Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply General Debate Forum
Science & Islam...Proof That It's True??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Know Many Will Be Too Lazy to Read The Following...
  Well Too Bad For You, That's Your Loss;
  After All, You're The One Who Will Remain Ignorant!
View Results

maya azzy

Peaceful Worshipper

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:58 pm
Science & Islam...Proof That It's True??

Okay, recently a debate was started about how Islam can be proven to 'not be made up' by scientific knowledge shown in the Qu'ran, which could not have possibly be known by man in that day and age, but has now been proven to be true by the scientists of today.

Please note that I am not trying to undermine any other religions, nor am I making this thread to provoke any anger from anyone here. If you experience such emotions, or have only things to say that magnify your ignorance, please do not post. Thank you, Az.

Green = Me/Az/Whoever You May Know Me As
Blue = The Lecturer/Teacher I Am Posting
Indigo/Violet = Quotes

I have read many geogical Islamic related articles, however, I found this one most easy to understand.

The following is not my work. It is purely Dr. Zaghool El-Naggar's (you may search to see his many accomplishments), so please do not confuse. However, I agree with every word this man had written, so please feel free to state any anruments you may possess, and I will do my utmost best to help you in the matter.

The Holy Qur'an is basically a book of guidance, revealed by the Creator to address areas that cannot be answered by the human intellect such as the essence of faith, the acts of worship, the moral code and the rules and regulations that govern the various transactions between human beings.
Besides this guidance, the glorious Qur'an refers to the cosmos, the earth and the heavens, as well as to many of their components, inhabitants and phenomena, in numerous verses that exceed 1000 in number. Such references come in the context of testifying to the unlimited might, knowledge and wisdom of the Creator who has brought this universe into being, and is capable of its annihilation and of its recreation.

Consequently, the Qur'anic cosmic verses are not meant to be pieces of scientific information, but as scientific knowledge that has been left for man to gain over a long span of time. This is simply due to the limitations of the human senses and the cumulative nature of the scientific knowledge. The illustrious Qur'an, being the word of the Creator is, hence, the absolute truth, therefore Qur'anic verses with cosmic reflections must convey a number of absolute facts about the universe. Of these verses, a large number speak of the "earth", which is mentioned 461 times throughout the Holy Qur'an to describe the whole planet, its outer rocky cover, or the soil section on top of that cover. Verses of geological interest amongst these amount to more than 110, and can be grouped into 11 categories as follows:

Quote:
1) A group of verses that refer to the shape of the earth (13:3; 15:19; 26:28; 39:5; 50:7; 55:17; 65:12; 67; 70:40, 41); its motions (21:33; 36:40; 27:88; 12:3; 91: 1-4; 92:1,; 10:67; 77:10, 11; 27:71-73; 2:27; 29:61; 31:29; 35:13; 57:6; 36:37; 2:164; 3:190; 10:6; 23:80; 55:5; 14:33 wink and its origin (21:30) where both the earth and the heavens are clearly described to have constituted (in their distant past) one entity (the initial singularity) before they split apart (Big Bang). This group also includes verses that emphasize the vastly distant positions of stars (56: 75, 76), the expanding nature of the universe (51:47), the smoky nature of the early sky (universe) (41:11, 12), the existence of the interstellar matter (20:6; 21:16; 25:59; 30:8; 32:4; 37:5; 38:10, 27, 66) and the concentric nature of both the heavens and the earth (the universe) (67:3); (71:15) and (65:12).

Quote:
2) A group of verses that describe some of the most recently discovered oceanographic phenomena such as:
~The superheated nature of the bottoms of certain seas and oceans - implying intensive submarine volcanic activity associated with sea-floor spreading.
~The complete separation of different bodies of water (fresh and saline, as well as saline water of different compositions) that do not mix completely or immediately due to the constant presence of impassable barriers in between (25:53; 55:19, 20).
~The multitude of darkness produced in the greatest depths of oceans by deep currents, topped by surface currents, topped by clouds (24:40).

Quote:
3) One verse that describes mountains as pegs or pickets (78:7), emphasizing their relatively small, above-ground elevations, compared to their much more deeply buried parts (roots), and their role in the fixation of continental masses as well as of the whole planet. This role is emphasized in ten other verses that also ascribe more functions to mountains such as their part in the process of precipitation of rain and in the formation of natural heads for running streams (27: 61; 31: 10; 50:7; 77: 27; 79: 32). In this group, the Qur'an asks human beings to contemplate on a number of observations in the universe including how mountains are made to stand up on the surface of the earth (88:19). Such speculation has led to the formulation of the concept of isostacy which is currently used to explain the rising of mountains (and of all other surface elevations) above their surroundings. In another verse of this group (35:27), the Qur'an describes mountains as being composed of white and red tracts of various shades of colours and of others that are black and intense in hue. This is in clear reference to both acidic mountains (which are dominantly granitic in composition, with overwhelming white and red colours of various shades) and basic to ultrabasic mountains (which are dominantly basaltic/ gabbroic in composition with black coloured ferromagnesian minerals). Each of these major primary rock groups has its specific chemical and mineralogical compositions as well as its specific temperature of separation from its mother magma. Their dominant colours are also reflected in their secondary and/or tertiary products of sedimentary and metamorphic rock, and hence, the importance of these three principal colours (white, red and black) in the classification of igneous rocks and of their derivatives.

Quote:
4) A group of verses that reflect on the earth's hydrosphere and atmosphere, which are both clearly stated to have been outgassed from within the earth (LXXIX: 20, 31), a fact that has only very recently been discovered. Other verses in this group comment on the protective nature of the atmosphere for life on earth (21:32; 86: 11), the absolute darkness of outer space (15: 14, 15), the reduction of atmospheric pressure with elevation (6:125) and the glowing nature of the early nights of our planet before the formation of its protective atmospheric spheres (17:12).

Quote:
5) A group of verses that emphasize the thinness of the earth's crust (71:19), the constant levelling and degradation of the earth's surface and the gradual change in the geographic dimensions of continental masses, and even the contraction of the whole planet and the deformation of its surface (13:41 ; 21:44 ; 78:6).

Quote:
6) Verses emphasizing the fact that groundwater is generated from rain, thus reflecting on the hydro-geological cycle (23:18; 31:10), and others relating life on earth to water (21:30; 24:45) or reflecting on the possibility of classifying life forms (6:38 ).

Quote:
7) Verses emphasizing the fact that the process of creation took place in successive stages over tremendously long spans of time (22:47; 32:5).

Quote:
8 ) Two verses that describe the end of our planet and of the whole universe by reversing the process of its creation after which the eternal universe will be created (14:48 ).

Such knowledge was not available before the turn of the present century, and most of it has just started to be understood through the painstaking analysis of massive amounts of scientific observation. The Qur'anic precedence with such precise and comprehensive knowledge points to only one facet of the multifarious, miraculous nature of this Glorious Book, being the last Divine message, and the only one that has been kept intact with exactly the same language of revelation word for word and letter for letter for more than 14 centuries.

From the above mentioned discussion it is obvious that Qur'anic verses with geological notions exceed 110 in number and would need voluminous texts to explain. Consequently, the present paper concentrates on only a few of these verses which represent established facts and concepts in the area of Earth Sciences and are only given as examples of the miraculous nature of the Holy Qur'an.

This is not yet quite finished, I have yet to add things, however cannot find the time as of yet. Please be patient, it will be finished soon.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:23 am
WOOOT???

U write so much, and then write this is not finishes? gonk gonk gonk  

The_Pathan
Captain

divineseraph

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:16 pm
Most of that was accessable to the ancients through logic and reasoning- They had more time to puzzle it out.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:24 am
divineseraph
Most of that was accessable to the ancients through logic and reasoning- They had more time to puzzle it out.

All the scientists in the world know that it could have not been a knowledge acquired to the anicent, they had no telescope, the discovery of the planets have been known recently and you are saying that they can tell that one day the earth will rise in the west.  

Dhul-Noon

divineseraph

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:32 pm
Dhul-Noon
divineseraph

All the scientists in the world know that it could have not been a knowledge acquired to the anicent, they had no telescope, the discovery of the planets have been known recently and you are saying that they can tell that one day the earth will rise in the west.

They had no telescope, but they had well-devised systems of tracking the motion of the stars. They knew 7 of the 9 planets (If we include pluto) and knew they were planets. The earth rises, technically, but direction isn't really relevant in space. Through logic they learned that the earth was round and the cosmos, like all things, came from a singular point of creation as per big bang theory. They also knew of the prima materia, or first matter, which they figured out was extremely "subtle" or like a secret fire that made up all matter. This is very much like the high-energy superheated plasma that is made up of photons, and was literally the first matter after the big bang. The ancients knew it well before we coined the term "plasma".  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:14 am
I believe the earth is slightly egg-shape. Not exactly round and sphere. Well, that's what I heard. I need to find the resource tho. -_-

Harrotz

-keisha rayana hanaquil23
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:24 am
there are many miracles happening in this world, things that seems unreal.. but science always have their scientific explanations on these matters.. so most likely, others say that science always against religion.

thus, i believe that they should not be against each other. God has given the scientists a better mind as His gift for us to improve our lives; through science we learn many things. example doctors help us to be healthy, through the help of the doctor and prayer to Allah we became healthy again.. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:21 am
i think she was correct with every word she said, or I mean, he. biggrin  

Aphrodite Jr

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

White Angel02

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:39 pm
true...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:38 pm
divineseraph
Dhul-Noon
divineseraph

They had no telescope, but they had well-devised systems of tracking the motion of the stars. They knew 7 of the 9 planets (If we include pluto) and knew they were planets. The earth rises, technically, but direction isn't really relevant in space. Through logic they learned that the earth was round and the cosmos, like all things, came from a singular point of creation as per big bang theory. They also knew of the prima materia, or first matter, which they figured out was extremely "subtle" or like a secret fire that made up all matter. This is very much like the high-energy superheated plasma that is made up of photons, and was literally the first matter after the big bang. The ancients knew it well before we coined the term "plasma".
Not to mention establishing certain eating codes because people realized that eating certain foods can make you sick because they weren't cooked properly.
Pig for example, when not cooked properly, makes people sick. The ancient Israelites recognized this.

Ancient Egyptians and other old cultures did extensive studies of the human body as well. Granted, not all the "medicines" prescribed worked, but they also had a nice knowledge of anatomy along with how babies are made and formed in the womb.

So it's not just the physics, but physiology and anatomy as well.

But I like how einstein puts it in terms of the validity of science and religion.
Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.

The Dead Terrorist Achmed

Romantik Stylin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:07 am
Mash'allah, incredible.  
General Debate Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out