Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Star
  Trek!
View Results

Living Ink
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:40 pm
eek How is it possible that no one has started a thread on this yet?

Okay, once that movie comes out I want to see some discussion here!!!  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:24 am
Okay, that was a marvelous movie. Since I can't say too much without ruining the plot for everyone, I'll just stick to saying that they managed to incorporate a good bit of humor without making it a farce. I found it thoroughly enjoyable! 3nodding  

engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150

faron the assassin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:44 am
i hate startrek  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:43 am
With all the episodes and books out they could have done a whole lot better with the characters. As for the "science" their was none that could work by any standards. Go to Star Gate SG-1 if you need any theory on black holes. It follows along with what every scientist in the known verse can tell you about them. We don't even know if they open into our galaxy at all much less than even a photon can get through it! I hate Sci-Fi movies with no "Science" in it. It's like fingernails on a blackboard to me....

SeashellSeal

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100

Ganrlin

6,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:08 pm
Kerys
With all the episodes and books out they could have done a whole lot better with the characters. As for the "science" their was none that could work by any standards. Go to Star Gate SG-1 if you need any theory on black holes. It follows along with what every scientist in the known verse can tell you about them. We don't even know if they open into our galaxy at all much less than even a photon can get through it! I hate Sci-Fi movies with no "Science" in it. It's like fingernails on a blackboard to me....

That's why this is science FICTION. And as for fullfilment of your need for sci-laden media, just zone out with Fringe. Now THERE is a damn good sci-fi show!! They actually cover sciences that are being or have been delved into, though most of it is either theoretical, or just plain old metaphysics. The storyline as such is a bit drawn out at points, but its still an amazing show. Star Gate SG1 was good as well, but it's just not as good as the Trek. And this is a fan forum thingy for all Sci Fi, so carefull what you write. Some trekkers might spam you with flaak and trust me, flaak aint fun.... neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:13 pm
faron the assassin
i hate startrek

scream scream scream scream scream  

Ganrlin

6,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Living Ink
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:27 am
Ganrlin
Kerys

That's why this is science FICTION. And as for fullfilment of your need for sci-laden media, just zone out with Fringe. Now THERE is a damn good sci-fi show!! They actually cover sciences that are being or have been delved into, though most of it is either theoretical, or just plain old metaphysics. The storyline as such is a bit drawn out at points, but its still an amazing show. Star Gate SG1 was good as well, but it's just not as good as the Trek. And this is a fan forum thingy for all Sci Fi, so carefull what you write. Some trekkers might spam you with flaak and trust me, flaak aint fun.... neutral

Welcome! I was beginning to think this thread was dead, so I'm glad someone showed up.  
75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games