Submit

help please?
  sure!
  Sorry. Can't help. T_T
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:04 pm
Hi everyone! Is anyone skilled with these two programs or at least dreamweaver? I've been trying to create something on these and I'm a little confused. If someone knows how to create an image map from image ready to dreamweaver so I can upload it onto the web, Can you help me out please?

If no one knows...thank you for reading this anyways! ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:29 pm
I have very little experience with Dreamweaver.....had to make two web pages for my Digital Design class. But I don't believe I have the knowledge for what you're asking. >.<  

0Moon_Maiden0

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:44 pm
Oh! I'll explain more and show images to everyone so it's easier for someone to help me! ^_^
This is what my image looks like:
User Image

What I want to do:
*using the slice tool I "cut" around the pm hair image only. Then I made it a link to a bigger image located on my photobucket account. Imageready even made a code for it to work. But there's a problem. You see, according to some tutorials I need dreamweaver to upload the coding that imageready gave me so it works. (So basically. If you were to click on the 40 point pm hair image...it takes you to a big image of that hair so you see this. I got imageready to do it smoothly but the html code:
(I made it tiny so it doesn't take up too much room. Just copy and paste it and you can read it better.)
Quote:

Purple

<!-- ImageReady Slices (Purple.psd) -->

<!-- End ImageReady Slices -->

Doesn't work unless I upload it to dreamweaver I heard...and also I learned that I have to upload dreamweaver to something to make it work on the web. I'm trying to make this for the contest room area. I can't get my imageready image map to work so I can place it on gaia. crying

What I need help with is:
How do I take this imageready file (I already save optimize as "html and images". And upload it to dreamweaver then upload that dreamweaver file to the internet so that it works smoothly so I can upload that file to gaia? I don't really want to a make a webpage. I want to make this image only so that it works like an image map.

PS: If this is hard to read let me know. I'm not sure if i explained it right. Sorry. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:37 am
opps! im really terrible at this -.-" i remember i sturggled 2 years ago when i have to take up computer lessons in school which are compulsory): its 2 whole years long and i was barely surviving it.. i remembered studyign about this and doing a project on it, and, thats all sweatdrop  

Fate-J

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:33 am
lol Aww..thanks though Moon and Fate. I've been also looking online for help but nothing works. It's like...I know how to make the slices and everything. When I do the preview part it shows fine but I don't know how to upload so that it works. >_< That part is hard b/c imageready splits it into two files. HTML and images folder files instead of just one file. And the html really doesn't work right only in the preview on imageready... (I'll do more research later. ^^)
This topic is still open though if anyone can help! ^^  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:42 am
We failed our queen.... crying

sweatdrop wink  

0Moon_Maiden0

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:20 am
lol
All is forgiven. *does the elegant wave*  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:24 pm
OK! Nevermind everyone and thanks to anyone who posted!!

UPDATE: I finally figured it out by playing around and the good thing is that once I'm done with setting up which should maybe take a few weeks or two... >_> The contest room will be upgraded and more fun hopefully. It's just a lot of work so please bear with me. It took me a whole two weeks to figure this out. Ugh. lol

Thanks~

Moonlight.  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out