Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Jeri Smith-Ready // If you like vampires & rock n' roll...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rabid Nozomi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:07 am
You should totally read Jeri Smith-Ready. Her books Wicked Game and Bad to the Bone are awesome. The latter is coming out this summer.

The vampires are original, but not in the ridiculous "sparkly" sense. They're all stuck in time, the decades they "died" in. Anyway, they are all part of a radio station, WVMP, which is being threatened by a corporation that is trying to buy them out. These vampires need their music to stay connected with their time, or they'll fade away. So obviously this is a problem. The protagonist of the book, Ciara (keer-ah), an ex-con artist, is hired as an intern at the radio station. She decides, as a new marketing technique, to have the vampires pretend to be vampires publically. Of course, this causes problems with the real vampire society.

Shane, the main male vampire, happens to be a grunge rocker. Yum for me! xD And I definately love Jim, who's pretty much Jim Morrison. xD

Have you read them? If you haven't, go go go read!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:14 pm
Ohhh, I heard about that series. Totally forgot about it. I wasn't super-impressed by another book I read by the author (Eyes of Crow), so I dunno if I'll read that series.  

NightIntent
Captain

Rabid Nozomi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:10 pm
NightIntent
Ohhh, I heard about that series. Totally forgot about it. I wasn't super-impressed by another book I read by the author (Eyes of Crow), so I dunno if I'll read that series.
Oh you weren't? I liked that series.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:41 pm
It was decent, I guess, but I wasn't really inclined to read the second one. <.<" It was like two or three years ago, so I don't remember much of it, but if it had been super amazing I would've bought and read the other ones in that series a long time ago. I was expecting to like it, too, 'cause the short story she has on her website really piqued my interest. That was why I read the book in the first place.  

NightIntent
Captain

Mrs Dawn

Magical Girl

19,390 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:26 pm
One of my favorite authors, and her vampire books rock. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:29 pm
Wicked Game was ok, but not great, so I didn't bother with her other books.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces