Submit

I bring you love....
  Nuuuuuu! *runs*
  Yay! *huggles*
View Results

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:18 am
....my father hugged me this morning.... eek *twitches*

To the earliest memories I can recall this is only the second time my dad has hugged me.

First time-I was still in high school and it happened a couple weeks after he threaten to take his life.....

Now this morning for no real reason....I was just going to garage sales with him and mother.

Perhaps to you it not a big deal, but my father never showed much affection to me....and when he does it feels weird and unnatural to me.....

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:32 am
i'm sure its fine.

did you check your pockets though, he might've been low on cash.  

Docxime

Super Mega Nope
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:36 am
Feel happy Moon he loves you
3nodding

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:46 am
@Docxime-Nah.....him and mother tend to give me money.

@MonkeyFen-At 21....his love makes me feel uncomfortable when expressed with hugs..... xd lol  

0Moon_Maiden0

Super Mega Nope
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:50 am
0Moon_Maiden0
At 21....his love makes me feel uncomfortable when expressed with hugs..... xd lol

You just need more!
*hugs*  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:50 am
well if it still bothers you, you can do the logical thing and ask him if everythings ok.  

Docxime

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:43 am
Docxime
well if it still bothers you, you can do the logical thing and ask him if everythings ok.

I've tried that once and he gave he a strange look....it was like he thought I was a crazy person for asking.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:44 am
MonkeyFen
0Moon_Maiden0
At 21....his love makes me feel uncomfortable when expressed with hugs..... xd lol

You just need more!
*hugs*

Well-yes from you and other people I feel fine. lol  

0Moon_Maiden0

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:07 pm
lol I understand what you mean moon. In my family you get the idea that they love you but it's something parents don't really say. Instead they do things to show it like buy you things ect.... In my household parents are "parents" and not your best friend. lol But they care and love you.

I don't really get to hear loving words from my parents. lol I don't really get hugs much either. Just those formal things like giving a kiss on the cheek (goodbye gesture) before heading to work in the morning and stuff. So one time (when things were hard) mom actually said to me "you know I love you." and just that made me uneasy especially since I was older like 17-18 at the time (XD). It was something that you just know and never hear in guyanese family unless your a little kid (then you hear and get hugs/kisses). ^^"

lol I completely see why you feel twitchy after a hug from your dad. Maybe something good happened?

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:30 pm
Hmm... My grandpa says the same thing about me. It was only recently that I started hugging him and telling him I love you, and he freaked out, but in a good way. I'm guessing maybe he just needed to show you he really does care... It's sweet, though. It really is.  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:04 am
lol just be glad he's showing affection, might not happen again for a while smile

Hugs with my grandad (dad's side) are always a little awkward, but he obviously appreciates them, he's just a little formal. a sweetheart, but I thin raising 2 sons means less luvvy-duvvy-ness than 2 granddaughters lol.

My other grandad used to scare us silly because on the surface he's so gruff (one of over 10 kids, dad committed suicide, had a flipping shotgun and what were essentially beartraps from his hunting days), but he's such a lovey dovey softie to me and my sister it's actually funny. When I stopped being scared of him and relaised this, this is. My mum always has a little moan about how he's such a softie with us when he was more scary with her, and how when my sister clomped around in massive proper goth boots he was all suddenly open minded and 'kids have to express themselves' when he would've practically killed my mum for wearing the same. lol

but yes, people express love in different ways  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:33 am
hmm, i dunno.. im cant be much of a help there cause im like this too ._. i just shun from these kind of expression. it feels weird to me..  

Fate-J

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:39 pm
I understand that.

I'm affectionate to pretty much everyone but my mother. xd

Strangers, friends, accquaintences, my dad, I think it has to do with the fact that I see her almost everyday since her and my dad are divorced.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games