Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:50 pm
User ImageMatemo was nervous. She had heard about these lands from others, and was compelled to visit them, searching for a new home and hoping to find one here. The only problem was she didn't know if they would accept her, carrying her front left paw as she did. It wouldn't be the first time someone underestimated her, because she was in some minor way crippled. She was more than ready to prove herself capable, if she could only get the chance.

Trotting, she knew she was close to the borders of the pride. Her nose was filled with the scents that could only come from a large group of lions, no one smell any more distinct than the others. They somehow all seemed to fit with each other, and she wondered if her own scent would some how mingle in at some time. Swallowing, fixing a serious expression on her face, she steeled herself with some silent words of confidence and continued on her way.

It was hard to imagine this was all accident, though by many it would certainly look that way. The conversations she had over heard, the fact that she had been traveling in this direction with some vague sense of purpose, but no idea why, how she just ended up in the right places at the right time. Though she followed no set concept of Gods, she couldn't help but feel like this was fate, and all of those signs had led her to something she needed in her life. She just hoped they would think so, too.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:23 pm
User Image
With the dukes and duchesses gone upon their Trials of Adolescence, the house has become a little empty. Locations were missing lions at their posts due to their absence. Less food was obtained due to the lack of hunting members but it still worked out due to the lack of mouths to feed. Still, with his sons and daughters gone, the Lord patrolled often and thoroughly, not only to secure his territory, but to keep an eye for if any of his children returned from their adventure away from their home.

The Lord of the Zhi Ming, the North House of Tianxia, entered the massive grass circular clearing that laid out before the many dens that were engraved into the cliff face. The grass was warm as the afternoon sun neared. Members of the house must have left to hunt or take up their occupations, pulling their weight in the house. Sharp, emerald eyes gazed out to the gate, the cliff's walls boarded their home but parted, never connecting. The savanna that could be seen was everlasting as every day, the specks of preys and predators, herds and prides, families all the same. Soon, his will return to a surprise. Plans have been set forth for future events that will bring prosperity to their home, but for now, all must rest and wait for such events.

With the day pressing, he must finish his patrols before he breaks for lunch with his beloved Lady, Fu'ren. Carefully, he stepped out of the Zhi Ming's gates and down the incline into the rogue territory below.

"Should rescent the area..."

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:37 pm
Matemo didn't know exactly where she was, but the sense that she was close lingered. Not just close to the scents she had been following, but to something important. It was a feeling that rumbled within her, making her feel anxious and excited at the same time. Her muscles were coiled and twitching, even though she as in motion, and she felt restless because of it. There was no cure for it, since walking and running hadn't helped at all. She shook herself to try and be rid of the tingling, but it did not ebb.

She sat down abruptly, licking her fur where the muscles were the tightest. She sighed heavily, swallowing hard and looking up at the sky. She had to be here. This was just one more sign from whatever it was that was guiding her. Maybe it was telling her to stop, like she was wandering too far and might miss what she needed to see. Or maybe it was telling her to keep going, since she felt so restless, that she was not yet there and needed to hurry up.

Deciphering signs from ethereal concepts was ridiculously difficult.

Frowning, she daydreamed about the meanings behind her wanderings for a while before she heard someone coming. She looked around sharply, spotting a male lion a ways off yet, and standing. Her bad paw didn't touch the ground at the heel, but it was not something she noticed any more. She kept her keen eyes on the lion, forcing herself to remain relaxed and approachable. Maybe he could help her.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:46 pm
Around the base of their home, the mountain goats gave him a glance before going back to their routine. Those that lingered in the savannah gave the lord a glance before skipping off to meet with their rest of their herd. Life was the same as ever. With a few territorial roars to ensure any lion out there would know this was his territory. Oddly, with only one roar, others may think there was one of him and would encourage them, if they were foolhardy, to come and challenge the lord of the military house of the pride, that of which, he counted on. With a smirk, the large male made his way to the water hole where the house's river flowed into for a quick drink and then to hunt. Looking in the reflection, he saw himself, regal, proud, and incredibly strong. Inky black mane, streaked with blood red, faded green eyes of his tragic past, his body massive and powerful, muscles for killing and speed as well as protection.

As Sheng left to hunt, something crossed his path of vision. A figure in the distance and a scent he did not recognized. With a deep rumbling in his throat. A trespasser on my territory!? He shall see why no one enters my territory dead or becomes one of mine... the Lord scowled. Glancing over his shoulder, the house stood out clear as a white lion in the darkest of nights.

He was not on his territory either. But this trespasser did not know that. Rushing toward this new entity, he gave out another territorial roar, stopping short of his lion, rather lioness, with false anger in his eyes.

"Who dares trespass on Zhi Ming territory!?"

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:48 pm
Matemo was near flat on her stomach the moment she saw the lion barreling toward her, her ears flat against her skull when his booming voice met her and made her tremble. She looked up at him in completely submission, blinking in shock and wonder. Generally she was not a push over, but she was so concerned about making a good impression and finding a home here her instincts had shifted to the complete preservation of those goals. That last thing she wanted to do was piss someone from these lands off.

And that definitely looked like she was on the road to it, judging by how territorial this male was. At least she had successfully found the place she was looking for. Now she was worried about getting kicked out of it.

"My name is Matemo," she said, her voice strong and oddly calm, despite her posture. She didn't raise, but she looked up at him with determined eyes that were softened by her natural tendency to want to get along with everyone, "I didn't mean to trespass. I... I was actually looking to make this my home, if that's possible. I... I want to serve the lord here. I've heard that here there are soldiers. I want to prove myself..."

She watched him carefully, her heart slowing as she adjusted to his presence. He certainly seemed powerful, and something about him told her she was in the company of someone important. She kept her best behavior up, trying her best to be reverent and amiable at the same time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:00 pm
Sheng scowled, his paw lifted slowly as if to strike, but swung off to the side and began pacing back in forth before the female. Emerald eyes glancing at her with each pass. She was a rogue. Something about her told him something was different about her. She was indeed wise to go into a submissive posture to someone whom was higher than she, if she knew it or not. Hopefully, she was not stupid enough to do that to a much lower ranking member of the house. It would be strange, but that aside. Sheng let out a snarl.

"I am the Lord!"

Sheng stopped, taking a step to look over her. Immediately, he noticed a difference in the way her paw looked. It was different than its counterpart. Either it was being held that way or it was different in formation. Eyes narrowed, he let out a deep exhale, the rumbling in his chest persisting.

"Matemo, a rogue looking for refuge in my home. My territory," he snarled with emphasis on his... "possessions". How could he allow a rogue to join and jeopardize his home? Easily. He had to. He had to recruit members to the pride. He had to under orders of Empress Afu and Emperor Ahali, not to mention he would be told by his Lady Fu'ren. However, if she plans to live in the Zhi Ming, she will certainly have to tolerate or even handle the Lord. "How can I trust you enough to be so close to my family?"

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:34 pm
Well, that certainly explained the oppressive, royal air the lion was giving off. She had managed to stumble onto the Lord of these lands, without realizing it. In that moment she couldn't really tell if it was a good or a bad thing.

She looked up at him carefully, watching his every movement, and not missing the way he looked at her paw. It didn't take him long to notice it, but she wasn't deterred. She was still more than adept at everything she tried, physically, so she wasn't too worried. She was definitely intimidated, but she didn't lose her confidence or determination as he prowled around.

"You don't have to trust me. I'll prove it to you. I don't need a hand out, or a leap of faith. I'll be your servant, and I'll show you what I can do, faithfully and truly, and you will see that I can be trusted. If you ask me to, I'll serve you to the best of my ability. But if you tell me to leave, I will. I understand that these are your lands, and I have no right to look for a home where I'm not welcome."

She sighed, feeling like she hadn't drawn a breath in the whole little speech. Maybe she hadn't. She swallowed hard, nodding and quietly, patiently allowing him to take his assessment of her.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:00 am
He watched her, listening to her words carefully for articulations and emphasis. She seemed strong willed and rather determined to make it into their home. He wasn't entirely certain if she was well suited for the Zhi Ming. He was not entirely certain if she was ready for a pride like this.

"You may come with me to my home, with my family, with our pride. But do know this, Matemo, there are quite a few rules you must know before you readily decide to put yourself into the Zhi Ming, the North House of the Tianxia pride," The Lord sat down regally, watching her with a downcasting gaze.

"I am but a Lord, second to the princess of the Empress and Emperor of the Central House. I am of equal rank to the other Lords and Ladies. I am a taken male with my own partner and I have my litter, all capable of defending the house and loyal to it. Coming to our house means you will have to pull your own weight. You will need an occupation of which I will give you, one I will determine when we return to the North House. In our pride, you will use a new name when you are on our lands. No other. There are many rules and traditions you must know and will follow if you wish to live and remain on our lands, do you agree to these terms, Matemo, the rogue?"

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:19 pm
She listened, nodding when she needed to nod, and making mental notes at all times. She was ready for something greater than what her life had been so far. She knew nothing but wandering and doing small things. It was time to be a part of something bigger. Even if she was shunned, the lowest of the low ranks, she would endeavor to prove herself, to learn their ways and to adapt to their lifestyle. She didn't want them to be 'them': she wanted to make it 'us'.

She lifted her blue eyes as the large male asked her a question. She seemed steeled, tense but not in a defensive way. His words had sunk in, thoroughly digested, and she had not been intimidated by the idea of pulling her own weight. She had every intention of doing just that, and more if she was so asked. Swallowing, just to clear her throat, she offered a slow, deep nod.

"I will learn everything there is to be taught," she said slowly, thoughtfully, "and what I need to discover on my own. I have no attachment to my name, and no qualms about earning and living under a new one. It would be an honor, more than anything else. I most readily and truly do agree to those terms, Lord of the Zhi Ming."

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games