Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:56 pm
User Image
He was getting old. It was a truth. Here he was, wandering around in his old age and not knowing what to do with his time left on this planet. He was starting to feel stiff in his joints now, but he didn't let that stop him. He pressed onwards, his red hide hidden among the vegetation when he could. He was getting to the age where if he had to run away-he couldn't. It was terrifying him and saddening him at the same time. He always pressed forward and he always kept a steady mind-though a lonely one.

He was ready to find a new home-someplace to stay where he could be safe and not worry about becoming someones meal. But where did one look? Everywhere he went, someone wanted to eat him. Everywhere he went, he couldn't find anyone to talk too without having to defend himself. He was getting tired of the anxiety and tired of being old. He needed some youth.

He had been traveling this way for a while and was now tired-lounging in some shade. He was especially tired at this moment, his beady eyes half lidded as he breathed through his large tusked mouth.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:19 pm
Sheng rested just outside his territory, taking a rest from the blazing sun in some shade. His paws crossed before him, lazing upon his side, head up and his gaze to the far horizon, watching herds and predators alike. Watching the circle of life take its route. The Lord was more deep in thought than actually watching the display of life before him. There were more pressing matters.

Mwana and he were completely ready for another litter. His first litter should be grown up and heading back from their trials and yet no signs of any of them. It was only until recently that worry started to drip into the back of his mind. Would his children return? Will the argument with his mate be worth it if there was no heir to proclaim? Still, he thought and hoped they would return back soon.

With a rough grunting roar, he allowed his voice be echoed across the savanna to know that this was his territory. Soon, he will have to return and continue his routines.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:03 pm
Pumbaa lifted his head and had to pant for a moment. The sun-it baked down upon him like it was frying him (no pun intended). His beady eyes were starting to water at the sight of the sun, and he had to hang his head-ears flopping-to shield his face. It was so hot. He almost felt his would be the end of him. He felt the perspiration running down his aged back. He had to find shelter or water soon-or he would perish.

He tredged on, his hooves dragging. What he would give for a juicy caterpillar to quench his thirst. He lifted his head feebily, staring around for anything promising. He bit in the distance looked good-so he headed that direction, his greying head tuft of hair so heavy with sweat it obscured his eyes.

"Come on ol' fellow... just a bit further!" He said to himself in a comforting tone-his tail standing more erect than before.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:12 am
Shortly after his territorial roar, he had spotted a rather... plump, delicious, alluring pig just off in the distance. Oh how it would taste to just sink his sharp fangs into and... Oh, Fu'ren would never forgive him if took this meal selfishly. But still, the thought was so amazing that he could almost taste the warthog already. With a lick of his lips, the Lord slipped into a prowl toward the prey.

Now. To play with his food or just outright eat it? Come to think of it, he never actually taught his children such rules so would this be a bad influence if they ever saw him doing this? ... Hell, they aren't here so they wouldn't see it.

Playing with food it is.

As the lion got closer, he did not bother hiding his presence entirely as a rumbling growl emitted from his body as he got closer.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:58 am
Pumbaa wavered to the side for a moment, his tongue panting. The heat, this terrible heat. Nothing to lull him, nothing to sooth the burning of his already red hide. He lowered his head, standing for a moment to regain some strength. He was to old-this was going to be the end of him if he didn’t do something soon. He was to young to die.. well… okay, he was really old but he was not ready. He lifted his head, blinking up at the sun with is small black eyes and opened his mouth-to beg the gods to let him live a little while longer-let him survive… But he found his voice and throat was so parched, he could barely call to them for aid. He lowered his head again, his knees buckling.

No… not now… he didn’t want to die.

He lifted his head slowly upon hearing the roar of a lion. He had lost his instinctual fear of lions long ago-back when he was young. He lifted his head higher, his tail lifting as well. A lion. That meant the possibility of food and water and shelter! He smiled, his legs now strong enough to move him forward towards the stranger. Even if he was turned away, the concept of a lion being able to survive out here meant that the proper supplies were around. Pumbaa would find them. He’d try. He simply beamed, his black eye watering in the sun.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:46 pm
Sheng hid no longer as the creature in mention started to head toward him as if uncaring if he was eaten or killed. The lord raised to his feet, his green eyes watching the warthog's movements as it approached even closer. What fool, such as this prey, would willing walk toward a predator? Was he seeking a death wish? If so, that could be arranged easily. Still, the reason piqued a slight interest. Never saw himself as the curious type, but for the sake of satisfying such feelings, he stood where he was as the warthog approached.

"What are you doing here, meat?" He growled, the last word dripping with anger and distaste. "Are you a fool to walk toward me? Even as I stand before you? Speak your reason before I decide to kill you where you stand and have my fill."

Like he said, what Fu'ren didn't know, could not hurt her.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:58 pm
Pumbaa had put past all his fear a long time ago. If he were to die-he would die. That was his way. He lifted his large head, looking at the lion with a rather peaceful look. Though he was weak and tired and very very hot, he did not falter as the stranger came closer. "I am traveling." He said simply, his dark eyes looking up at the lion.

"I am Pumbaa... I have been looking for ages for someplace that my old hooves can rest and be at ease... I am too old to be wandering like this." He looked down at his knobby knees. "Kill me if you please... for I am not afraid to die... I am only-afraid to die alone."

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:53 am
"A traveling warthog who seeks rest, and fears death only when alone," the lion replied, his tail flicking as if in thought. Interesting such a creature would stand before a lion, a predator, and talk without little fear of being eaten or dying for that matter. The lord smirked as he looked about. No one else around.

"I normally do not converse with that I would soon eat, but I will humor myself for the time being," Sheng added, settling himself down to his haunches. If Pumbaa was attempting to run, not only did he lie about not being afraid of being eaten and dying, but he would be more of a fool than originally thought. He was old and he had weak legs, apparently, and Sheng was a lion of immense strength that he could simply catch the warthog with very little effort.

"To come to a lion is putting yourself in its den, waiting to be eaten. You are fortunate my curiosity got the best of me," The lion started. "Seeking a place to rest? If you mean to live and live on your natural life, I may have a place for you, but I would be foolhardy if I can believe that something as old as you could do anything for my pride. If you mean to die and rest eternally, that is no problem at all. I know little of your species, as to how long they naturally live, only how they taste, so I cannot judge you by age. And if you were to live within my pride, which I would not suggest in a pride of lions, you won't die alone."

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:44 pm
He could tell that this lion was skeptical of him. Everyone was. He sighed, looking a bit hopeful at the lions words. "And I appreciate the gift of your time!" He said deeply, bucking his red head for a moment. "I only seek a place where I can live the rest of my days in peace and have a purpose... I am much more useful than for eatting!"

He sat down to rest his legs for a moment. "To die alone is my one fear... " He said rather sadly. "I have lived for quiet some time-I am not sure how long exactually... time has gone by so fast... it's been a long time-thats for sure." He said with a chuckle, keeping a cheerful attitude despite the danger.

"Your pride... You are a king then?" He asked

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:39 am
"That I am, I am Lord Sheng Kou of the Zhi Ming of the Tianxia pride. I will allow you to join us, and reserve my judgment as to if you are worth keeping with us. You do not have to come, but it is an offer that is currently on the floor for you to think about," The larger lion replied. Raising to his feet, turning his neck with a sickening crack, the Lord turned about and began to head back to his home. Taking small steps, he made no gestures for the warthog at all.

If Pumba followed, he had a chance to become a member and rest there for as long as he wanted. If he chose not to, Sheng could not care less. In fact, if he did join, he'd be tasked with the trouble of placing him somewhere that he was most useful. Something his age would clearly be difficult to put anywhere and make it useful.

Mwana would have his head for allowing such a creature. Hopefully, he was mannerful around her at least!  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:46 am
Pumbaa lifted his head and the smile across his face like none before. He bobbed his head and wiggling his tail. A place to rest! In a pride of lions! How fun! He blinked his beady black eyes.

"Oh My Lord. What an honor!" He said, following behind the lion with a prance in his step and his hooves clicking. He'd do anything to be able to rest and be peaceful. In a home. No more traveling. No more loneliess!

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games