Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
I Require Some Assissrance, Please

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sergeant CJ

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:51 pm
I need to research the Obama's administration and how they are trying to crack down on guns for an English project. Any information about Bills, Laws, or actions taken to hinder guns and the sale of.

Please and Thank you. I know you guys are pretty well informed about this.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:34 pm
Honestly, that is precisely what makes Obama's administration so funny. He hasn't tried to do sh*t so far. In fact, his best stimulus deal so far was just getting elected and freaking out the gun community. There are some rumors about privatizing ammo (serial numbers and registering all purchased ammo) but I don't think that was his bill, nor do I think he endorsed it.

IMHO, If you can go bash the Brady Bunch. She blames guns for millions of deaths each year, yet she blames her self for the health problems that smoking caused her.  

Freak_090
Captain

Sergeant CJ

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:24 pm
Lol... That's kinda stupid. Eh... He's talked about stuff right? I can change it to tightening Gun laws period if I need too.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:53 am
Also, you could bring up the point how the Bradys brainwashed one lady into picturing kids getting shot every time she heard a gun going off.

The lady that was on the 30 days show, I don't remember the name of the episode but I'm sure most of you saw it.

When she was packing and, as I believe she said, 'leaving civilization', she was packing up some Brady campaign pamphlets or newsletters.  

OberFeldwebel

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:35 pm
Look up Gun Facts version 5.0 and peruse the Brady Campaign website. Also look up the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994, the Gun Control Act of 1968, and the National Firearms Act (of 1934 was it?)

The book "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross is fictional, but has plenty of real life characters and factual information about gun laws and how they don't work. It's worth a look if you can wade through the 800 pages (quite a few of which are somewhat pointless).

Obama, so far, has done nothing to limit guns, but has voted for the forward of every gun law that he's ever been presented with during his time as a Senator.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:54 pm
Freak_090
Honestly, that is precisely what makes Obama's administration so funny. He hasn't tried to do sh*t so far. In fact, his best stimulus deal so far was just getting elected and freaking out the gun community. There are some rumors about privatizing ammo (serial numbers and registering all purchased ammo) but I don't think that was his bill, nor do I think he endorsed it.

IMHO, If you can go bash the Brady Bunch. She blames guns for millions of deaths each year, yet she blames her self for the health problems that smoking caused her.
Would that be a number per round or per box? xd Either way that will probably drive prices up and will be too damn difficult to be worth keeping track of.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:18 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Freak_090

Would that be a number per round or per box? xd Either way that will probably drive prices up and will be too damn difficult to be worth keeping track of.

I'm sure they would want to microstamp bullets and casings.
Which, IMO, especially when the government is involved, will not be a cheap task.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:08 pm
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Freak_090

Which, IMO, especially when the government is involved, will not be a cheap task.

I believe it's been tried before (in Cali) and as you said, it is indeed expensive. And there were so many numbers to sort through it never solved a single crime. Just gave people a big headache.

That's the government for you.  

ArmasTermin

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:41 pm
ArmasTermin
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Freak_090

I believe it's been tried before (in Cali) and as you said, it is indeed expensive. And there were so many numbers to sort through it never solved a single crime. Just gave people a big headache.

That's the government for you.

They'll 'revise' their techniques and try it again.
If it drives up the cost of ammunition and drops availability or drops people's ammo purchases they're happy.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:50 am
Now why is it I can see someone robbing a store for ammo if this passes? D:  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:55 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Now why is it I can see someone robbing a store for ammo if this passes? D:

Because your brain works, unlike many of the tinheads in charge.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:12 am
SPY ROUND HERE.  

The Drildo

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas