Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Silent Hill Shatered Memories

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jniblick33

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:58 am
After reading about the newest Silent Hill game and it's transition to the Wii I was a little frightened. It was the first time a Silent Hill game would be on a Nintendo System and the control system seemed like it would be rather hard to use correctly. However as I read further in I began forget the smaller details and think only about the amazing concept behind it. As with the other Silent Hill games it is going to use small psychological things to terrify you but know they are made specifically to frighten you. I think the game looks great and I can't wait to see more about it. The only thing I was unsure about was the absence of weapons although it looks like it will make it even more frightening.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:20 pm
I am really looking forward to this game. When I read that the dialogue you choose and choices you make will affect the story, I really dug the game!
Lots of replay value, money not wasted.  

L a s t B a s t a r d

Rhed King

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:10 pm
well worth your money you say?

User Image
thought not.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:23 pm
I like the idea of not having any menus/loading screens, especially since that means no breaks from the gutwrenching terror I hope they install into this. I just hope the focus doesn't become too much on the monsters like it's been for the last few Silent Hills. It's all about atmosphere.  

RyomaKun1992

Polunareffu

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:02 pm
Ahh I can't wait, I think it looks awesome. I used to love playing Silent Hill on the PS. X]  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:42 pm
RyomaKun1992
I like the idea of not having any menus/loading screens, especially since that means no breaks from the gutwrenching terror I hope they install into this. I just hope the focus doesn't become too much on the monsters like it's been for the last few Silent Hills. It's all about atmosphere.

I think they're definitely going for more atmosphere in this game. They really want the player to be extremely immersed in this game. That's why they took out text and decided to have Harry say things out loud; it's more realistic that way. Also the radio static coming at you from the Wii-mote's speaker? Genius! Actually, now that I think about it, I think the game will have a really nice, healthy balance between monsters and atmosphere; especially because the monsters look different depending on how answer the profile, question thing and because the people making the game want to really create the feel of you yourself being in the game.
And as for the no fighting thing, I think it's definitely going to make things more frightening because you can only run or draw them off with flares. You don't have the comfort of a gun or crudely made weapon; you'll be on the edge of your seat a lot more.
Yes, it's definitely worth the money.

The Ice Maker

5,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Keeskee

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:27 pm
Two 'T's, sweetie.

Silent Hill has always been remarkable for their attention to true horror elements. I still hate the fixed camera gameplay, though I know it's considered something of a staple of SH games. But it does sound good!

If it has the fixed camera on the Wii, though... I shudder to think.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:43 pm
Keeskee

If it has the fixed camera on the Wii, though... I shudder to think.

I think it's behind the shoulder, with the ability to look behind you. I don't know if you have full camera control still.  

Waynebrizzle

RyomaKun1992

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:46 pm
The Ice Maker
RyomaKun1992

I think they're definitely going for more atmosphere in this game. They really want the player to be extremely immersed in this game. That's why they took out text and decided to have Harry say things out loud; it's more realistic that way. Also the radio static coming at you from the Wii-mote's speaker? Genius! Actually, now that I think about it, I think the game will have a really nice, healthy balance between monsters and atmosphere; especially because the monsters look different depending on how answer the profile, question thing and because the people making the game want to really create the feel of you yourself being in the game.
And as for the no fighting thing, I think it's definitely going to make things more frightening because you can only run or draw them off with flares. You don't have the comfort of a gun or crudely made weapon; you'll be on the edge of your seat a lot more.

You're right. Thinking about it I think this will be one of the more awesome in the series. Also, nice sig.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:15 pm
Maybe this is why they are taking combat out.

I've got to say, that isn't scary.  

Waynebrizzle

The Ice Maker

5,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:17 pm
RyomaKun1992
The Ice Maker
RyomaKun1992

You're right. Thinking about it I think this will be one of the more awesome in the series. Also, nice sig.

I agree! =D
And thank you! I like yours too! (Even if she's not amused, she's sooooo cute!) >u<

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:20 pm
Waynebrizzle

....Combat has always been this series' weak spot...but damn...  

-Hel the Reaper-

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:37 pm
-Hel the Reaper-
Waynebrizzle

....Combat has always been this series' weak spot...but damn...

"Ow stop hitting me James! Seriously!"  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff