Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
material destiny?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:11 pm
do you believe that the right items wait for you?

example: i was on the hunt for the perfect magickal journal/grimoire/book of shadows, whatever you want to call it and i found it at books-a-million. cherry wood covers and leather spine, line pages; it was perfect, but a bit out of my budget at the time. a few months passed and i had all but forgotten about it until i was in ther again and just felt the urge to look through the journals again and it was still there. it was the last one and the price tag was missing, all i could remember was that it was a fairly expensive book, but it was the last one so i decided i could part with the money. i took it to the counter and asked how much it was, but no one, not even the manager on duty, could find it in the system. they looked for about 15 minutes before the manager said, "well, alll i ca do is ring it up as a standard 5x8 journal... which costs $5." i was so excited and felt that it just had to be fate.

have you ever had this happen to you? if so, share your story. i think it's great that little things like this can make such a huge impact on us.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:18 am
I wouldn't really call it "destiny" or anything, but I do believe that the right items come to you, yeah.

I can't actually think of any examples xd But yeah.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Kimiko no Tenshi

Shadowy Rogue

14,500 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:26 am
Actually, I believe that your tools choose you, not the other way around. Be it a journal or a pendant or what have you. If something feels right to you, you'll know it.

As for me, my first hint at this was with the Pentacle I currently wear around my neck. I had seen it in a catalog, and it caught my eye above all others. It was a friends catalog I was looking through, so when I was done I didn't think anything of it. About a month later I went to the mall, and went into Spencers. Low and behold, there was my pendant, in all it's Sterling Silver presence. I immediately bought it and only take it off now when I go swimming. (chlorine = bad) And what's more, it's silver. Yet it never tarnishes. I do nothing special to it. I was so happy when I found it. And like your journal, it was the only one in the store.

Spencers of all places. Whoda thunk?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:54 am
Yeah, I believe your tools do have some choice in whether or not you obtain or use them. My mother was "away", in a simpler sense, and left me her credit card to get whatever I needed [I mean, I had food it was just for when we ran out]. So the last night before she was supposed to come home a friend took me to Barnes & Noble, and I just HAD to get the Tarot set they had on sale (I mean, I hadn't used it for anything else yet!). Not only was it cheaper than the Irish Gaelic book I wanted, it turned out to be more useful [since that book was level 2 and I'm level 1!]. The deck has been very cooperative and insightful, being that I'm a beginner, and has earned a spot amongst my most treasured possessions.

Now if only the stuff from Pyramid Collection would lower their prices... XD

[ Nicolette ]

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:22 pm
[ Nicolette ]

Now if only the stuff from Pyramid Collection would lower their prices... XD

no kidding xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:47 pm
Yup; I definitely believe that if you're meant to have something, it'll find its way to you/you'll find your way to it.

That's how I got my first Tarot deck. Well, that how I think it worked, anyways xd  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:37 pm
Yeah, I definitly think that you're naturally drawn to certain materialistic objects, and if it's drawn to you as well, no matter how expensive it is or who it belongs to, it will find some way to get to you.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:54 pm
Kimiko no Tenshi
Actually, I believe that your tools choose you, not the other way around. Be it a journal or a pendant or what have you. If something feels right to you, you'll know it.

As for me, my first hint at this was with the Pentacle I currently wear around my neck. I had seen it in a catalog, and it caught my eye above all others. It was a friends catalog I was looking through, so when I was done I didn't think anything of it. About a month later I went to the mall, and went into Spencers. Low and behold, there was my pendant, in all it's Sterling Silver presence. I immediately bought it and only take it off now when I go swimming. (chlorine = bad) And what's more, it's silver. Yet it never tarnishes. I do nothing special to it. I was so happy when I found it. And like your journal, it was the only one in the store.

Spencers of all places. Whoda thunk?

actually the reson why it doesn't tarnish is because it's probably sterling silver. most silver jewelry items are 3nodding but thats awesome that you found it.  

whiporwill-o

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:09 pm
Tari_Leralonde
Yeah, I definitly think that you're naturally drawn to certain materialistic objects, and if it's drawn to you as well, no matter how expensive it is or who it belongs to, it will find some way to get to you.

*hopes that someone's millions are drawn to me*
ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:34 am
I'm falling even more in love with you, letting go all I've held onto...

I believe in coincidences and that there is a fate that leads to you to a certain point in your search for something, but I don't really think about it any further than that.

...I'm standing here until you make me move, I'm hanging by a moment here with you.

raging-earth

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:57 am
raging-earth

I believe in coincidences and that there is a fate that leads to you to a certain point in your search for something, but I don't really think about it any further than that.

...I'm standing here until you make me move, I'm hanging by a moment here with you.

isn't 'fate' and 'destiny' about the same thing?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:08 pm
whiporwill-o
raging-earth

Yes, or so I believe. I was using them synonymously. I use the term 'fate' more often than 'destiny' for some reason.

raging-earth

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:31 pm
raging-earth
whiporwill-o
raging-earth

Yes, or so I believe. I was using them synonymously. I use the term 'fate' more often than 'destiny' for some reason.

oh, i see. sorry, had a moment, lol sweatdrop  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games