Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~The Random Center~ Off topic glory!
Tales of Symphonia?? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tales of Symphonia.... Do you like it?
  Yes! ^-^
  No...
  What?? o_O
  GOLD!! XD
View Results

miken-chan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:00 pm
I'm thinking they won't stop production of the PS2, seeing as so many people can't afford the PS3, Sony needs to have another console running. So, discounts ahoy! I just got my own laptop this Black Friday! Now I can look off of walkthroughs while playing wthout wasting paper!

Have a good time when you get your PS2! (and don't forget to feed any pets you own)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:20 pm
Okay, the Tales of Destiny (remake) has been out for a couple days, I'm going to post a couple cameos from it, but nothing else because I might spoile the game (PS-I did not take these screenshots, but I did circle the cameos to make finding them easier)

User Image

It's..................Kratos! I'm sure it's him because of the katakana, I know that's definitely his name in the name section of the text box.

User Image

And for those who know Legendia, it's Mimmy/Mimi Baker!

I feel so happy now, but I really should be saving up for a swap disc and the import for the game...

miken-chan

miken-chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:21 pm
Found another Cameo, the original pic's from themasterll.net and the cameo character is circled by me.

User Image

It's....A CHEAGLE!!!

This little creature hails from the Cheagle Forest in Tales of the Abyss!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:51 pm
X :: +gasp+ I can read some of the Japanese now. XD :: X

Miwaslover

miken-chan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:51 am
Still...too..busy playing Tales of the Abyss...

I think I'm almost finished, I'm almost up to my first final battle with one of the 6 God-Generals. I'm sure it'll be easier than on Eldrant, where I have to battle one, then a solo boss, then another boss, then the final boss (2 or 3 times).

The cool thing is that some bosses (namely all of the Six God-Generals (except Dist) and the Final Boss) have hi-ougis. Which makes the game so much more challenging...like Sync's Akashic Torment and Harrowing Gale, Arietta's Big Bang and Evil Light, Legretta's Prism Bullet/Ballet, Largo's Brimstone Tempest, Asch's (Squee!) Rending Saber and *SPOILER* Van's *SPOILER* Celestial Elegy, Ancient Requiem and Imperial Slaughter.

Of course, every playable character (except Asch) has 2 hi-ougis. Asch has only one because he's only available for a short time unless you use the world map glitch...

Next off-to get all of the weapons so I can attack Neblim (Not the same as the Symphoni one) -Who has at least 250,000 HP this time around...

EDIT: Beat 2 final god-generals. Arietta nearly killed me by using Big bang (which downs everyone's HP to 1) and then 3 seconds later, she used Evil Light.

SPOILER - HIGHLIGHT
And Dist *died* Team-Rocket style

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:19 pm
Hi, it's me spamming the thread again, this time with the Namco Tales 3rd Official Popularity Contest Results...and my comments...

Number - Name - Game (in series) where he/she/it came from - Comments

RESULTS

1-Leon Magnus - Destiny - A bit too emo for his own good, but thanks to the new remake on Destiny, and his uber cool final cutscene, he regained his #1 crown. (PS + SPOILERS: It was HIS final cutscene, not the final cutscene of the game...*implies* stare )

2-Luke Fon Fabre - Abyss - He gets to be really cool, but he starts as the whiniest main character in the entire realm of gaming rolleyes

3-Jade Curtiss - Abyss - Smart, Sarcastic and Dark, perhaps the coolest of the top ten in my eyes...well, behind Asch. Anyways, he spouts out the greatest quotes in the game series.
Here's a dialogue:
Ant lion man: Who do you care for the most? question
Luke: (choice screen shows up-pick Jade) Jade...I guess. sweatdrop
Jade: Is that an attempt to harass me?" stare

4-Guy Cecil- Abyss - The gynophobic, super cool supportung swordsman of the game. He is afraid of girls...and there's a dark secret in a lost memory that gives the reason to his actions. I loved his character, and I deem him a better swordsman than Luke because he's faster an can use a skill to heal himself a fair amount. 3nodding

5-Kratos - Symphonia - You know him, you love him, most Tales fans who've played more than 3 games (like me) have started to despise him for attracting way to many rabid fangirls to the series. He was the 2nd Contest's winner, but it looks like Leon and a horde of Abyss characters usurped his throne. emo

6-Asch - Abyss - My favorite, I spam voted for him at least 6 times. He is one of the 6 God-Generals of the Oracle Knights, main antagonists of the series, but his alliances are shakey. His past is dark, and he bears a strong hatred for Luke for a reason that is known to be a spoiler (go check the Tales of the Abyss wiki to find out if you really want to). You can keep him in the game after temporoarily acquiring him (again) after a sidequest, but you cannot re-equip him. His sword skills match Luke's, but he also comes with cool magic attacks. domokun
-Also, in the official anouncement at Jump Festa 2007, his Japanese voice actor (who also voiced Luke) did a whole argument between the characrters, of course, he had to act both out (and switch voices) by himself.

7-Judas - Destiny 2 - I guess people like him for the same reason they like Leon and Kratos...the enigmatic kickass swordsman flair. He is truly awesome, but he also wears a mask/skull to "hide" his true identity (it barely hides anything though, seeing that it's an animal skull - and the animal probably had gigantic eyes), and refuses to give Kyle his true name, thus he gets named by Kyle (Destiny 2's hero). Previously 4th place in the 2nd contest. ninja

8-Zelos Wilder - Symphonia - Some love him, some hate him. But last time's #3 character and #1 perv got demoted... gonk
-During the official naming of the rankings at Jump Festa 2007, his voice actor said this to Leon/Judas's voice actor: "IT'S ALWAYS YOU!"

9-Stahn Aileron - Destiny - The hero of Destiny, and an overly nice/kind person...with a really cool sword that talks...Anyways, he has trouble waking up in the morning, and gets spammed with verbal abuse by everyone...save Philia and Woodrow/Garr mrgreen

10-Tear Grants - Abyss - Heroine of Abyss and a soldier of the Order of Lorelie's Oracle Knights. She is first confronted as she tries to kill her brother, Van Grants during Luke's sword training session. Needless to say, she fails, and she and Luke are transported halfway around the world...where the story begins. blaugh

11-Rid/Ried Hershel - Eternia/Destiny II - Hero of Eternia, he's a hunter from the town of Rasheans in the world of Inferia, after a certain...incident in town involving Meredy, who just crash landed nearby from a spaceship that was launched from Celestia. The find her, pick her up and bring her to town...but of course, no one can understand her. Anyways, he starts out as a kind of 'reluctant hero'. scream

12-Presea Combatir - Symphonia - I guess people like her because she's a "little girl" with a giant axe...I think she's pretty cool. surprised

13-Collet/Colette Brunel - Symphonia - Some like her, but I'm personally biased against her because she gets kidnapped WAY too often, and thus becomes weaker than some other characters by missing out on some battles. Also, Optomism is nauseating if left near me in large quantaties... twisted

14-Cless Alvien/Cress Albein* - Phantasia - Anyways, he's the first Tales hero - The original. His journey starts after his hometown, Totus is destroyed in the name of Dhaos. Then there's a lot of time traveling, but there isn't as much as in Destiny 2 dramallama
NOTE- Please use the first name listed when talking to me. I believe in the Dejap translation, not the 2-cent translation and voices of the NA GBA (They made Morrison sound like Abraham Lincoln!).

15-Anise Tatlin - Abyss -She's a money-hogging, slightly perverted girl with a fontech doll that gan grow to like...10 feet tall and smush everyone in her way. What isn't there to like about her? Well...except for her sometimes overly squeaky voice. Did I mention she wanted to marry to get rich? there's a good reason though... heart

16-Chester Barklight/Burklight* - Phantasia - Cless's best friend, and master archer. he's a cool guy, but you only get to use him for a short while at the beginning of the game...before Cless and Mint get transported a hundred years or so into past, and Chester and Morisson are left to fend off Dhaos. domokun

17-Ion - Abyss- An NPC, but he plays a special part in the game as the Fon Master of the Order of Lorelie, constantly aiding everyone with is kind heart...I personally think he's cute together with Anise. Of course, he looks like a girl, has a girl's voice and his uniform just so happens to be a dress-like robe and tights... 3nodding

18-Chloe Valens - Legendia - The last knight of the House of Valens. She fights to seek revenge. Even though she has a tough facade, her true feelings are rather...soft for a knight. I also think she's cute together with Senel (probably because Shirley annoys the heck outta me). 3nodding

19-Barbatos Goetia- Destiny 2 - He's the main villian of ToD2, and a weird one at that, I think he looks creepy (he also has a cameo to stop auto levelers on the world map in the recent remake of the original Destiny). ninja

20-Celsius - General - A great summon spirit, and just cool, but cooler in Eternia. I think she's the best summon spirit. mrgreen

PS-Did I tell you that Phantasia is available for the SNES, PSX/PS1, GBA and PSP? It gets remade all the time...in Japan.

NOTE!!!! If a name is marked by a * (an asterisk), you MUST NOT say that version of the name near me!  

miken-chan

Sephiralen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:11 pm
OMG!!! I MISSED YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH!!!

**Huggles everyone!!**

heart heart heart

Oh yeah, and merry xmas!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:50 pm
Merry (late) Christmas to You too!!

I think I'm letting my new obsession get to me...I started with Symphonia, bought Legendia, programmed a PSX emulator to Play Destiny and Eternia/Destiny II, Played Phantasia on a GBA and SNES emulator and played ToW: ND3 on a GBA emulator...

Next thing you see is me importing Rebirth and (the real) Destiny 2...along with a Jap PS2...

Oh yeah, I made a couple "Tales" AMVs, here's a LINK (CLICKETH)

miken-chan

Master Samurai_Kenshin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:32 am
that games is awsome! i really enjoy watching the cutsences  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:12 pm
miken-chan
NOTE- Please use the first name listed when talking to me. I believe in the Dejap translation, not the 2-cent translation and voices of the NA GBA (They made Morrison sound like Abraham Lincoln!).

I must agree with you about the voices, but not so much the names. I guess it just makes more sense to me for it to be spelled Cress than Cless, because cress and mint are both edible plants; it fits. And Klarth just sounds like someone spat up, although I admit Claus isn't very cool. The one thing that did really bother me about the official translation was when they called the final battle "Kangaroo." Seriously, kangaroo? Anybody who knows anything about Norse mythology knows it's Ragnarok. It's like the localization team didn't even take the time to research the background of the game. It's like they just decided to randomly pick some scrabble tiles out of a hat, and the tiles just happened to spell out the name of an Australian marsupial.

And, wow, Cress is somehow is less popular than Collette. eek  

Gunr

~The Random Center~ Off topic glory!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas