Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
E3: Complaints, Predictions, and Positives Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:13 pm
yeahime
So, Microsoft had their E3 press conference today.

As of this writing, EA is having there's.

There were some none exclusive's discussed at Microsoft's including Beatles Rock Band (exclusive DLC (one song, with proceeds being donated to charity) announced), Modern Warfare 2 (with the first 2 map-packs being announced as timed exclusives). Final Fantasy XII.

Exclusives announced/discussed: Left 4 Dead 2, which will be larger than the first and have melee weapons, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Halo: ODST, Halo:Reach announced. Forza 3. Alan Wake. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

A Metal Gear Solid game was announced for the 360, the word "exclusive" was never said during this announcement, however much earlier it was stated that all games announced then onward were exclusive.

Dont forget Crackdown 2! That game looks amazing. Definately a upgrade from the first.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:29 pm
Tr0n714
yeahime
So, Microsoft had their E3 press conference today.

As of this writing, EA is having there's.

There were some none exclusive's discussed at Microsoft's including Beatles Rock Band (exclusive DLC (one song, with proceeds being donated to charity) announced), Modern Warfare 2 (with the first 2 map-packs being announced as timed exclusives). Final Fantasy XII.

Exclusives announced/discussed: Left 4 Dead 2, which will be larger than the first and have melee weapons, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Halo: ODST, Halo:Reach announced. Forza 3. Alan Wake. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

A Metal Gear Solid game was announced for the 360, the word "exclusive" was never said during this announcement, however much earlier it was stated that all games announced then onward were exclusive.

Dont forget Crackdown 2! That game looks amazing. Definately a upgrade from the first.

Now there was a lovely unexpected surprise! It looks pretty amazing from that trailer. I can hardly wait!  

Haratio TaFotter

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:39 am
An amazing bunch of games revieled yesterday. Now its Nintendo and Sony's day to reveal their goodies. I wont be able to see it but i will come home and read about what happened!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:46 pm
Definitely excited for Old Republic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOvbv-LkK6w&feature=related  

Jonnnn

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:55 pm
Left4Dead2 really surprised me. New graphics look a bit cheesy and that tank was awful looking, but it's a good concept. I'm pretty pissed that this is probably the content patches Valve promised us.
Brink looks really ******** cool. Maybe it's just because I dystopian scenarios; I'm really anxious to see what it will become.

edit:

Mario Bros. Wii http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLRZHbJq-0c
New Metroid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyTEtGh130o

Now sure what to think about the new mario.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:50 pm
Golden Sun DS is confirmed.  

pathetic_negi_magician

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:36 am
Well now that everyone has a really cool motion sensing periferal, its amazing to see how techonology will change gaming. Sony's magic wand was really cool and very accurate. Project Natal from Microsoft looks pretty amazing. They dont need to come out with a new console with a new controller like that. Its insane! I'll put more information on here at a later date on the 2.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:44 pm
Instea of telling you what Microsoft's Project Natal and Sony's Motion Sensing Wand is, I will just let you watch a video about each 3nodding

Project Natal Trailer

PS3 Motion Wand (video is a little long at 9:37, its the E3 conference reveil)

And for anyoen who wants to look, heres the Alien Vs Predator Trailer for whoever wants to gaze upon a beautiful, hopefully good, game.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:22 pm
E3 IS OVER!!!!

SO!?!?!?! What is on everyones minds after all the sparkles and sunshine of games to come?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:25 pm
Nitnit's early impressions (I haven't gone through everything yet)

- Trailers are really ******** ambiguous and people are making a big deal out of games where we know nothing about the game play (The Old Republic, Brink for example)

- Assassin's Creed has a cutscene that I thought could fool some people as being live action it looked so good.

- Blizzcon is more entertaining than E3. Also, DirectTV is selling blizzcon on pay per view, lol

- People still care about Golden Sun. Why? I have no idea.

- Bungie is able to repackage games with a slightly better campaign and make everyone wet themselves over it

- Even Valve admits L4D was mediocre, mindless shooting (guess it was fun for a lot of people though)

- Bethesda and their fans think that promoting dated annoying southern stereotypes in a post nuclear apocalyptic future is both logical, and cool. (they also have really bad taste in font in trying to sell a DLC they think is "horror") On that note, they also think that hillbillies are scary.

- Nintendo is going to kill Metroid. Well, I'm getting ahead of myself, but they might. I don't really see being able to throw Ridley like he's Bowser as a good thing. Nor do I see continuing the Prime gameplay as a good thing (and it's even worse when you throw in devil may cry/ninja gaiden stuff)

I also learned that I'm very cranky and jaded =(  

nitnit
Captain

KRaZyAmmo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:54 pm
IMO probably the most underrated game at E3 was Split Second which actually looks so damn fun. Supreme Commander 2 had awesome gameplay footage and same with Shift,  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:36 am
nitnit

I also learned that I'm very cranky and jaded =(

Lol, admitting it is the first step to recovery. Also, say things that you liked about a game more often than you dislike. So basically im saying to praise Bethesda lol.

As for my opinion of E3, it should be sequels, sequels, and more sequels.

Dont get me wrong, I am pumped for alot of those games. Im just pointing out there was 50x more than i thought xD. Here are my thoughts!

Tron

- Crackdown 2 looks amazing and i cant wait to play it and start cracking on ganglords and lackeys.

- L4D 2 looks good! Wtf are people complaining about? I will actually now buy the first one soon.... eventually... when my wallet says its around 30-40 dollars

- Project Natal looks amazing and i need to have one!

- Split second will actually be the 2nd racing game ill purchase for my 360 achrive.

- Halo: ODST looks good and im happy they are bringing back the magnum with a scope! Also, Halo: Reach has a interesting vibe to it.

- FF14 lol! Its just wow... i mean 13 is near completion but do you really need to work on 14 right now? And Sony saying that 14 is exclusive... but for how long? *cue dramatic music*

- Nintendo letting Team Ninja work on Metroid? It looks good but will it play good? and will fans enjoy it?

- Ubisoft pushing out amazing games this year! Assassins Creed 2, Splinter Cell: Convition(looks like Assassins Creed starring Sam Fisher), Red Steel 2

- EA promoting/announcing their new EA Partners stuff. Hopefully there will be more quality games cause of this.

- Metal Gear for the 360!!! Sounds like a plan

- Epic makes a metroid like XLA game. It looks great!

Ok, i think thats enough of my thoughts for now 3nodding  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Dance Passion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:06 am
I'm looking forward to seeing more of DJ Hero. The new Final Fantasy 13 will be fun, but the battle system is nothing new. I want something original that no one has ever thought for an RPG. The whole spell casting and lvling up is fun, but some variety would be enjoyed. Ohh well. That's my 2sense. I'm out.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:09 am
DJ Hero looked cool. Of course Final Fantasy 13 looked awesome, but I wish they wouldve shown Final Fantash Versus 13 too>< Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Super Mario Bros Wii look fun=)  

XxPixidustPockyxX

5,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items