Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
empathic abilities??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXrainbowrazorsXx

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:44 am
i have been an empath for a few years now, but my gift is not very strong i was wondering if there was anything i can do to strengthen my gift or will it develop over time??  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:50 am
Empathy is tricky. It may get stronger overtime. Try concentrating if you're impatient. Be careful though, I've known too many empaths who have mistaken another's feelings for their own.  

RubyLight

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:55 pm
I'm not of much help, I'm afraid. I had rather the opposite situation: My empathy is very strong, and I found it so overwhelming I've basically shut it down completely.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:48 pm
Morgandria
I'm not of much help, I'm afraid. I had rather the opposite situation: My empathy is very strong, and I found it so overwhelming I've basically shut it down completely.
Same. It got to be so bad that I had to detach myself frequently so that I could separate my emotions from others. I was almost making myself sick what with the amounts of nervous energy and depression I was getting off of people (high school, not fun).

You probably don't want it much stronger. It can become very bothersome and it's not one of those things you can turn off and on at will. Weaker might be better.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

raging-earth

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:41 pm
I'm coming apart at the seams...

I don't have much when it comes to empath abilities, but I would assume that it would get stronger the more often it is used and developed.

...pitching myself for leads in other people's dreams.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:56 am
I am also a very strong empath, and tho I agree that it can be bothersome at times, I have always looked to it as a gift. You must learn to be able to control it.

I use shielding personally. Create a boundary around yourself when you want to focus on your own emotions. This becomes easier with practice and you won't need to focus on holding the shield so much. I use this often in public places where there are a lot of people.

A good starting exercise to try would be to pick someone that your close to. I find it works better when you know the person like a relative, or close friends. Focus on how they are feeling at different times. You will know they're not your own emotions, and be able to separate them. As well as learning control over when you want to feel them.

I'm no expert myself, and still have difficulty at times with it. But I've found this to be a great start. I've used this when meeting new people, to know if I'd get along with them. I've also used it at job interviews, to get a feel for the manager and what my chances of getting hired are.

I hope this has helped, and that you won't give up on your gift. smile  

Reivyn-chan

Everything_In_Time

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:56 am
I'm also an empath, but see, I'm a physical empath, meaning that I feel when others are touched. Pain is possibly the strongest, but sometimes when I'm emotionally close to that person I can feel small touches too.
The only thing I can suggest is making a firm decision on whether to embrace it or not. Try paying a little more attention to what you yourself are feeling, and testing whether or not it's even possible that it's your feeling at all.
Best wishes, and blessed be! ♥
~Moone  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:40 am
Lunar Nexus
I'm also an empath, but see, I'm a physical empath, meaning that I feel when others are touched. Pain is possibly the strongest, but sometimes when I'm emotionally close to that person I can feel small touches too.
The only thing I can suggest is making a firm decision on whether to embrace it or not. Try paying a little more attention to what you yourself are feeling, and testing whether or not it's even possible that it's your feeling at all.
~Moone

i think i can feel physical feelings too.....like i can i can tell when someone has just had an operation. hurts like a b***h  

xXrainbowrazorsXx

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:53 am
xXrainbowrazorsXx
Lunar Nexus
~Moone

i think i can feel physical feelings too.....like i can i can tell when someone has just had an operation. hurts like a b***h

Actually, so am I. And I've created a word for it: morsapathy, made out of the Latin root words "morsus" and "pathos". I just thought we physical empaths should have our own term :3  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:02 am
bit of a mouthful, isn't it? blaugh well, it's nice to know someone cares about us having our own name. ^-^  

Everything_In_Time

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff