Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Suggestions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:30 pm
Fresnel
DioxazinePlum
village midget
how about a subforum for religion debates?

or, even better, a subforum for internet meme type threads...you know those threads of which variables repeat in their thousands on nearly every online forum there is (eg. the abortion debate, the death penalty debate, homosexuality is right/wrong...etc etc)?

these topics obviously have their place and generate interest somehow as they keep coming in their droves...but to be honest it isn't just the spam and trolling that gets on my nerves in ed, it's the endless sea of threads on the same old tired topics clogging everything up.

Does it make more sense to have subforums for every general topic, Religion, Politics, Social, etc, or to have it all posted in the main forum, with the subforums for other stuff?
I'd have to vote with the mish-mash main forum. If you don't do that, people are going to want more and more piddly-s**t subforums, and there'll be nowhere to draw the line. Also, with the mish-mash, you don't have to check ten subforums to see if there are any topics worth responding to.

Quoted for truth.

It's best that everything "important" be visible from the main page. We get enough crap in the ED about "WRONG FORUM! THIS BELONGS IN THE _____!!"

And all I can see is "DIZ DUSUNT B-LONG HEAR!! ITZ GOEZ N DA REELIGUN PHORUM!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:07 pm
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
DioxazinePlum
village midget

or, even better, a subforum for internet meme type threads...you know those threads of which variables repeat in their thousands on nearly every online forum there is (eg. the abortion debate, the death penalty debate, homosexuality is right/wrong...etc etc)?

these topics obviously have their place and generate interest somehow as they keep coming in their droves...but to be honest it isn't just the spam and trolling that gets on my nerves in ed, it's the endless sea of threads on the same old tired topics clogging everything up.

Does it make more sense to have subforums for every general topic, Religion, Politics, Social, etc, or to have it all posted in the main forum, with the subforums for other stuff?
I'd have to vote with the mish-mash main forum. If you don't do that, people are going to want more and more piddly-s**t subforums, and there'll be nowhere to draw the line. Also, with the mish-mash, you don't have to check ten subforums to see if there are any topics worth responding to.

Quoted for truth.

It's best that everything "important" be visible from the main page. We get enough crap in the ED about "WRONG FORUM! THIS BELONGS IN THE _____!!"

Do you have the power to make subforums, Black Angel? I'm not sure.  

DioxazinePlum

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:09 am
DioxazinePlum
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
DioxazinePlum
village midget

Quoted for truth.

Do you have the power to make subforums, Black Angel? I'm not sure.

I don't believe I do, actually.  
Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces