Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply General Debate Forum
What is wrong with "polytheism"? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:33 am
Slick Southpaw
tassan
Slick Southpaw
tassan
Slick Southpaw
What do you mean? Do you want me to provide proof that your prophet used to be a polytheist? Or are you asking for proof about Allah being a pagan name or why I think Muslims have an issue with polytheism?

How "Allah" itself is polytheistic?
Allah is the name of a god worshiped before Islam was established. He was a powerful god, and throughout Arabia people worshiped trees and springs and certain stones as a testament to his power. He was a diety that had 3 daughters. Their names were Manat, Al-Uzza, and Al-lat.

Can you give a little more brief explanation and links with more info about it?

EDIT: Allah is not a NAME it means "ONE GOD" saying one god is same as Allah therefore my one god has no name he is only one.

Name is only given to PEOPLE to differentiate between them and identify them. While there is only ONE GOD so there is not need to 'differentiate' because he has not parallel.

P:
Allah was the head god of local deities. Muhammad is a reformer, all he did was take pagan roots modify it
I'm only citing one source right now, because there are many links inside this web page that talks about the historical existence of Allah.

He is talking about what i said Allah is not a name its just a representation of ONE GOD and that is it,

Quote:

"If a Muslim says, "Your God and our God is the same," either he does not understand who Allah and Christ really are, or he intentionally glosses over the deep-rooted differences."

Quote:
then because pagan religions also have generics that correspond to "the god" (Allah), this correspondence would also prove that Allah is the same god as the Buddhist god, for Buddhists also refer to their god as "the god".

That does not mean that both gods are same just because they have no name, you need a name when there are other people near you just to identify you there is no other God therefore there is no representing name as i already said.

Quote:
Allah, occurs already in pre-Mohammedan times, both in inscriptions and in compound personal names like Abd Allah, 'servant of Allah.'

Islam did not start when Mohammad arrived but the religion already existed before him, there were abt 124,000 prophets but only the most important 25 are mentioned in the Qur'an, all of them preahed about the same God, so saying that Allah has pagan roots seems so useless.

PS: you link seems so useless to read, its just of logic that he is talking about Pre-Islamic importance of ALLAH in Arab so yes "THE GOD" is correct and i am not angry on it, Mohammad (peace be upon him) destroyed all the 360 idols presented around the Kab'a and let Kab'a it self be there for because it was stable direction for Muslims so they do not get confused over the directions.

PPS: have you researched over the verses he points out? i need a little help i can't find them.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:23 pm
tassan

Islam did not start when Mohammad arrived but the religion already existed before him, there were abt 124,000 prophets but only the most important 25 are mentioned in the Qur'an, all of them preahed about the same God, so saying that Allah has pagan roots seems so useless.
Oi, it's not useless, because YOU believe that Islam existed since before your precious prophet.
I'm simply pointing out what the rest of the world sees, BEYOND limited scriptures.

tassan
you link seems so useless to read, its just of logic that he is talking about Pre-Islamic importance of ALLAH in Arab so yes "THE GOD" is correct and i am not angry on it, Mohammad (peace be upon him) destroyed all the 360 idols presented around the Kab'a and let Kab'a it self be there for because it was stable direction for Muslims so they do not get confused over the directions.

I was pointing out that the concept of Allah simply evolved from pagan roots. If you do not believe it because you have this notion that Islam has been established since forever and your prophet suddenly revealed it to the masses, then that's your problem for being so narrow-minded and refusing to realize that no one else aside from Muslims are going to see your point of view.
tassan
PPS: have you researched over the verses he points out? i need a little help i can't find them.

Which verses did you need help with? I'm not a psychic.  

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Aphrodite Jr

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:32 am
divineseraph
I hear a lot against polytheists according to islam, but why is this the case? Is God not infinite in nature? And if so, is it not possible for God to have infinite faces?

What is wrong with people separating the parts of God into multiple faces, firstly?

Secondly, did you know that almost all "polytheistic" religions consider their many gods part of the one true creator? We see this in Aton in Atonism, in Brahma/Brahman in Hinduism. So instead of simply God, they have the part of God that makes light, the part of God that moves rivers, the part of God that moves the earth and so forth.

Rather than finding differences in people who see God in a slightly different way, shouldn't we join together with them and accept their views of the divine?

We all know there's one god and one god only, which is Allah.
But in religions like Hinduism, they believe in MANY gods and not only one. And it doesn't matter if they see God in many faces.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:20 pm
Aphrodite Jr
divineseraph
I hear a lot against polytheists according to islam, but why is this the case? Is God not infinite in nature? And if so, is it not possible for God to have infinite faces?

What is wrong with people separating the parts of God into multiple faces, firstly?

Secondly, did you know that almost all "polytheistic" religions consider their many gods part of the one true creator? We see this in Aton in Atonism, in Brahma/Brahman in Hinduism. So instead of simply God, they have the part of God that makes light, the part of God that moves rivers, the part of God that moves the earth and so forth.

Rather than finding differences in people who see God in a slightly different way, shouldn't we join together with them and accept their views of the divine?

We all know there's one god and one god only, which is Allah.
But in religions like Hinduism, they believe in MANY gods and not only one. And it doesn't matter if they see God in many faces.

They also believe in the Brahman, which is the single reality. It is all things in their subtle, divine forms, and they are all part of the one divine power. This singularity, though slightly different in it's portrayal, is essentially the same thing as YHWH or Allah or Aton.  

divineseraph

Lisa Red

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:47 pm
When you make something, that thing does not become you. It becomes a separate unit. You aren't put into what you make. It doesn't take after your personality, it can't take power from you. In conclusion, It doesn't retain a piece of you. That is the same for Allah as well. He creates us, but we are not a part of him. We are our own separate unit. And because he made us, he gets to decide what he wants to do with us. Does that make sense?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:12 pm
Why would you split God into faces if He is One? Why would he need different names if He has made everything? He is above all that He created. Islam did not evolve. Like Tassan said, the faith has been around for so long & also, the message of Allah was brought to Muhammad by the angel Jibril (Gabriel). He didn't use what everyone else had practiced before, he listened to what he was told by Allah's messenger angel. & since Allah means One God in Arabic (even previously) of course it was used because of exactly what it means, ONE GOD. It's not a name that Allah told Jibril to tell Muhammad, it's His title, what He is. & we can see your point of view, Slick, but you are being narrow minded yourself since it seems you have no faith & aren't willing to consider it an option. As for the site you provided, it gives a lot of words, but not much proof. Also, the works cited within the link are philosophies of persons, not concrete or nearly so. They don't give much evidence of what they claim. But I did read it, so please don't assume me to be narrow minded.  

Wandertoal-Haqq

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
General Debate Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items