Gaia Online
View Results

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:12 am
I'm not computer savvy or internet savvy. My first computer was, like, 5 years ago, and I still don't have internet... And there are a couple of things I've been wanting to learn about certain aspects, and some things about the Wii system... Maybe someone here knows about something.

First of all, my buddy, she's obsessed with a game called World of Warcraft. She talked for about an hour on that subject. First of how, how can you even play the game? All of my games only use the mouse, and they're point and click types. But I've seen pics of this game, and it lets you move around and talk and stuff... do you need like a special keyboard for it or something? or is it just the basic keyboard? She's told me, but I can't remember. She talks really fast, too... sweatdrop

Also, what are some of the really good games for PC? I know the Sims are good and World of Warcraft, but I keep hearing about other games, but have no idea about them!!!

The next two are more about the Wii, but maybe have something to do with computers. Not sure. There's something called an SD card which you can put into the WIi and use it to save some of your files, and you can also add games onto it via the Wii shop channel. In Animal Crossing for the Wii, you can also save pictures from your game onto this card and then print them off on your computer. What exactly is this card? Is it something new just for Wii or has it been used on computers before. And where exactly do you find them? I can never find one in the game section.

Finally, I've been reading different gaming magazines, and I've always wondered how someone can take a picture from a video game and put it in a magazine. Is there some sort of camera for that.

You might know something about this, or you might not. I thought I'd just ask.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:41 am
Well for the WoW question, I believe you just use a regular keyboard for it. I don't think you need a special one but I've never played.
I have never heard of a special WoW keyboard though.

I'm not a big PC gamer but the ones I've heard of and/or liked other than the two you said are The Sim City series, Diablo, Roller Coaster Tycoon, and that's all I can think of.

An SD card is a way of storing things. You don't get it in the game section but actually where the cameras are, as far as I know. You usuaully stick them in a camera to store the photos you take.
I have a friend who knows more Wii stuff since he actually has one and uses an SD card, unlike me who is just good at retaining information.

I think people taking pictures from games for magazines you need a special program but I've never tried. If you're playing on the computer you can probably just screenshot to get a picture of the game.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:55 am
WOW! A topic where I can actually answer all the questions!! OK ok! Here we go. ^^

1. For PC games like world of warcraft you don't need a special keyboard. When you play the game certain buttons (Like let's say the number pad for example.) are used. Like in Guild wars (another online game) the number keys are used to cast spells and you can open menus but pressing buttons like the "U" button.

2. World of Warcraft is a online internet pay-to-play kind of game. Other online games are sometimes free-too-play but also require the internet. A game I would recommend is Guild Wars which isn't bad. It's an online game except you don't have to pay to play it. You just need to buy it once at the store (and it's cheap now too) and that's all.

3. SD cards are memory cards but can be used for anything from cell phones to camera cards or even a wii card. They come various GB. Like the 2GB, 4GB, and even 8GB cards. They look like this. It's recommenced you also get the SD card reader as you need that to place things on the card. When you go to places like walmart just look or ask for "SD cards". They will have a pack of what looks like 3 cards. It's really one card but you put the mini SD card into the bigger ones so that you can fit it into anything from cellphones to he wii console.

4. Now for taking screenshots of a videogame I think that one is something you have to buy and connect from your game console to your computer. That's how they place it on the internet or magazine. I'm not too sure about it. But I do know how to take screenshots of computer games or video games that you're playing on the computer. ^_^" It's just typically the Print Screen Button if it's a PC/online game.

Hope I helped (or didn't miss anything)! ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:37 am
1. You can get a special keyboard for World of Warcraft, but it isn't necessary. I wouldn't suggest getting one, anyway.

You play with a combination of the keyboard and mouse. You can click your abilities or hot key them. You can use either the keyboard or mouse to move. Using the mouse to move and hot keying for your abilities is the best way to go.

If you're interested in trying it, you can get a 10 day trial here.

2. Some good computer games are Oblivion and Fallout 3. They are also for consoles, but the computer versions allow user created content to be downloaded.

3. The SD card is basically a memory card for various digital devices. You can probably find one near the digital cameras at an electronics store.

4. I'm not sure about screen shots for video games, but if you press "Prt Scr" or "Print Screen" on your keyboard you can take a screen shot of what is on your screen at the time. If you have a PC, that is. I don't know about macs.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:08 pm
I knew there was a lotta techy people here! Thanks for clearing up a lot of this stuff! Anyway, as for the SD cards, I found a few laid out in the Games section of a local Wal-Mart for ten bucks. Really awesome things, since I was able to copy all my friend's music on it! blaugh

Thanks for all of your help in sorting this stuff out.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games