Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Secret Society glitch?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:44 am
Ever since I got Apartment Life, my game seems to be spawning an unusual amount of SS sims. I'd never actually seen one in my game before AL, but now I have them everywhere in my University. They move in as dormies, I saw about five in a community lot... is this a glitch, or did my game just finally decide to give me my Secret Society?

Edit: Do BV, Freetime and AL all have SecuROM? How damaging is it anyway?

User Image

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:10 pm
There is a hack available at MATY (moreawesomethanyou) that stops SS members from respawning once you either move them out or kill them off. Its called 'nossrespawn'.

I personally have always had about 5 or 6 different SS members per uni hood which do indeed live in some of the dorms.

As to your second question, yes. I know FT and AL have SecuROM and I think BV does too.
How damaging it is seems to depend on the individual machines. The most it has ever done on my machine is to sometimes refuse to run the Sims 2 game due to 'an emulation software conflict'. I click the icon again and the game runs fine.
Some people have reported that it has stopped their machine running all together and they have had to totally format.
I would imagine that if you don't have any emulation software or disk copying programs which would let you make illegal copies then you should be ok.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Sanus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:36 pm
Ooh. Okay, thank you. c:

Ah, good. I haven't even noticed it on my machine, but I was curious about it in the long run. Thank you for answering my questions.

User Image

Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff