Welcome to Gaia! ::

HIMYM : How I Met Your Mother

Back to Guilds

for all HIMYM fans, and fans of the actors 

Tags: jason segel, alyson hannigan, neil patrick harris, josh radnor, cobie smulders 

Reply HIMYM : How I Met Your Mother
Right place, right time [Spoiler inside]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think Stella is the mother?
  Yes
  No
View Results

rickere

Obsessive Cultist

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:32 am
Since it's hinted at the Stella being the mother( it hasn't specifically said she's the mother) i was wondering what everyone thought, and if this could be the final season, since there's only 2 episodes left, it's possible.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:12 pm
Maybe, but I think the episode was just for a little drama to lead up to a fifth season.  

Greed001

Diamond Strawberry

Northawke_rs

4,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:35 am
I don't think it's her. I think Stella is what leads to meeting the actual mother. After all, we know the mother is the owner of the yellow umbrella. Ted has had that thing lying around for ages. I'm sure it would've rained at some point during their relationship and she would have mentioned something about it. No, I'm positive that Stella's the link to Ted's future wife.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:44 am
I'm going to be pissed if this is the last season. But even if they do reveal the mother, do you really think they couldn't continue the show? I mean, I know it wouldn't really about him meeting their mother anymore, but he could still tell funny stories and the like!

ps. actually, i think i'll be even more pissed if it IS Stella. She's my least favourite character and I've barely rewatched any episodes with her in it.  

A Panda Epidemic
Captain

Flycker

2,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:34 am
They could still continue it if the mother was met in this season. I mean it's How I met your mother, but what about what made her special. WHat made her pass Lily's front porch test. What about the wedding. They could probably go a good season with that.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:32 am
Actually, i never really thought about it. There probably will be a new series, i've been reading about the next episode. Stella is back, and more than likely she's just a link, I don't think Ted would forgive her for what she did.

I guess making a season about the mother wouldn't be so bad, but the problem is, it's more than likely some random person. Which if it is, will dissapoint me. I mean, you've been waiting for years to find out who this mother is, and if it's just some random woman, you'll be like 'Uhh, ok then, who's that'  

rickere

Obsessive Cultist

Lindsay87

6,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:54 pm
im pretty sure the stella story is finished...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:09 pm
I don't think Stella is the mother. In numerous episodes before Ted says that him meeting their mother has something to do with a yellow umbrella. I haven't seen any episodes myself that had to do with Stella and the yellow umbrella (at least I have, I've missed a few episodes). And Stella has a child of her own. It doesn't imply anything of Ted having a child that doesn't belong to him. That's just what I think.

Plus I think it'd be a little early to end the show. Successful sitcoms can remain on the air for a while. I mean, Friends was on for a LONG time. I think How I met Your Mother has some more to go. At least I hope so.  

Fenris Fire

mcmuffinpants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 pm
Nooooo~~~ No one had to be the mother and the show can go on forever biggrin But if they do find out the mother then maybe they can still continue it. But I doubt it'd last longer then just another season *pouts*. Oh well...least we will always have our funny moments...like when Barney is denied his high fives biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:43 pm
No way, he already said if she was the mother the whole story would have ended with the wedding and the kids would be blond.  

MekLoud

HIMYM : How I Met Your Mother

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff