Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Practically stolen

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:26 am
Well my great uncle ran an antique shop and collected firearms. He was a big fan of the cowboy stuff so he had a couple or more Navy Colts unsure of model, amongst other guns.

Apparently all of the guns he owned had this mark;

User Image

If any of you have seen the mark I'd like to know.
His whole collection was sold after he died by my aunt, not sure why she did it and why she didn't consult the family first, for $2000.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:49 am
Only 2k?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:56 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Only 2k?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Only $2000.

She sold it to some a****d dealer, who I'm pretty sure came all over himself when he got back to the gun shop.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:28 pm
Kind of like when my Grand-dads daughter sold his stuff for under 100 dollars. Put the other stuff she did not sell in a bucket for a few weeks. A bucket full of water. Good times...

That aside, I don't recognize the marking.
Although, on a similar subject, if you find any firearms with a Z sketched into them randomly, call me up. Those would be mine (Or more correctly, my Grand-fathers)

If it were all the guns he owned, could he of made the etching? Similar to the aformentioned Z's?

Thdark

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:31 pm
Thdark
Kind of like when my Grand-dads daughter sold his stuff for under 100 dollars. Put the other stuff she did not sell in a bucket for a few weeks. A bucket full of water. Good times...

That aside, I don't recognize the marking.
Although, on a similar subject, if you find any firearms with a Z sketched into them randomly, call me up. Those would be mine (Or more correctly, my Grand-fathers)

If it were all the guns he owned, could he of made the etching? Similar to the aformentioned Z's?

Yes, it's the etching he put on.
It's apparently a 'G 'and an 'O'.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:37 pm
GO?
So you were wondering if we came across one of his guns?
Can't say I have. Were you looking to buy em, or find out what happened to them or something?

Thdark

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:16 am
Thdark
GO?
So you were wondering if we came across one of his guns?
Can't say I have. Were you looking to buy em, or find out what happened to them or something?

Yeah, was wondering if anyone has seen them and, if luck would have it, actually own one of them.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games