Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:04 pm
Quote:
This thread is a placeholder. Please feel free to post if you want, but there's nothing here yet.

When there is something here, you'll know, because the thread name will change, and there will be some kickass art in this post.

Yes, it will be big. But I'll have thumbnails set up so you can click them to see the full sized images.

And yes, it will involve Nosgoth. If not, why would I make the placeholder here?

And also yes, I'll have Kain move the thread to the art forum when I'm done posting the pieces of art.

Or better yet, no I won't get Kain to move it. I'll get on Vamp Raziel and do it myself later on.

I'll start posting the pics tonight.

Let me explain the style of art below this part of the post.

As far as I know, there is no actual name for the art I do. It's tattoo designs, to say the least, but not the way you're used to seeing them. I refer to them as Tribal Designs or Bladed Tattoos or Tribal Blades.

It's actually none of the above. There is no name for them. But it's what I draw, it's what I do, and I'm very good at it.

If I don't like something, it never gets seen by anyone but me and Kain.

Now, these (obviously) aren't all there is, but the others haven't been digitized fully yet. I'll start this with a list of them all, the ones struck out are featured below. I will continue to add more as I finish them. I think they are now in ranking order...

Vorador's Dragon
Kain
Raziel
Turel
Dumah
Rahab
Zephon
Malchiah

User Image
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Please Note: These are thumbnails. This is NOT the actual size of the images. They look much better full sized. Due to several of us being on dialup (we know who we are), I have made it easier to load the thread. If they were full sized, loading the thread would take all night.

To view the full sized image, click the corresponding thumbnail.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:07 pm
And why are we not, ya know, just putting this in the art forum now?  

Kain Balance Guardian
Crew

Vampire

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:21 pm
Cuz I want people to see my hard work? And not everyone checks their guild list by clicking 'Guilds' (in the community drop down). Some still go straight to the 'My Guilds' list, so they'd never know there was a new thread in the art sub-forum.

Edited for clarification (I hope).  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:37 pm
That statement makes no sense.... A post anywhere in the guild still makes the guild post count go up....  

Kain Balance Guardian
Crew

Vampire

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:42 pm
Personally, I never pay any attention to post count. I don't know how many people in the guild do count the posts, or keep track of how many posts were in the guild when they got off the night before. Plus putting the thread in the Art Share means that those that follow post count would have to look through all the sub-forums to find the brand new post.

The thread will be moved there, just not yet. Give it a day, okies? Heck, I'll move it myself tomorrow if you don't get to it first.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:48 pm
eek

I think I can safely say that this is the awesomest awesome to ever awesome in the hisrtory of awesome awesomenesses. Like cool beans covered in awesome sauce.

At least untill the next lok game comes out that is. xp

But seriously, that is fantastic. It looks like a mix of celtic knotting and tribal designs. If I ever get an LOK tattoo, would you mind if I got one of yours? xd

And I understand why this isn't going in the subforum. Not a lot of people actually go there anymore.  

Scrab Demon

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:22 pm
It will go there, but not until Thursday evening my time. I want to give people a reason to keep checking the art subforum. And if I'm uploading these over time, then it should get more traffic than it gets now.

Maybe you people will feel like drawing some more again. ^.^

And if you use it as a tattoo, don't edit it in anyway. (except to make it smaller or something.)

Remember, the art is mine, but the design belongs to Eidos. And they don't know I did this yet. I was going to email them when they were all done. If they want to buy them for use, then... a contract will be made up for them.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:08 pm
Posting it here then defeats the purpose of having the art forum..

There's no point in people using it if your just gonna post in the main forum, so it gets no traffic, so people don't post in it...  

Kain Balance Guardian
Crew

Vampire

Wraith Raziel Vampire

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:16 pm
It was posted in the main forum to show that there was art going into the Art Share sub-forum.

Dunno why all the hub-bub, it's moved now anyway, and there will be a thread in the main forum pointing here, just in case no one else knows there's a new thread in Art Share.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:29 am
You know, I think the dark gifts from blood omen 2 would look effing briliant in this style, especially the one for the Sarafan Lord.  

Scrab Demon

Kain Balance Guardian
Crew

Vampire

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:47 pm
I think I am beginning to understand the mentality of people who purposely place ad threads in the Gaia Guild forum...  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:39 pm
But an ad here in the main forum isn't a bad thing when the ad is removed later on.

Is there actually a rule stating that there should be no art threads in the main forum?  

Wraith Raziel Vampire

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:07 pm
Kain is linked in the first post. Click the thumbnail to view the full sized version.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:49 pm
Absolute badassness. xd  

Scrab Demon

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:13 pm
And finally (for now) Vorador's Dragon! This image was not available ANYWHERE online. So I had to play the game, and take a screenshot with a digital camera to get the image, then a lot of graphical work to get it so I could trace the flippin outline.

I'm sure you're wondering about the eye, huh? Well, I wasn't gonna leave it in, but I got too used to seeing the eye, that not seeing it just looked wrong.

As to why I put it in in the first place... Well, why not?  
The Sarafan Stronghold - Art Share and Mini Shops

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games