Reply Avatar Talk
Have you been cloned? Outfit Thievery. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Outfit thievery -
  Is no big deal. Spread the inspiration.
  Is petty. Why can't they create their own?
  I love it. Imitation is the strongest form of flattery.
  Touch my item combos and face my wrath? D=
  Accidents happen, but if they did it on purpose I'd be upset.
  Who the hell cares?
View Results

`Monox!de

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:50 am
Dorg Endo
I've been accused more then once of copying candycrack rofl which I never did (anything simular was coincidence) plus I think we have different tastes for sure.

Accidents happen, but if they did it on purpose I'd be upset
Thats how think of it. Sometimes I will see someone, never met them before, and they have some things in my common with my avatar (or maybe I had the idea after them-doesn't matter it was just coincidence).

HOWEVER, when people purposely take your idea, item per item, that isn't cool. The worst incidence of this that happened to me was from this fan stalker girl who got every item my avatar was wearing except for 2 more expensive items (even got same hairstyle and eyes at the time) then paraded around posting where I posted gonk . Luckially she went away after 2 weeks, probably to stalk someone else, and I was at ease again. Purposely copying just ain't cool.

And most of the time copying someone isn't funny even if they meant it to be, better be safe then sorry.

//stop copying cc. o:< xD < 3//

//anyway, i can't say i've been copied before ever. so yeah, thankful for that. and now i know that as soon as i post this i'm going to get some crazy stalker that dresses like me. gonk //

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:18 pm
Never been accused.
I've copied CC a few times for fun, but she was fully aware of it.
I've seen people get accused of copying from me though.  

Menstrual Cramps

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300

[ insert name ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:57 pm
[ insert name ]
My outfits are way too unique to be cloned. :3
Who the ******** is this dipshit?

:<

I honestly don't think I've ever had any of my avatars cloned, because I generally stay underground.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:16 pm
Only once. It was one of my friends, and I got kind of a kick out of it. It was a variant of this outfit, too, with different colors. But she had her own details, and kept her hair and eyes, so it was different enough that we matched, but not TOO much matching.

Then later - much later - I found someone whose outfit was remarkably similar to mine, even with the colors... but that was probably a coincidence.  

Lucca Ashtear

Chibi Sakura-San

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:56 pm
It annoys me.
><;;
Parts of my avatar have been stolen.
And that could be a coincidence, but I asked and they said yes.
D:
I've never had an all-out copy, though.
Just minor parts (like head layering, torso items, etc.).
:/

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:11 am
Kindofish. I made a really nice tektek for a contest, that I didn't win, and then I see this person win 4 or 5 avatar contests with an avatar with maybe 2 item changes from the original tektek - and they weren't even the same person who held the contest.  

Pixie Saylor

Dapper Capitalist

6,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Wintzi

8,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:45 am
A couple weeks ago I had this fangirl who was like obssessed or something.

Everytime I changed my avatar, she made hers looks EXACTLY like mine. It was really annoying. So everytime I saw "Hey, nice avatar" in her comments, I wanted to scream at her. XD

But my avatars really aren't all that great. I'm not original. I'm just always in "throw random crap on" moods. <333  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:31 pm
I remember I had a "rate me" thread in the AT once.
This guy came along and gave it a ten, then copied it and entered the AA with it and top 10'd.
I was like, WTF!!!!?? D:<  

Sul Ponticello

Tokimons

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:00 am
It happened to me on one occasion, back in '04 on my first account (Eebul), but it hasn't happened since. I think if I were to see someone copy me, I'd be flattered... yet irritated at the same time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:15 pm
Well, I have this "friend" who copies my ideas for the Tektek. D:< She ACTS and TYPE like me! mad I get SO mad. D:<  

~Angelina Elven~

Padunka

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:03 pm
Yes. D< I've had like 2 outfits I remember noticing pretty much the exact same outfit on someone else like a day later in some of the threads I would go to.. >> I was pissed.. for about 5 minutes.. then I get over it and change.  

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games