Where are you going?
  Heaven!
  You had to ask? (hell)
View Results

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:09 pm
At least according to these people, my god:

Quote:

FINDLAY, Ohio – A student at a fundamentalist Baptist school that forbids dancing, rock music, hand-holding and kissing will be suspended if he takes his girlfriend to her public high school prom, his principal said.

Despite the warning, 17-year-old Tyler Frost, who has never been to a dance before, said he plans to attend Findlay High School's prom Saturday.

Frost, a senior at Heritage Christian School in northwest Ohio, agreed to the school's rules when he signed a statement of cooperation at the beginning of the year, principal Tim England said.

The teen, who is scheduled to receive his diploma May 24, would be suspended from classes and receive an "incomplete" on remaining assignments, England said. Frost also would not be permitted to attend graduation but would get a diploma once he completes final exams. If Frost is involved with alcohol or sex at the prom, he will be expelled, England said.

Frost's stepfather Stephan Johnson said the school's rules should not apply outside the classroom.

"He deserves to wear that cap and gown," Johnson said.

Frost said he thought he had handled the situation properly. Findlay requires students from other schools attending the prom to get a signature from their principal, which Frost did.

"I expected a short lecture about making the right decisions and not doing something stupid," Frost said. "I thought I would get his signature and that would be the end."

England acknowledged signing the form but warned Frost there would be consequences if he attended the dance. England then took the issue to a school committee made up of church members, who decided to threaten Frost with suspension.

"In life, we constantly make decisions whether we are going to please self or please God. (Frost) chose one path, and the school committee chose the other," England said.

The handbook for the 84-student Christian school says rock music "is part of the counterculture which seeks to implant seeds of rebellion in young people's hearts and minds."

England said Frost's family should not be surprised by the school's position.

"For the parents to claim any injustice regarding this issue is at best forgetful and at worst disingenuous," he said. "It is our hope that the student and his parents will abide by the policies they have already agreed to."

The principal at Findlay High School, whose graduates include Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, said he respects, but does not agree with, Heritage Christian School's view of prom.

"I don't see (dancing and rock music) as immoral acts," Craig Kupferberg said.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:23 pm
Straight outta the 60's, goddamn. Turn that music down, ya hooligans.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:55 pm
I went to a school like that. Just having a girlfriend would have probably been enough to get expelled. Girls hair had to at least touch the shoulders and guys hair could never touch the neck or ears. It was pretty stupid.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:12 pm
Oh yes, that evil, evil rock music.

*Listening to Avenged Sevenfold.*

burning_eyes  

ArmasTermin

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:30 pm
Remember, Jerry Lee Lewis is the devil.

If rock is satan's music...
then what is this band's fan? Click image.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:22 am
I guess I'm ********, since I listen to Rammstein every so often.
And I have a girlfriend.
And we hold hands/kiss/hug, and spend lots of time together.

Guess there's a special place in hell for me.  

uryu ishida

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:48 pm
I can screw their logic about "rock being part of the counterculture" with Christian rock by this simple equation:

Rock music is part of the counterculture.

Christian rock is about Jesus and Christian values.

Therefore, Christianity is part of the counterculture.

It'll make their ******** heads explode.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:48 pm
Well, at least I'll know a lot of people when I get there.  

Man of the Demoneye

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:51 pm
Is that seriously about you?  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:17 pm
******** just transfer  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:37 pm
Requiem6661
I can screw their logic about "rock being part of the counterculture" with Christian rock by this simple equation:

Churches like that often frown upon christian rock music but instead sing the hymns of old.

I guess it should be noted that while that church follows through with the common perceptions of religious people not many people I know are really like that. I've gone to a church where the pastor teaches similarly, but the members of the congregation are pretty fun loving people. The main reason I dislike people who are strict about the religion is because then it further shows the stereotype of religion. I'm sure few people here would have guessed I am Christian. The thing is that something like this would obviously gain attention since it's so absurd. Most churches and religious people for that matter (that i know of) are no where near that strict. Since it's not extreme nobody cares. That's why Islam is so looked down upon. You hear about Achmed putting on a dynamite vest and blowing up an elementary school, but you don't hear of the thousands of muslims who keep their religion to themselves and have no hostile feelings for the infidels.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:04 am
Requiem6661

Christianity HAS ALWAYS BEEN part of the counterculture. Look at Jesus. He started the counterculture, and they nailed him to a ******** 2x4 for it.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:27 pm
Fresnel
Requiem6661

Christianity HAS ALWAYS BEEN part of the counterculture. Look at Jesus. He started the counterculture, and they nailed him to a ******** 2x4 for it.

That was such a horribly blunt statement, i actually lol'd XD  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:31 am
Anima_Raptor
Fresnel
Requiem6661

So did I XP  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

The Drildo

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:45 pm
Orkronos
Anima_Raptor
Fresnel
Requiem6661

So did I XP

Third. XD  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas