village midget
Misses Brinks
village midget
magmayoshi
Fresnel
Misses Brinks
I honestly could care less how a man lost his ear.
It doesn't really change my outlook on his art.
Yeah, I kind of have to agree. Why does how he lost his ear matter so much? Or is it just something people want to know for the sake of knowing it?
Eh boredom, free time, and if you let one lie go there might as well be ******** unicorns. The usual BS, curiosity and people just like ******** up s**t making the costs of said paintings swing one way or another.

that, and - for some people - there is more value to Van Gogh's work because they believed he produced admirable paintings whilst being so craven with mental illness and out of touch with reality that he cut off his own ear.

it's a bit like feeling that a painting done by a child is very good, even though the standard is terrible when compared with all the other art out there, because you make concessions for the fact it was painted by a child... eg. "that is incredible considering it was done by a six year old".

if Van Gogh wasn't really so mad that he was struggling with reality, and he was just your average depressed soul, perhaps his paintings are less impressive...
Makes sense. :/
Like that painting the elephant did I suppose..?
Thailand or one of the countries in that area train elephants to copy paintings. They sell extremely well to tourists.

eek pardon? lol, what elephant?