Reply *~Purple Moonlight Haze~*
Classical music helps brain function?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Classical?
  Yes. It's amazing.
  No. Only old people listen to that stuff.
  I don't really pay attention
View Results

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:10 pm
I was thinking today since it has been observed that classical music can help brainpower....

Would having mentally challenged children listen to classical music improve their condition?

I'm not trying to be insensitive to the plight of mentally challenged children, it's just an honest question since it can effect other people's brains in such interesting way.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:29 pm
Classical, huh? How about instrumentals too? Do those counts?  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:04 pm
I was thinking about that and I'm not really sure.

I read in one of those articles that it's because the musical structure is more complex than modern music but I'm sure there are some modern composers that are the exception to that rule.

I've also read that it's specifically Mozart that it works with so it may only be Mozart that helps and he certainly isn't modern.

So I'm really not sure.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:30 am
Oh wow. But that's really cool. I have to admit the classical compositions like that of Mozart or Beethoven where amazing works. (Especially since Bethoven was deaf I think.)  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:37 am
They are amazing.

And it was Beethoven who was deaf. I was watching Amadeus, the movie of Mozart's life, in orchestra and asked my friend why he appeared to hear since I thought it was Mozart who was deaf. She gave me this weird look and said it was Beethoven who was.

Mozart is fascinating though, he gave so much to music that effects us today and we have no idea.
My orchestra teacher usually lectures on Mozart once a year so I've heard the Mozart lecture twice already.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:50 am
Hmn I dunno.

My mum got a big cd of Beethoven that I menat to upload onto my computer, but I forgot. Kinda wish i had it now to put on in the background. i've only got Gustav Holst's 'the planets' on my ipod classical-wise.

Maybe it's becaus eit's calming? Evene listening to apocalyptica (as in the chello rock band) is calming because there's no words. Its teh same with Nine inch nails ecause the lyrics and singing and music become like a drone, but have a lot of layers.

*le shrug*  

dragontamer363
Crew

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:51 am
I was looking around for classical stuf and I found this site for free downloads:

http://www.classiccat.net/

Any reccomendations?  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:12 am
really? kewl.. harhar..

Im listening to voltes five soundtrack while reading.. does this one count? haha  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:37 am
dragontamer363
I was looking around for classical stuf and I found this site for free downloads:

http://www.classiccat.net/

Any reccomendations?

Free classical music, you say?

I've recently become a fan of Vivaldi. The Four Seasons are win.

Bach is pretty cool too.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff