Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RAWR I AM A BILL NYE
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:59 am
User Image

Hello. x3

In this topic, you can discuss band music, and such. (Man, that sounded REALLY lame coming from me. ._.) Wind E and Symphonic band people, please don't be discouraged by the topic's name. Please, discuss. 8D
Anyway,
I play BBb Tuba in my Symphonic band. I LOVE IT SO MUCH! I can hear myself so excellently! I love all the songs were playing (Prelude to a Festival,Legend of The Alhambra,The Wild Westerns!, Pictures at an Exhibition (Promenade and Great Gate),Colonel Bogey.)
But I don't like PTAF or Colonel Bogey. Too boring for Tuba! I love TWW! the most because I have a special part w/ a Bari Sax, but I get nervous whenever our part comes. I sound so fat in that song. xDD My special part is harder than the Bari's because his fingerings change, my embouchure changes. But luckily the Trumpet solo isn't that loud (WOW!).
My second favorite would be PAAE. I like it, the Clarinet solo (Yes, it's an optional Clarinet/Trumpet solo.) sounds so pretty, but they should so make it a Tuba solo. User Image But it's hard too. EVIL low G! Even WORSE? It goes from low G to normal G. xP And the 18th note runs... gonk
My third would be LOTA. I hate it that we have to start a P then gradually go up. Then I play ONE NOTE, then wait for 7 measures for the other instruments to play, then wait 8 measures for the Trumpets to play their part, then I join in. x3 It has High C. (My second favorite note) I kinda like the ending, but it's kinda quick. (it;s from G to 3 C's,then A, I think.)

I ranted. User Image
Discuss:
Music your playing for Concert band
Your instruments whee
Funny moments at band
Recordings of your band music. O:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:18 am
I'm in two bands.
In the Jr High band (7th and 8th grade) I play Bb Clarinet. I wasn't allowed to play bass because there was only 5 Bb Clarinets :/. I don't really like my songs, so I'm not posting them x3 I personally don't like my Bb as much as my bass so I don't enjoy Jr High Band As Much as I do Sr High

In Sr High band (9th - 12th grade (And a few younger people moved up, like me) I play my Bb Bass Clarinet. I love it 8D I have alot of songs, so I can't really list them all. I am one of 3 basses :3 I am the only one that can play high and a low Eb O: -Is proud of self-

I got into a PMEA bandfest thing also. I played Bass there. If you didn't know, bandfest is where 6th, 7th, and 8th graders are chosen (usually about 10 people from each school) to play in a band. There is a 6th grade band and a 7th&8th grade band. There was about 500 people total. It was fun o: We got to play all day at this College xD  

-Kangaa
Captain

RAWR I AM A BILL NYE
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:54 am
Wow. 8D That's alot of people! We only have 31 members in our band. :[

Our band fest isn't by skill.... Were just.. In it. xD But we have to wear concert black while all the other schools wear band shirts. User Image

And then were judged and we have to hear a recording of ourselves. .________.

Recordings:
The Wild Westerns!
Pictures at An Exhibiton (Part One, Promenade, Marching Band Ver.)
Pictures at an Exhibition (Great Gate)
Legend of The Alhambra
Prelude to a festival
Colonel Bogey  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:49 am
My 7th and 8th grade band only has about 40 people D:

For bandfest we got matching shirts O: But we had to wear black bottoms.

Bandfest is just for fun I suppose. We get recorded but not judged or anything.  

-Kangaa
Captain

-Kangaa
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:46 pm
I found my Sr High songs (Where I play Bass)

Chesford Portrait
True Blue March
The Doors in Concert(Beeping in the recording for some reason)
Sun Dancing

I like "Sun dancing" the best. We (basses) have a cool part by ourselves, but I am the only one that can play it.One of the basses has a broken key, so It doesn't play really low. So it's like a solo for me (:  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:42 pm
Cool. 8D

I got Pomp and Circumstance. I have to use a BARITONE part. -_______-
(I'll ask my BD if he can find a string bass part for P&C)  

RAWR I AM A BILL NYE
Vice Captain

Apocalyptic Elf

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:12 am
Lovely DINOSAUR

Our band fest isn't by skill.... Were just.. In it. xD But we have to wear concert black while all the other schools wear band shirts. User Image

Recordings:
The Wild Westerns!
Legend of The Alhambra
Prelude to a festival
Colonel Bogey

i listen to the great gate of kiev recording i dunno if its just me but it sounds like there is a part missing

It's a excerpt, so it doesn't have all the parts. I think the full part is Great Gate of Kiev, but on my paper, it's entitled "Great Gate", so they cut out a few parts to wither make it easier or shorter.  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:24 pm
Apocalyptic Elf
Lovely DINOSAUR

Recordings:
The Wild Westerns!
Legend of The Alhambra
Prelude to a festival
Colonel Bogey

i listen to the great gate of kiev recording i dunno if its just me but it sounds like there is a part missing

It's a excerpt, so it doesn't have all the parts. I think the full part is Great Gate of Kiev, but on my paper, it's entitled "Great Gate", so they cut out a few parts to wither make it easier or shorter.  

RAWR I AM A BILL NYE
Vice Captain

Melody the Music Mistress

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:19 pm
hey eve here. this year/last year in band *i do both marching and concert* im playing baritone. we mostly did beautful/loud peices like Phantom of the Opra and Lord of the Rings *idk which one* all the saxs *no offence to them, they were new players this year* it took them forever but it was awesome to hear them playing, so loud and awesome~~~ now were doing all rock bands for marching and idk what for concert *we dont do it till after december T.T* its always so funny the way my teacher tries to make us have one good rehersal *sp?* cause we always get off topic and talk about music. =) and those are awesome songs person with all the links xD *ive heard of them but never got to listen to them*  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:30 pm
In concert band I don't play anything low. I'm an oboe.
But I made All-State on Baritone Sax. Jazz/bass. and Steel Drum ensemble I play bass. So pretty much any of my music classes I play in the low section....except for concert ^-^.  

Rinkashitakutoka

Low Section Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff