Reply *~Purple Moonlight Haze~*
Late Sleepers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wake-y wake-y!!
  *yawn*
  *jumps out of bed* Yeah! It's a new day!
  *Frowns* grrr....
  *silence* .................
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:29 pm
So who here likes to sleep in or who can't stand to sleep longer than a certain amount of time and has to wake up?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

I usually have a sleeping time frame. I can only sleep for a certain amount of hours and then have to wake. And if I wake up I can't just fall back asleep. I've heard a story from one of teachers or how she went to live with another family in another continent (I think germany?). She said how they pull down these heavy window covering and it closes off light completely and how she slept for a few days until someone woke her. I didn't think that was possible. o_o'
Can you do that? ^^"  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:36 pm
I love sleeping...even though at times I feel like I'm wasting my life by just staying in bed. But my bed is so comfy and I love dreaming.....especially when they're really good ones..... wink *cough* -ahem-

The longest I've slept for was about 14 hours....and the shortest was about 3 hours.  

0Moon_Maiden0

Docxime

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:45 pm
i do love to sleep but my body wakes me when its ready lol.
i can fall back to sleep after that but i wake up every half hour like clockwork.
i can also sleep through about anything except someone opening the door to my room (i have to with my drunkard housemates' 3am antics).

but if i'm ill i can sleep indefineately.

i couldnt sleep in a blacked out room indefinately, i tried it once and woke up about 3 hours later thinking i'd slept for about 8 hours till i checked my watch.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:06 pm
Okay, here's the usual schedule for schooldays-
Sunday: Wake-up at around 7:30-8:00, go to sleep at 11 PM.
Monday: Wake-up at 6:00-6:15, go to sleep at 11 PM.
Tuesday: Same as Monday.
Thursday: Same as Monday.
Firday: Wake-up at 6:00-6:15, go to sleep at 12:00-2:30 AM (usually).
Saturday: Wake-up at 9:00-12:30, go to sleep at 12:00-2:30 AM (usually).

Now for Summer break-
After school's out, about a week I'll usually be used to the same schedule as the schooldays, but I go to sleep later. At, like, 1:00-2:00 AM instead of 11 PM.

Several weeks into the break-
Wake up at about 12:00-1:00 PM every day, go to sleep at about 1:00-2:00 AM every day (sometimes up until 4:00, maybe 5:00 depending on what I'm doing.)

About when Summer Break's coming to an end-
Wake up at about 12:00-1:00 PM, go to sleep about 12:00. Then sleep at 11:30 the next day, and I keep going to sleep earlier to get used to school. I also starts waking up earlier the more I sleep earlier.

Oh, wow. This is pretty big just for times of when I wake up and go to sleep...  

Death Shikaku

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:29 pm
During the school week I'll sleep from anywhere between 9:30PM to 6:00AM.

Some nights I fall asleep later or some mornings I sleep through my alarm, which goes off at 5. It really just depends.

I love sleeping in though. I'm a night owl so if I could sleep whenever I wanted, like during summer break, I'd be falling asleep anywhere between 2AM-6AM and waking up anywhere between 11AM-2PM.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:00 am
I've slept i til 2pm before.. I couldn't belive it! lol

My sister's terrible - you rarely ever see her emerge out fo her bedroom before midday, unless it's a scool day of course.

Uni's made me lazier I admit since the earliest lectures we'd have is 9.15, and they were rare. However this past month I'd been quite good and getting up at 8.30 every day to work.
I like to go to bed late, so I tend to lie in. But nowadays i'm going to bed at midnight -12.30 so that's fine. I try to get a minimum of 6 hours sleep, ideally 8  

dragontamer363
Crew

Fate-J

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:34 am
My sleeping time is really irregular >.<
Normal school days dont give me enough time to sleep! And unfortunately, Im the kind who NEEDS alot more sleep than usual cause if not my skin condition will be terribleD: So you can guess how my skin is when school is on. I usually wake up at 5.30, my body sort of 'attune' to it so I might not notice Ive woken up until I really woke up biggrin Then I sleep anywhere after 11pm everyday. Now its close to 12/1 pm): Then Ill be really tired so Ill sleep during recesses &/or lunches and maybe take naps if im home early(:
I remember not sleeping at all or for only less than 1 hour when I have projects and stuff like that >.<

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:24 am
It made me think of it since Fate mentioned pulling all nighters for projects.

Has anyone been severely sleep-deprived for like a whole school year?

Two years ago in freshman year I was used to getting 5 hours or less.
I have a friend this year that it's typically getting five hours or less, in two days. She usually sleeps two to three hours a night. She's lucky if she sleeps 5 hours in one night.
She's been like that since winter break so she's been a bit crazy/weird since then.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:40 am
I never allow mysef to get like that. if tehre's one thing you must absolutely do when you're working it's get enough sleep, or else your brain can't function and the work you DO do ends up crappy and taking longer (thus forcing you to loose more sleep)
tae a step back and breathe.
1-sleep enough
2- drink loads
3- eat well
no matter how much work.

God help me when i have to do dissertations and crap next year though..ugh  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:41 am
I was a bit off the wire during the last couple of weeks at college....

Firstly because of finals.....writing papers and finishing up projects...as well as getting distracted by the web into the wee hours in the morning...

Then there is the guy that I've been falling for.....the first weekend I realized how smitten I was with him I couldn't sleep or eat. One day I laid in bed, it was about 2:30 am, when suddenly poetry came to mind, and yes-I wrote a poem about my feelings for him...... >.<'  

0Moon_Maiden0

Super Mega Nope
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:50 am
What is this sleep you speak of?

I don't sleep consistently
crying

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:23 pm
Zizzykitty

I have a friend this year that it's typically getting five hours or less, in two days. She usually sleeps two to three hours a night. She's lucky if she sleeps 5 hours in one night.
She's been like that since winter break so she's been a bit crazy/weird since then.
I get about 5 hours of sleep a day. I stay up until 1 am, and I get up at 6 am. I'm surprisingly peppy, considering how little sleep I get. I guess I'm just used to it.  

Pickles And Pretty Ponies

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:26 pm
vampire_kitten333
Zizzykitty

I get about 5 hours of sleep a day. I stay up until 1 am, and I get up at 6 am. I'm surprisingly peppy, considering how little sleep I get. I guess I'm just used to it.

I was used to it for a while back in freshman year. You get used to it and it becomes normal.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games