Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Houkito

Sparkly Girl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:04 am
I need help with Brawl. I apologize if this is irrelevant to the forum.

I'm able to connect wirelessly on my Wii, but I'm unable to view matches on Brawl nor am I able to participate in any. I get 10201 error messages for spectator mode and "seeking" takes too long for battles/matches.

I've read on the internet that it could be because of the router settings. I've tried switching to channels 1 and 11, and even between modes b and g, but nothing still seems to work. Am I missing something or am I doing something wrong?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:13 pm
Nintendo's servers must've went down for maintenance or some something. But the internet still works if you battle your friends because the Friend system sorta works on a peer-to-peer server format, so until then, you're stuck fighting your friends and receiving other Smash Service data.  

Volkenheim

Houkito

Sparkly Girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:01 am
I don't have any Wii Friends so I haven't been able to try that yet.

I'm more concerned about playing with others... and spectating.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:09 pm
Well, just now at 4:00 P.M., all the WiFi modes in the game are now back to normal, so I guess it was just a maintenance session that went through the Nintendo servers. But anytime you want to battle, you can PM me; my Friend Code is on my signature. If you don't want to, then I understand.  

Volkenheim

Houkito

Sparkly Girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:14 pm
Thanks. c:

Now spectator mode is working-- but I can't participate in team/basic brawl.
GAAAAH.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:58 pm
Sometimes, the game does that. Due to all the unexpected and constant brawling, Nintendo's Brawl servers often struggle to find other people for you to brawl with. Think of it as a multitask issue that this game suffers from.  

Volkenheim

Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff