Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Obama and his silly promises. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you feel about gays in the military?
  Fine with it.
  Bullshit, get out of my army.
View Results

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:29 pm
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel

But the question remains: Why does that person need to know your sexuality? It serves no benefit in combat. If anything, it's good for a short conversation, or the set-up to sexual activity, the latter of which has no place in military service.

I can understand not wanting to have to hide it, but that's the choice you make. You have to decide if it's worth hiding your sexuality, for the sake of your country, or not.

Just like how I would have to choose whether it's worth cutting my hair off, for the same reason.

Incidentally, I have long ago decided that no, it's not.
And if you figure out that you're in over your head and it's much harder to keep it a secret than you thought it would be, you can't just QUIT. The only way out takes away your right to vote, your right to own guns, and you'll probably have a very hard time getting hired again anywhere else.

Well, if ANYTHING needs to be changed, it's that fact.

I understand why they impliment it. So people won't be able to cop out at the first sign of danger. But at the same time, there are legitimate cases like this, where one should not be penalized for being "unable to continue".
Yeah, instead you just pull a Max Klinger.

Elaborate?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Cpl. Klinger, from M*A*S*H? Was always trying to get out on a psychological discharge.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:16 pm
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel

But the question remains: Why does that person need to know your sexuality? It serves no benefit in combat. If anything, it's good for a short conversation, or the set-up to sexual activity, the latter of which has no place in military service.

I can understand not wanting to have to hide it, but that's the choice you make. You have to decide if it's worth hiding your sexuality, for the sake of your country, or not.

Just like how I would have to choose whether it's worth cutting my hair off, for the same reason.

Incidentally, I have long ago decided that no, it's not.
And if you figure out that you're in over your head and it's much harder to keep it a secret than you thought it would be, you can't just QUIT. The only way out takes away your right to vote, your right to own guns, and you'll probably have a very hard time getting hired again anywhere else.

Well, if ANYTHING needs to be changed, it's that fact.

I understand why they impliment it. So people won't be able to cop out at the first sign of danger. But at the same time, there are legitimate cases like this, where one should not be penalized for being "unable to continue".
Yeah, instead you just pull a Max Klinger.

Elaborate?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Cpl. Klinger, from M*A*S*H? Was always trying to get out on a psychological discharge.

Ah, I see.

When I Wikipedia'd the name Max Klinger, I got some weird artist from the 1800s.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash