Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Advise me, GGE (Time is a factor)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:55 pm
I'm going paintballing tomorrow in a standard woodland Louisiana environment.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Like that.

I want to be optimally camouflaged but have yet to get any camouflage pants. I have standard US Woodland, Felcktarn, ACU, and MARPAT jackets, but no matching pants. I do have some that look kind of like the standard US Army Woodland but with many splotches of white for a snowy environment (bought from a Wal Mart in Louisiana where it doesn't snow. Can anyone say WTF?) but don't want the flecks of white to give me away. My other option is to wear black jeans and tie one of my jackets around my waist by the arms.

I can't decide which would be better. Last time I did the second jacket thing, but I don't know. Really need some camo pants.

EDIT: The time in which the game would be occuring would be around 4:30 to 8:00 PM.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:32 am
Ghillie suit.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I've seen some at Military surplus stores.
At least the netting kits.

Well, you don't necessarily need matching pants, just another piece of camo that works with the background.

You could stain the white blotches with either paint or mud. Have you tried that?
Mud would probably be better.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:13 am
I'd go with the white pants, if the splotches of white are reasonably small. People will assume it's a shiny rock or a beam of sunlight... it's not optimal, but it's more likely they'll see movement than it is they'll see the camo.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:19 pm
If the white isn't noticable too much, go with that. hopefully there will be some white flowers around there. That or just plain brown workpants if you have them.  

Man of the Demoneye

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:33 pm
Well this topic is moot now. Went to see Angels & Demons with my dad and my sister tagged along. She wanted to walk around the mall instead of watch the movie so we ended up walking around said mall looking for her for 20 minutes after the movie because she wouldn't answer her damn cell phone. So there was no time to make it to the meeting place where we'd all go to the guy's house with the woodland area we'd play in.

Stupid girl... stressed  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:04 pm
You can scribble out the white with a sharpie.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:43 am
ArmasTermin
Well this topic is moot now. Went to see Angels & Demons with my dad and my sister tagged along. She wanted to walk around the mall instead of watch the movie so we ended up walking around said mall looking for her for 20 minutes after the movie because she wouldn't answer her damn cell phone. So there was no time to make it to the meeting place where we'd all go to the guy's house with the woodland area we'd play in.

Stupid girl... stressed

Well, more time to hit up Surplus stores. :/

My sister's the same way.
We stopped by sportsmans a while ago and my sister came along. Ended up leaving after 5 or 10 minutes because she wouldn't stop bitching.

Oh but when it's the ******** mall, her cell phone magically doesn't get reception when ours does and we have to look for her for about an hour.

Now that she can drive it doesn't really apply anymore.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:03 am
OberFeldwebel
ArmasTermin

Stupid girl... stressed

We stopped by sportsmans a while ago and my sister came along. Ended up leaving after 5 or 10 minutes because she wouldn't stop bitching.

Oh but when it's the ******** mall, her cell phone magically doesn't get reception when ours does and we have to look for her for about an hour.

Should have snuck up on her and called her phone. Then when she doesn't answer it, drop the B&hammer.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
ArmasTermin

Stupid girl... stressed

Should have snuck up on her and called her phone. Then when she doesn't answer it, drop the B&hammer.

We were calling her because we couldn't find her.
But yeah, even if we did catch her she'd lie out of it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:44 pm
Sorry about the lack of paintball-age =(

But id recommend wearing colored pants, i.e. brown or green instead of all black bottoms. Thing is, in the woods, if we can see yur legs, its only because your moving or layed out on the ground and someone is flanking you. If your legs are solid black, those fast moving vertical line would be pretty easy to see. Also, you mainly only want the gillie camo up top and keep your legs clear so the rags wont trip you up.

So yeah, no solid black on the legs. If anything, go to Walmart and buy some brown/green cargos. Baggy clothing is your friend when playing paintball.  

Anima_Raptor

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff