Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
Random ponderings of a Hiding furry

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Told your parents about you being a furry?
  Yeah, they don't like it.
  Yeah, they don't really care.
  No, and they will never find out O.o
  Pollwhore option.
View Results

CodyDudeTm

Desirable Fatcat

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Champion 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:09 pm
I'm a furry. I'll announce it here. I will never say that to my mom and dad. I'd hate to have to. I'm proud of being a furry, it's just, my parents are like the epitome of "the religious family". If I brought up the subject of furries, they'd ask what it is, and then they'd think it would be weird. I'm their poster child, excellent grades, do chores, if not a little lazy. It would kill them...

But I love being a furry. It's awesome, imagining myself as a dragon... roaming the skys. I wouldn't even mind if I couldn't breathe fire. So. have you told your parents? How did they react?  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:30 pm
.....My mom caught me with a tail on. She asked me "Why the hell do you have a tail on!?" I told her that I was a furry. She then asked my sisther what a furry was, she gave her a bogus discriptoion, and now she thinks I have mental problems.....She never gave me a chance ot explain exactly what a furry was though...  

OiginalLimbershadow

icywind1980

Ice-Cold Neko

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:31 pm
I haven't lived with my parents for many years but they didn't show too much concern for any of my extra-curricular activities.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:56 pm
I think the term you're looking for is... otherkin.

But anyway, that's just nice. I mean, to shout out what you are and what you like! Now try it IRL, it takes some guts but you'll do it someday, I hope o:

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Kitsune_Lunami

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:15 pm
No, I haven't told them of my Kitsune counterpart. It's bad enough they're still confused with my Occult nature. But adding to it would be a bit odd. But I dun find a reason that I'd have too.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:00 pm
If not for the fact I started to attend cons, I would have probably kept my furry side a secret. But, you know, when asked about where I was going and what I was doing I was not about to lie.  

Selene Aries

Gennivieve

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:20 pm
Just to say.. if you want to keep it secret, that is, of course your prerogative. However.. if it ever slips, don't let them go find out what 'furry' is on their own, because people almost always see the bad side first. Be sure *you* explain it to them, and what it means to you.

I'm lucky in that my parents are very supportive. When they found out i was Bi and had a girlfriend, they didn't even blink. When I started making fursuits, it didn't make any difference to them. They love seeing the progress. They're proud becuase I'm using skills they taught me.

I say this not to brag, but to make a point: Sometimes, it's all in how you tell it. My aunt has a bad image of furries and doesn't like them at all. But she loves my suits. But I didn't describe it to her as "Hey, I'm a furry and I make fursuits" I tell her I make costumes. She loves to see them. She asked me how much a costume like that can cost, so I told her, and she seemed to find it more acceptable. Like, don't bill it as being a fur.

What do you like to do? Do you draw or write? For either of those it's easy to say "I make characters for stories" even if you can't write, sometimes it's enough for them to know some creative process is going on up there, as that is a healthy thing. Though.. yeah, some people are all "DOWN WITH CREATIVITY!" but those are hopefully rare >.>

Either way.. good luck with it. I'm not good at keeping secrets XD but if that's one you want to keep, I hope that you are able to.. at least till you're ready to tell smile  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:50 am
User Image
I don't need my parent's approval to be who I want to be.

I'm not the only furry in my house though, my sister is a scaley. :>

Anyways, I'm moving out within the course of the next year, meaning it won't matter what they think about who I am.

User Image  

Mintea Drops

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,250 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:10 pm
Mintea Drops
User Image

Anyways, I'm moving out within the course of the next year, meaning it won't matter what they think about who I am.

User Image

Yeah what she said. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:08 pm
Mintea Drops
User Image

User Image

OH SWEET, CAN I COME? 8D

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Mintea Drops

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,250 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:55 pm
[-Erik-]
Mintea Drops
User Image

User Image

OH SWEET, CAN I COME? 8D
User Image

SURE WHY THE ******** NOT? :>

MORE THE MERRIER

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:55 pm
Mintea Drops
[-Erik-]
Mintea Drops
User Image

User Image

OH SWEET, CAN I COME? 8D
User Image

SURE WHY THE ******** NOT? :>

MORE THE MERRIER

User Image

Right O:

I'll quite my current job at Burguer King and get a new job at a closer one!

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:35 am
I've never seen the concept of being "furry" to be as life-consuming and radically polarizing than, say, being gay or Buddhist or a Trekker. I mean, I like the art and like to discuss the sociological implications, but I rarely associate the fur culture as being a laid-out minority. So as a result, I don't think I can add too much to this subject.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:14 pm
RyanJakobi
I've never seen the concept of being "furry" to be as life-consuming and radically polarizing than, say, being gay or Buddhist or a Trekker. I mean, I like the art and like to discuss the sociological implications, but I rarely associate the fur culture as being a laid-out minority. So as a result, I don't think I can add too much to this subject.
Same here. Like my friends don't see that it's bad. My brother doesn't freak out about it. I don't tell my parents just because they don't need to know what I like since I grew out of the stage of having to tell them every little thing about me. Theres this one guy who brings up about it to me telling me I'm wierd but my group of friends don't even take notice of it and just look at the guy say in their minds "So?".  

BenjaminSS1990

650 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
Adult Furries Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items