their face. I barely notice when I blush, so I found it very suprising when my ex boyfriend told me for a while before I confessed to liking him he noticed me blushing around him a lot. If he weren't so oblivious it would have been a bit clue to him.
Sometimes girls will get very awkward when they're around someone they like. I remember doing this. I didn't think right when I was around the guy I liked so I'd make these weird disconjointed sentences and say all these weird things.

And I don't know if this is just me but I stare at people I like, kind of creepy, I know, but it's just me. I like to know different facets of people's personality and how they act when they potentially aren't putting up a front. Half the human population is quite oblivious anyway and won't notice you watching. (though when they do it can be awkward)  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:18 am
topic 1:
i have no time to be bored biggrin usually, i get distracted from my homework(:

topic 2:
if you are serious about the relationship and really wanna know, then just ask! no harm anyway.. you will never know if you never try(:

Fate-J

VampressLeona

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:28 am
1 Im bored all the time....im ADD...speaking of which thanks for reminding me *runs off to fix problem* I take Fish pills with omega 3 which is supposed to help you focus and I must say when I am on them they really do work.

2 If you are standing face to face ish she points her toes in, or towards you. IF she really likes you she mimics your body posture. She touches you to make contact, usually on the shoulder or arm or back. If you are sitting she will cross her legs TOwards you.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:07 am
* is really bored and tries to take alternative fish pills..

>eats fresh dramallama fish guts<

eeww.. burning_eyes  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash