Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]
[LOG] The beginning of change (Unus + Kosa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sergeant Sargent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:09 pm
User Image

Jaha-mnamo-Ukosa had been wandering for hours, following her nose. In her mouth she carried the white star flower given to her by the strange white male the night before, which thanks to the swamp’s harsh humidity had already begun to wilt, so that the petals now drooped. Although she was tired and soaked up to her knees, she held her head high, eyes full of purpose. Fatigue was no excuse for looking undignified.

The male’s scent was growing stronger. She would be there soon.

User Image

She had come upon his tree but there was no Unus no it seemed as though he had gone quite early. He had left to fing more things for the tan female he had gathered differet things he had found a grass necklace with a shell as the centerpiece, along with a hairpin that was shaped much like the flower he had given her. He knew she would probably hate both things but brout them any ways he then began to seek her out but on his way he caught a small antelope one he could easily carry in his mouth yet it was still big enough for a male for one. He then walked finally catching her sent he began to run a little as his eyes widened seeing her out infront of his tree. He slowed down to small walk confused to see her there. He would have called out to her but his mouth was full of a treat for her.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:49 pm
Kosa stood over the collection with the flower drooping from her maw. Her eyes were half-lidded, her expression unreadable. Then the sound of the male crashing through the brush drew her attention. She lifted her head slightly and turned to look at him with unchanging eyes. Finally she placed the flower on the ground beside the other trinkets the male collected.

“These are all for me, aren’t they?” she asked neutrally. She still didn’t know how to feel about this.

He dropped the small catched from his mouth before looking away stubbronly. "Maybe depends how I feel in a minute for you just barging in on my secert hide away." He said not seeming up set or pleased. He then looked back to her giving a small pout before nudding her the kill.

"So maybe is it." He huffed out before sitting down still barly meeting her eye either he was to bashfull or to stubborn to it wasn't quite clear.

"Well go on an eat it." He snapped a little before finally looking to her his cheeks having a faint tint of pink on them.

Sergeant Sargent

Sergeant Sargent

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:08 pm
Her ears flattened, but she spoke softly. “I’m not going to take orders from you or anyone. Do you expect me to be flattered after you talk to me like that?” She arched a brow at him.

He looked at her pouting as he seemed to be getting to borderline anger. "Fine don't then waste a good meal I went out to get you cause I thought I did something wrong. Excuse me!" He excplaimed the last bit louder the then rest. He moved over to his tree stretching out before laying down.

"Why should I care on making you happy all you do is shoot me down make me feel bad. Yes go on make ME that bad lion!" He yelled back at her venting a little.

"Just make yourself more lonely then you already are!" He contenued digging himself a deeper grave.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:41 pm
“I appreciate the gesture, but you need to control your temper,” she said sternly, barely raising her voice. “And for your information, sir, I did not come here to invade your space. I wanted to make peace with you. How do you think I feel now? Now that you’ve snapped at me and-and tried to make me out to be the bad lion.”

She shook her head, fury burning inside her and stinging her eyes. “And I never said I wouldn’t accept it. When you give someone a gift you can’t order them to like it, then it’s not a gift.”

"I wasn't even mad at you I was mad at myself." He said bluntly as he still didn't look to her. "You jump the clif more then anyone I've known you see things on what's only on the outside not for whats under neither. Here i spent all this time getting you things and yes I may have gotten aggirvated with you for stumbling on them before I was ready to give them to you. How the hell is a surprize supose to work when you know about it?"  

Sergeant Sargent

Sergeant Sargent

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:43 pm
Her shoulders suddenly drooped. Salty tears bulged at the edges of her eyes, causing her to tremble as she hid them. His words stung her so. She usually hid her loneliness so well, no one ever accused her of it before. And yet accusation seemed so appropriate. Only her lies brought her to this sorrowful place.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered. Her voice did not crack – it vibrated softly, casting off ripples.

She shifted her muddy paws. Her legs were soaked up to the elbows from treading through the swamp all day in search of him. She gasped softly, taking a little puff of air. Then she went quiet for a moment as she struggled to compose herself, the reverberations of her emotions causing her face to twitch and tighten subtly. As tears slipped down her dirty cheeks she bowed her head and licked her paw, foolishly hoping to distract from the fact that she was crying, though it offered a little comfort, too. “I didn’t realize it was a surprise.”

He smelt the salt in the air as soon as the tears began to welp in her eyes. He felt terrible he had snapped to hard and he had gone to fard. He had been right though she was lonely and now he had the chance to fix it. Or so he thought as he stood onto his feet moving over to her as heresting his neck over the back over her shoulders and neck.

"I... I'm sorry." He said softly. "I was just upset you can understand right?" He asked softly his ears flattening against his head. He then moved to meet her face as he rubbed her tears away with his own cheek nuzzling her softly.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:10 pm
Suddenly enveloped by his warm mane, another little gasp escaped her lips and with it another stream of tears wet her muzzle. She sat down beside him and buried her face in his thick fur. There was no point in fighting anymore. Her shoulders flinched with each quiet sob.

“I understand, I guess,” she whispered reluctantly, voice thick with fear. “I find it so hard to trust others… even when they have the best intentions. That was why I… said what I did the other night. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I only challenged you to bring me something because I thought you wouldn’t go through the trouble just to know my name. And now you’ve gone through so much trouble… just to find something to… to make me happy.”

She sniffled and hid her face in the thick fur under his chin. “I feel so confused…”

He blushed madly from her actions but he didn't pull away no he moved a bit closer sitting down beside her as he gulped a little a blush on his cheeks. "Heh...yeah well...Umm about that." He muttered out trying to get the words to form in his mouth.

"There something about you that I like...I don't know if ts you need for someone that you hide well or they way you make me so upset I can't stand to be near you." He said before closing his eyes as he began to groom her forehead softly not even being asked to.

"I...will say I don't like not being near you at times though. Foolish female making me think of you." He said with a pout but she could hear clearly that he didn't mind it. It was just something to tease her about that wouldn't cause a big fight. Least he hoped not.

Sergeant Sargent

Sergeant Sargent

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:36 pm
“You’re the silly fool.” So much time had passed since the last time a strange male groomed her so affectionately that she didn’t know what to do or how to feel about him, but in her heart she felt so tired. She leaned against him helplessly. His male heart thundered in her ears. Embers of an old flame glowed within her and burned and raged against her sorrow in a pillar of ugly black smoke.

She pressed her ears flat to her skull in defiance, saying tensely, “I don’t think I’m ready for this.” Her only child was grown with offspring of his own. In all that time, she never allowed a male this close to her. She didn’t want to have that feeling.

He blinked a moment stopping sudenly realizing he was going a bit far as he looked away. "Sorry." He muttered quickly before looking back to her a moment.

"I didn't mean to over step I just...wanted to comfort you." He said softly as if that would make it all better. "I don't normal go around grooming other let lone females." He said with a pout. "Your doing it again." He said with a small growl but it was just a cute litlte flustrated noise.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:54 pm
“I know.” She straightened and looked at him. Huri would have never backed away from her like that. Even when he physically backed away he kept coming at her from different angles, stirring up her emotions and driving her to want him in an aching, needful way. Maybe she’d been deceived so much she forgot how to recognize sincerity.

“My name is Jaha-mnamo-Ukosa. I told you it was long. My friends call me Ukosa or just Kosa.” She didn’t tell him her name because he’d made her happy. She wasn’t even smiling. She just felt that she should give him a chance.

The male looked to her giving just the slightest bit of detail of a smile but most of it was held inside. He was glad she fianlly had given her name as he looked to his paws kneeding at the ground a little before finally opening his mouth.

"Unuspuniceus..." He said softly but clearly.

Sergeant Sargent

Sergeant Sargent

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:14 pm
Ukosa nodded and mouthed his name. Her family all had traditionally long names, so she would have no trouble remembering his. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Unuspunices,” she said as if they were starting over. Yes, a fresh start. Maybe everything would turn out better this time.

"Pleasure's all mine Jaha-mnamo-Ukosa." He whispered softly to her with a smile before looking to the sky. "Its late...I can walk you back to the pride if you like." He boldly offered as he watched the other.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:23 pm
“What about your kill?” She didn’t want it to go to waste. Looking at the gazelle, she laid down beside the body. “We can eat it now. I’ve been walking for hours, I need the energy.”

He chuckled a little before nudging her to the kill. "Go on then." He said with a smile. "It was yours to begin with." He said with a small blush.

((End~))  

Sergeant Sargent

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces