Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Guild revival!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is the guild dead?
  6 feet under.
  A lot more dead than it should be. Where've you been, Dark?!
  Yeah, but we'll fix that right up.
  Nope, we're good.
  What are you talking about?
View Results

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:49 pm
Alright, listen up, fellow grammar nutcases, no insult intended.

This guild has sunk to a miserably low activity level, and I accept full blame for it. I haven't had any time to give it the attention it needs, and as such, it has sunk into misrepair, with basically no guidance, nor events to keep activity up.

Put simply, that has to change. I still have an incredibly busy schedule, but I'm going to set aside as much time as I can into getting this guild restored to the levels that brought us to the Guild Spotlight so many years back.

What I would like to ask of you, as the members, is to do what you can to bring up guild activity. Post, revive old topics, start new topics, host contests for writing and poetry. Invite members you think would like the guild, suggest ideas for us to implement. If you have ideas and a strong work ethic, drop me a PM to see about the possibility of becoming crew, and I'll fill you in on what sort of work would be involved.

Thanks for reading,

-DE  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:01 pm
I have an idea! We should have a 'Good Grammar School' subforum where people can come if they need help with grammar or writing in general. The guild can use their knowledge of good grammar to help people by proofreading their stuff or helping them learn things about good English.

It would bring outside attention to the guild and could go towards cleaning up Gaian grammar!

Mr Enigma Girl

Wheezing Capitalist

6,500 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Junior 100

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:05 pm
n00bie fee
I have an idea! We should have a 'Good Grammar School' subforum where people can come if they need help with grammar or writing in general. The guild can use their knowledge of good grammar to help people by proofreading their stuff or helping them learn things about good English.

It would bring outside attention to the guild and could go towards cleaning up Gaian grammar!
That, my friend, is a fantastic idea.

My favorite part of this guild is the Horror Stories subforum. I'd love to host a contest in there for the best grammar horror story; even though it's been done before, having numerous contests going at the same time is bound to boost activity and interest.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:00 pm
Ebony the Peacian Vampire
n00bie fee

It would bring outside attention to the guild and could go towards cleaning up Gaian grammar![/colour]

My favorite part of this guild is the Horror Stories subforum. I'd love to host a contest in there for the best grammar horror story; even though it's been done before, having numerous contests going at the same time is bound to boost activity and interest.

Those stories are always great to read. Another idea is to make them scary! Tell them in a kind of 'ghost story' way. That would be hilarious!

It would also give everyone a chance to show off their creative talent.

Mr Enigma Girl

Wheezing Capitalist

6,500 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Junior 100

Farrago

Proxy Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:31 am
Ebony the Peacian Vampire
n00bie fee

It would, and that's also my favorite part of the guild forums. I was posting a lot on there, but then I realized nobody had posted for about a year... D:<  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:33 am
I haven't been posting much because I have been in school, but being asked to tend someone's fish on here brought me back.

As for new ideas, let's start recruitment, though that may get us into more drama.

Let's start with the basics and get our own members back.

1.) Help with homework / questions
2.) Forum cleanup (any topics more than a year and half old taken out)
3.) Tribute to past and present members smile  

Patron with a Mission

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:01 pm
I can't help a whole lot, but I love this guild and I don't want it to die. As a moderator, I have a responsibility to help, and even though I can't do much, I will do what I can.

I really like the idea of brining back the Horror Stories contest. Perhaps it should last for a month or so, and after that is the start of a new contest. What should the prizes be?

Having a "Help" subforum (for grammatical and homework help) would be nice, especially since we have all that gold sitting around in the old account doing nothing, anyway. XD

Word games seems to be popular, so if you have a new idea for a word game we could use, please, post it there.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games