Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
Xbox Live Primetime

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:19 pm
For those who dont know, Xbox Live Primetime is a neat feature which gets all Live members involved into scheduled game shows to win a large prize. It will have seasonal achievements and its FREE! 1000s of people will be able to participate in the shows and be the audience. Whatever you end up being in, everyone is able to win a prize! YAY!

The first show to be launch is 1 vs 100. Im not exactly sure how this game show works. All i know is that a individual person and a group of 100 play in a "Who wants to be a millionare" type questions to accumulate points.

The winner gets 10,000 microsoft points($125 to spend on the marketplay). If your in the last 60 of the mob, they are awarded a XBLA game (changed every week). Also the top 3 scores in each round will recieve XBLA prize. With every question you answer correctly. You get 1 chance added to win a Zune(midway prize) or a Full Home Theatre(when the season finishes). Prizes can only be won by Gold Members, Silver Members can participate in the audience only and cant win anything.

A season is 13 weeks long. Every sunday everyones scrore is reseted so anyone can jump in anytime during the season.

All the servers are, of course, paid by ads. The first 2 companies to sponsor this are Honda and Sprint. This kinda ads onto the TV game show feel. Not only will you see ads, participating players will get a private message asked to answer questions and everything and will be recorded to be played during the commercials. The message will ask for your permission and telephone number, of course you can politely decline.

There is a small team and a real life host for 1 vs 100. The small team will keep the questions fresh and current. There are also a small team to keep 1 vs 100 run smoothly.

This is a bit of information that i remember. Ask anyquestion and i will go answer it if you would like 3nodding !  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:25 pm
I read about this in my latest OXM (Official XBox Magazine), and I must say this is a pretty great idea! Its all the fun of the gameshow, even with the best part (prizes) and you can do it from the comfort of your home! I really want to go at this and get those 10,000 Microsoft Points!  

Haratio TaFotter

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:22 pm
if your lucky to be the chosen one of 1000 people xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:20 pm
Tr0n714
if your lucky to be the chosen one of 1000 people xD

Its still worth hoping for. I wouldn't have to get points for quite some time.  

Haratio TaFotter

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:28 am
I am more leaning towards the Arcade games they give out every week. Thats what i want. I mean free Peggle or Uno Rush?!? Count me in 3nodding !  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:04 am
Free....Peggle?

Well, there goes my life for a week.  

Haratio TaFotter

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:15 pm
You can get free peggle on WoW.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:56 pm
Haratio TaFotter
Free....Peggle?

Well, there goes my life for a week.

Only a week? I swear, that game absorbed my life for a good month. I got most of the achievement scenarios xp  

Jonnnn

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:02 pm
nitnit
You can get free peggle on WoW.

but i want Peggle on my 360 for more achievements pirate  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:34 pm
Or you could get it on the PC as Peggle Nights and get even more levels. btw as an arcade game it's 200 points, and half of said points are pretty tough to get. For achievement self gratification rent/buy cheaply generic average/above average games like Kameo  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:54 am
I already own Kameo and it wasnt that terrible of a game. Its a step up better than Spyro or Crash Bandicoot.

And the whole point of achievements is bragging rights. So why not get a peggle acihevement that you know your friends havent gotten blaugh ? It shows your better or more luckier than them.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:37 pm
Never said Kameo was terrible, just that it was average/above average. I thought the point of achievements was to have a big gamerscore, and to get every achievement for huge games like fallout 3 so people think you have no life, lol.  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:53 pm
I only have ~600 gamer points and I still have no life. cry  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:42 pm
Jonnnn
I only have ~600 gamer points and I still have no life. cry

Well Jonnnn you better start crackin! lol

And if you really want to be a achievement whore and you really want to boost your score by 1000 in 7 minutes or less, just go rent Avatar: The Last Airbender.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces